• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My experience with Intime/Ryan

insideo

Known Member
17/8/20
Ok, we all know that the Rep biz is different to to Gen biz. Ten times the price of course means better information, better service, better payment methods. Now, here's the thing: dealing with Ryan of Intime is nearly as good as dealing with digital dealers on chrono24 (or wherever).

Yes, it takes time. Sometimes it takes 2 days till your emails get answered (also because of the time difference). But we all know that dealing with timepieces means needing to have time. Rare Gens also have a certain time horizon.

Yes, after the order it can take up to two weeks until the first photos arrive. You answer fast and you get a tracking number by Ryan fast. But then it can take another two weeks until your tracking number gets activated. That was for me the most annoying: not knowing where the watch was and why it took so long with no movement at all at the shipping company.

But then: as soon as the number shows signs of life it goes really fast. My first watch at Intime took less than 10 days to arrive to my place. My 2nd watch more than the double because of loosing 10 days at the sipping company (DHL). But in the end it arrived and at any point Ryan was there to help and calm my panicked soul down. He really is friendly, helpful and honorable.

The watches: if you pick the right and good ones they are awfully awesome. My BB Bronze is so well regulated that at the moment it runs better than my incredibly expensive chronometers.

Only thing (but that's not Ryan's fault): the straps. I don't get it: the companies make great watches but why do they make such cheap leather straps? They are hard, stiff, cheap looking. So ordering a steel bracelet is always the better choice. Since I don't wear bracelets I am now aware to always have to buy a matching strap with a rep watch at a trusted strap dealer.

So, thumbs up for Ryan. Incredible work and very, very trustworthy. From my perspective and experience: highly recommended.

Great guy and I hope he stays with us for a long time.

Reactions: MulliganPlsThx

Wolex

7/2/20
Nice Tudor Black Bay Bronze! Love it! I have a BB bronze which I bought a Gen but now would rather sell that and buy a rep instead lol... cost less, looks as good, and since I only wear it for fashion, I guess reliability is not as critical :)

insideo

Known Member
17/8/20
Hey mate,

Right now the Rep goes as well as my Gen. I have the Tudor BB chronograph as Gen and the only big difference from the outside is that adjusting the time with the hands is incredibly firm and precise while the Rep is more on the wobbly and imprecise side. And the bezel on the Rep feels quite cheap and raw. But still I am happy and I like the Rep.

Wolex

7/2/20
Hey mate,

Right now the Rep goes as well as my Gen. I have the Tudor BB chronograph as Gen and the only big difference from the outside is that adjusting the time with the hands is incredibly firm and precise while the Rep is more on the wobbly and imprecise side. And the bezel on the Rep feels quite cheap and raw. But still I am happy and I like the Rep.

Can you elaborate a bit more on why you say that? I'm trying to get understanding so I don't have to get a rep to compare. Thanks!

insideo

Known Member
17/8/20
Can you elaborate a bit more on why you say that? I'm trying to get understanding so I don't have to get a rep to compare. Thanks!

It's very easy: when you push the crown down to let the watch run again after having adjusted the time the hands on the REP wobble a little bit and have an uncertainty of around 1 minute while the GEN is absolutely precise and the pushing of the crown does not relocate the hands not a single bit.

The bezel of the REP looks good but when you let your fingers wander along the side of the bezel you can feel some sharpness as if the bezel was shaped roughly without sanding and polishing the edges to the max.