• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15450 blue dial purchase

myscrnnm

Horology Curious
11/1/21
This is my third purchase from InTime, and my first time getting a watch from the JF factory. Replica is an Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15450ST on SS bracelet with the blue grande tapisserie dial. I placed my order on March 29th, and received the QC images on April 1st.

However, I've run into a little snag. I noticed in the first QC set that the 9 o'clock marker was slightly crooked, so I asked the QC team for a shot of the dial looking straight on to see it more clearly. After I confirmed that the hour marker was in fact askew, I asked to reject the specimen. However, the QC team emailed me back saying they did not believe the hour marker to be crooked.

I sent the following images in my latest email, with overlays to illustrate the problem. Any suggestions on how to proceed? I know the offset isn't really that much, but after I was sloppy with my last purchase and got a watch with the dial off by a few degrees, I just want to make sure I get the best possible sample I can.

(first image is from original QC, second after I requested a different angle, third is from QC team in response to my concern)

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Not sure how you would see that without drawing those ridiculous lines on a fake watch picture.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: Akilles and Uhr70

And1_12

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/4/21
Just found your post ...

I have the same problem with my DJ

But I have already received the watch!! I was immediately wondering....”something is wrong with this watch/ dial...”

Rolex logo (12)
Printing “superlative...” (6) are crooked!

“II” 2 o’clock sign not in center of 2h “bar”

My first order and I am really disappointed.

Still in contact with InTime. I would never wear this watch in public.

J_rwi

21/2/21
Canada
It is hardly noticable. Even gen watches have slightest misalignment. Maybe not an actual AP but I hope you get what I mean. It could also be the angle of the picture. I would go for it, looks good. After all you probably wont be starring at your watch longer than a couple of seconds when checking the time. At least not for me. Good luck.

Reactions: Uhr70

tedit

Supporter
12/3/18
once you see it you can't unsee it
ask for another one and dot be so picky, its a replica afterall

myscrnnm

Horology Curious
11/1/21
Just found your post ...

I have the same problem with my DJ

But I have already received the watch!! I was immediately wondering....”something is wrong with this watch/ dial...”

Rolex logo (12)
Printing “superlative...” (6) are crooked!

“II” 2 o’clock sign not in center of 2h “bar”

My first order and I am really disappointed.

Still in contact with InTime. I would never wear this watch in public.

Sorry to hear about your experience with the Datejust. I've learned to be much more careful with the QC pictures after I purchased a SPECTRE Seamaster 300 rep where the entire dial was misaligned. Can't unsee it, which is a shame since the case and movement are beautifully finished. It's good to ask for images where you can look at the dial dead-on, and ask the seller to align the hands to the 12:00 position to make sure they're properly aligned.

Luckily for me, the seller got me a new example of the 15450 that had properly aligned hour markers.

AlamoApe81

Horology Curious
18/8/21
United States
How did you determine if the watch in the picture is level? Did you measure the distances from the edge to edge. Then edge to center. Both directions? That would give you dead center of the watch. Seems very hard to do without a CAD program or watch in hand.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk