• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which TD to buy an IWC from?

amskhan

Looking Around
2/6/18
Long time lurker here. Finally decided to buy a Portugieser, but unsure which TD I should use.

I've been looking at puretime, jtime, etc.

Models I'm considering:
  • IWC Portuguieser 3714 RG
  • IWC Le petit prince
  • maybe an IWC chronograph
Also hoping somebody can suggest which TD.

Thank you.

JYK52800

Known Member
22/1/20
California
Any TD can get you what you want. They all source from the same factories. The differences between the TDs lie in the level of customer service and scale of operations. My advice is to try a few different TDs since you're probably going to end up buying more than one watch. By the way, I own the IWC 3714 in Gen and it's a killer watch

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

amskhan

Looking Around
2/6/18
Do you think these QC pictures are good.

Last edited by a moderator:

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Do you think these QC pictures are good?

Not especially. The light balance seems way off, the focus isn't great and the general composition leaves a lot to be desired. I think the TD should stick to selling watches rather than trying to make a go of it as a photographer.

Hope this helps.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China

amskhan

Looking Around
2/6/18
I've shipped other stuff into the US, but I'm wondering if US customs would have any problems.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
I've shipped other stuff into the US, but I'm wondering if US customs would have any problems.

Customs is a risk we all take when buying illegal counterfeit watches. Over my 4 years of buying Reps, my seizure rate is 2%. One was my fault for not listening to my TD and used DHL. The other was replaced by my TD. The TD's all have different policies. Never ship multiple watches in one shipment. This is not Amazon. My orders take 3 weeks to arrive once they start the journey.

dlqx48

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/8/17
I've bought from both Puretime and Intime before. Never had a problem with either of them.

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Ok I'll probably buy this one tomorrow morning
https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=30_189&products_id=21875

Is there anything else I need to look out for before buying?

Message the TD before you order if its avaliable. If they say yes order, and wait. Seriously there can be a long wait from weeks to months. But it will pay off in the end. With whats going on today things change every day. You may order a watch thats avaliable and next hour they are raided and gone forever.