First order with InTime - 5711 Blue PPF v4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First order with InTime - 5711 Blue PPF v4

I was looking to buy my first rep and after much reading in here, I decided to proceed with placing an order for 5711 blue PPF v4 with Ryan from InTime. Before I proceeded to check out, I decided to write an email to Ryan to ask if it was possible for shipping option via EMS (since I was located in Asia, I was reluctant to go with $50 shipping versus $25 EMS) However, since EMS wasn't an option upon check-out, I asked Ryan on whether it could be done, and how. Ryan was quick to respond and told me that I had to place a custom order, with quantity, then a note in the comment box.

Below is the chronological order (so far):

9/6 - Initial correspondence with Ryan; was advised to place a custom order and add note before checkout.

10/6 - Placed an order for 5711 PPF v4 ($498), with DHL shipping ($48) and custom order with note ($1). I had the impression that I would be billed for watch with EMS ($498 + $25). Also received confirmation of order, with Ryan updating me that I would get my QC pics within 3-5 business days.

11/6 - Received QC pics; requested for additional pics (detail, lume, timegrapher).

12/6 - Received second batch of QC pics, but missing timegrapher. Requested for timegrapher results once more.

13/6 - Received third batch of QC pics with watch on timegrapher. Happy with results and approved for shipping.

15/6 - Received notification from Ryan that my package has been shipped out via DHL and was also provided tracking number. I replied that I was looking forward to receiving the watch, but also enquired why the watch was shipped via DHL and if I would be compensated for the "extra" ($23) shipping and "additional" note ($1). It may not be a significant amount of money, but I had the impression I was following clear and concise instructions. Regardless, Ryan responded that my parcel was shipped via DHL as it was the safest possible shipping alternative. I was okay with that, but felt like I overpaid $1 for no reason.

18/6 - Tried to check on the tracking of my parcel on DHL but there has been no changes (status says "Shipment information received"); checked with DHL and was told they do not have the parcel yet. I checked with Ryan, who was also quick to respond -- he mentioned it was being processed for export and would be slower due to virus. My order on InTime's website says shipped, but for now, DHL says they have not picked the parcel up. Ryan also responded to me and told me I was charged $1 as I "decided to place a custom order for some reason". He said he didn't know why I did it, and that I could place a note without custom order too. I tried to order another item on InTime's website and could not find where I could place a note without having to add $1. Also, no EMS option, so it would seem I would be billed $48 instead of $25 EMS either way. Anyway, Ryan has responded also that it may take between 7-14 days before DHL receives my package (China to HK) before my parcel is shipped to me (HK to Asia).

:: To be updated ::

Hi all, just wanted to share my experience as a first time buyer with InTime and will update as this progresses.

While comms has been good so far, I do feel a little annoyed that I requested for EMS shipping ($25) and was told to place a custom order, which had an additional $1 surcharge. Instead, my parcel was shipped out via DHL ($48) and Ryan told me he did not know why I placed a custom order -- although he was the one who advised me to place a custom order via the link he provided, and to add a note in my order upon check-out.

Comment

Originally posted by n0wj View Post
      Hi all, just wanted to share my experience as a first time buyer with InTime and will update as this progresses.

While comms has been good so far, I do feel a little annoyed that I requested for EMS shipping ($25) and was told to place a custom order, which had an additional $1 surcharge. Instead, my parcel was shipped out via DHL ($48) and Ryan told me he did not know why I placed a custom order -- although he was the one who advised me to place a custom order via the link he provided, and to add a note in my order upon check-out.
      Mine was also marked shipped on 6/17 but has not been picked up yet or dropped off. I figured there may be a short delay due to the times. Must be an automatically printed shipping label but not actually shipped. Hope mine also gets into actual possession of DHL soon.

Comment

23/6 - 8 days in, it seems the parcel has still not yet been picked up.

Comment

I wouldn't rely too much on the tracking info. Just put a date in your head about 3 weeks after shipping date and if it comes before then you'll be over the moon. Covid has slowed everything up so patience is required.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pepperami View Post
            I wouldn't rely too much on the tracking info. Just put a date in your head about 3 weeks after shipping date and if it comes before then you'll be over the moon. Covid has slowed everything up so patience is required.
            Thanks for the assurance. Given how InTime have plenty of positive feedback, I am confident too that I will eventually receive my package. Only slightly miffed at the bonked shipping and extra $1 spent. Also, I read that others who have ordered their PPF v4 from other TDs have received their watches, so I was curious why some have made it out, when others have not (different shipping methods notwithstanding).

Comment

Originally posted by n0wj View Post

Thanks for the assurance. Given how InTime have plenty of positive feedback, I am confident too that I will eventually receive my package. Only slightly miffed at the bonked shipping and extra $1 spent. Also, I read that others who have ordered their PPF v4 from other TDs have received their watches, so I was curious why some have made it out, when others have not (different shipping methods notwithstanding).
              Was told via email it could take up to 10 days from being marked shipped to change status due to COVID and actually be picked up. Like I said mine was also marked shipped on 6/17 and my status as of a few mins ago has not changed.
              Last edited by mrls430; 24-06-20, 01:49.

Comment

I am having the same issue as well! ALSO PPF V4. I called DHL and they say they haven't received the package from the seller yet. Am still waiting for a reply from Ryan...

Comment

I am sure Ryan is swamped with emails asking him why nothing is being updated. I don't think he is able to explain in any further detail and am sure he would have wanted the parcels to be picked up stat as well. I'm just curious what happens between shipping label being printed (also why it is marked as shipped in the first place) to the actual parcel being collected and shipped out.

I'm going to be practical here and keep with his notification of 10-14 days. I'll reach out by the end of 14 days asking for an update.

Comment

Originally posted by babbayagga View Post
                    I am having the same issue as well! ALSO PPF V4. I called DHL and they say they haven't received the package from the seller yet. Am still waiting for a reply from Ryan...
                    Still waiting as well. Mine was marked shipped on 6/17.

Comment

30/6 - 15 days in and it seems my parcel has still not yet been picked up. I emailed Ryan yesterday (29/6) but have not received any response from him. While I can imagine his "situation", I also do believe it should be his responsibility to keep his customer(s) updated.

Comment

I just ordered a daytona from ryan also stuck at shipping information received .. just to clear your anxiety its perfectly normal as it has to be shipped to hong kong by the independent courier before being taken into dhl possession which can take a few days at the minimum after that it should be smooth sailing. Updates happen as soon as it is picked up contrary to belief - if there's a scan there's an update.

Comment

Originally posted by canwd View Post
                          I just ordered a daytona from ryan also stuck at shipping information received .. just to clear your anxiety its perfectly normal as it has to be shipped to hong kong by the independent courier before being taken into dhl possession which can take a few days at the minimum after that it should be smooth sailing. Updates happen as soon as it is picked up contrary to belief - if there's a scan there's an update.
                          Thanks for sharing. So the process is first for the parcel to be picked up by a independent courier in CN to be shipped to DHL in HK, before it heads to buyer. Got it. So in my case, after 14 days, it seems that the local independent courier in CN has yet to pick up my parcel.

Comment

Fyi guys, TD's have NO control of when items get picked up for deliveries, and in my opinion, i would not be bugging DHL about your illegal counterfeit items! Just trust in the process and be very very patient. I waited almost 6 weeks for my first purchase.
                            Last edited by kavorca1; 30-06-20, 06:22.

Comment

I don't understand why some of the responses in here are so bugged out about why buyers, especially new ones, are concerned about delays in shipping. I am in a similar geographical location as TD and I am sharing a concern and my experience in dealing with this TD. Delays or otherwise, response from TD with an update of why delays are happening are not wrong... are they? When I purchase a product off the Internet, am I supposed to wait blindly and expect everything to be delivered without an update? While I appreciate some of the reassuring responses, I don't get why others are responding in an (almost) negative way.

Just to keep everyone updated; I received a reply from Ryan via email --

30/6 - Response received from Ryan: "The HK customs are checking for replica products and the local agent is waiting for a safe timing to process the clearance, and that is why there is a delay. Please be patient. Thank you for your understanding and I am sorry for the inconvenience caused!". Crystal clear response, and completely puts my mind at ease. Now, I have some idea of what is causing the delay and have no concern with waiting longer.
                              Last edited by n0wj; 30-06-20, 07:21. Reason: Typo

Comment

Working...
                              X