• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CLEARENCE DELAY FOR 2 WEEKS!

TqRz

Horology Curious
15/6/20
I am the other user. Ryan also has just told me thar my package has been seized. He also offered me a refound or a new watch. I go for a new try, so he will send me a new watch. Let's see if now we are lucky.
Yeah I'm going to take the chance also and hope this one will come,

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

btramos

APpreciative PAMpassionate IWCrazy
Supporter
Certified
6/6/20
US
Same issue here. The status at DHL was just "shipping information received" for 12 days so I finally reached out to Ryan a few days ago (because DHL was saying they hadn't received any package to actually deliver). Ryan responded saying he was sorry but the package was blocked by Hong Kong customs. He was apologetic and offered a free replacement so I opted to go that route. Sounds like something happened with all of our watches around that same time frame. Now waiting for new QC photos so fingers crossed the 2nd time is a charm.

Reactions: KushBandit

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
Same issue here. The status at DHL was just "shipping information received" for 12 days so I finally reached out to Ryan a few days ago (because DHL was saying they hadn't received any package to actually deliver). Ryan responded saying he was sorry but the package was blocked by Hong Kong customs. He was apologetic and offered a free replacement so I opted to go that route. Sounds like something happened with all of our watches around that same time frame. Now waiting for new QC photos so fingers crossed the 2nd time is a charm.

Now I see why my order from him has been stuck on "shipping info received" for over a week. I've emailed him but never got a response.

Seeing as all of ours has been seized, I don't think I'm going to gamble with it again since it's a $700 Daytona. I'll probably get a refund and reorder in the future, when the shipping issues begin to subside.

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Just be patient folks. I’ve had watches sitting at customs for over a month with no further tracking info. Then it just showed up one day with no tracking updates. A LOT of them do not get updated after it gets to customs.

There is also the huge issue with limited flights and delays (especially in the US). Basically, shipments don’t move until a container is completely full. Then there is the huge backlog of packages at customs. Hell, I doubt they’re even trying to check them unless it’s obviously a pack of drugs or whatever worse things than a fake watch.

A few weeks ago, I had a watch coming from mary from RWG. I NEVER got any tracking updates. It always just said “awaiting package”. Then it just showed up.

It happens. It’s pretty much a regular thing on reps. Don’t worry about it. Even if it gets seized, Ryan is a stand up fella and will take care of you. Hell, he’d be losing more than you if it got seized because he would be sending another watch to replace it. That’s 2 watches he sold for 1 price.

Soo many people pop up here thinking they got ripped off or seized. It’s only been 2 weeks. If it’s been 2 months, I’d reach out to Ryan or whoever TD you bought it from. 2 weeks is nothing.

Plus, Ryan has no obligation to send you a replacement since you were not on the forums when you placed the order. Those seized replacements are specifically for forum members only from what I remember.

If you don’t want to deal with customs or worry for a month, just buy M2M in your country. That will limit customs risks but then you’re buying a used rep so you really don’t know what condition som of them are in. It’s a good thing this forum has a help desk with great mods who look out for the users here.

So, if you plan on joining this forum just to post about your watch not showing up after 2 weeks, at least be a supporter. Clearly, this forum and members are helping you out as well as Ryan.

Be patient bud. That’s rule number 1 on buying reps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taz71

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/6/16
Parts Unknown
bc1221
Similar thing happened to me, my watch showed it was stuck in customs, and it popped up at my doorstep the following day! The tracking info still showed it in customs after I received the watch.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Should i get the replacement or a refund? I really want the watch but I don't want it getting seized again and lose my money

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Think you’ve answered you own question and only you can Make that decision, no one can predict which parcels customs will check

Last edited:

bc1221

30/4/14
Was this DHL? Or epacket/4px/EMS?

It’s happened with pretty much every delivery service. The most recent one, I have no idea. Mary was using a new shipping service.

The previous one was DHL (I think). EMS was the one that was having a lot of trouble from what she told me. Always came back to her before leaving China. Or being seized.

tdx18

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/10/19
Just chiming in to increase statistical power.

Essentially the same story from my side recently; one parcel with two watches, sent from Ryan as usual, but with FedEx instead of DHL.

Stuck at Stansted for about two weeks, then being notified from Ryan about customs seizure with usual opt-in for either refund or replacement.

headtub

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/8/16
Switzerland
Just be patient folks...

The voice of reason.

COV-19 is causing huge delays for global air freight. Not just because customs officers dont know how to social distance, there are so many factors which the system is still working out how to manage in this "new normal". Not least is that much of air freight is actually done in the holds of passenger planes. Since those are not flying the whole network is disrupted.

Ryan is an absolute G. one way or another you are gonna be fine.

cdelpoz1

Horology Curious
19/6/20
spain
Thank you. He is going to send us another watches. Let's see this second try...

bc1221

30/4/14
The voice of reason.

COV-19 is causing huge delays for global air freight. Not just because customs officers dont know how to social distance, there are so many factors which the system is still working out how to manage in this "new normal". Not least is that much of air freight is actually done in the holds of passenger planes. Since those are not flying the whole network is disrupted.

Ryan is an absolute G. one way or another you are gonna be fine.

There is also a HUGE budget issue with USPS (if you’re in the US) so postal workers are just being screwed left and right so there will be larger delays than the normal.

Ryan is seriously a stand up guy. I’ve never had any issues buying anything from him.

johnandjemma

Horology Curious
28/12/19
I ordered a watch from Ryan on the 14th of June (he was very helpful) and it hasn’t appeared on the FedEx tracking information yet, i.e. it’s not been given to them, I’m assuming this is normal in the current climate and the delay is with the HK postal service. I was going to wait a bit longer before contacting Ryan, but any advice would be welcome (which I suspect will be just to wait).

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
Rolex are up to things lately, i know this for a fact. They are making a push during the time they have their legal team working from home.

I wonder of all you guys with this issue lately were the watches all Rolex?

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Rolex are up to things lately, i know this for a fact. They are making a push during the time they have their legal team working from home.

I wonder of all you guys with this issue lately were the watches all Rolex?

Customs won’t know it’s a Rolex unless they open the package.

If they’re opening packages then something is obviously wrong.

Rolex ain’t got much control over the girls that work at their ADs let alone Her Majesty Excise and Customs department..that’s just rep forum paranoia.

Sending a supposedly 10usd parcel via an expensive express courier service (FedEx/DHL) is what the problem is. The package will scream fake on an X-ray inspection.

FedEx/DHL hasn’t been safe for many years (to U.K). Clearly that’s not changed.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: ssouthall6

ssouthall6

10/10/13
I got a quote today sending a watch with DHL, Fedex and UPS from the UK to the US. The cost started at around $80 with £50 insurance and went as high as nearly $200.

No thanks!

johnandjemma

Horology Curious
28/12/19
I ordered a watch from Ryan on the 14th of June (he was very helpful) and it hasn’t appeared on the FedEx tracking information yet, i.e. it’s not been given to them, I’m assuming this is normal in the current climate and the delay is with the HK postal service. I was going to wait a bit longer before contacting Ryan, but any advice would be welcome (which I suspect will be just to wait).

My watch arrived earlier this week, about 4 weeks since ordering. Ryan couldn't have been more helpful. I'm really pleased.