• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Purchase

Iceman_X

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/6/20
Hello all. I am new here, but not new to the world of Rolex. I bought an Oysterdate 35 yrs ago for $500 at the PX in Germany. Loved the watch and the feel of it. Very comfortable. After 20 yrs I broke down and had in serviced for a busted crystal and lubrication. That exercise cost > $700. So a few yrs ago I sold it -not wanting to pay for another costly service. I miss the watch and have been considering a new Air King, but spending almost 7,000 was hard to reconcile. Then I heard of the Asian Super Clones which even experts had difficulty spotting.

After spending a good chunk of time reading this forum yesterday, I pulled the trigger this morning and ordered the Air King 116900 Baselworld 2016 1:1 JF Best Edition on SS bracelet SA3131 for $368 plus shipping.

The order seemed to accept my Visa card, however I do not see the pending charge when I log into my bank acct. I guess we'll see.

I am super anxious and hope the watch meets my expectations. The description indicates the oyster bracelet is well-finished and smooth like the original. Hoping this is the case since I paid an extra $100 or so for this model.

Has anybody else ordered the Air King?

Ryan emailed me indicating it was in stock and should have it in hand 3 weeks after placing order.

I will keep everybody posted on how the delivery proceeds. All the best....Mike

timekeeper7

Horology Curious
26/10/19
Hi Mike,
i think you made the right decision. Don’t worry about the oyster bracelets, they look and feel just like the genuine!
concerning your Visa card.., it also did not work for me, Ryan emailed me and then I paid via PayPal, it all worked fine :).

Iceman_X

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/6/20
Timekeeper7 -Thanks. Your comment helps put my mind at ease since this is my first time venturing into these waters. The credit card did end-up going thru. I should have QT pictures in a day or two. Will post them for commentary when available.

Iceman_X

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/6/20
I have my QC photos. I am doing this w/ a Chrome system. Upload is not working.

This link to my pix should work. All comments welcome.

My take: back case BADLY scuffed. Bezel in pic1 seems to show marks at the 7 & 12 o'clock positions. Pic2 shows no marks. Is this two different watches... -or some sort of reflection in pic1. (edit: While looking at from a larger monitor at work, I think those are reflections. They should take more care in getting decent QC pics)

There is no pic showing incuse rolex letter around inside edge. No pic showing band extended,

https://clickpix.org/user/iceman_x

Last edited:

Jamezboogies03

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/2/19
Ive replied to there qc dept. And asked for more pics different angles and they sent them promptly...that was on my first order with them

Iceman_X

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/6/20
This is the response I recvd last night after requesting more pictures:
//////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hi

I checked there is a problem on the crystal.I will show you another new one.

Best Regards,

InTimeWatches Quality Control Team
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

This seems odd since I had no questions about the crystal. Will keep this thread updated when I get new pictures.

Jamezboogies03

28/2/19
If there was a problem with the crystal...look at it as atleast there honest....my qcs even have the watch on a time graph machine...but i also received many angles of the watch ....hopefully you recive a nice "time machine" for your wrist!!!

Iceman_X

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/6/20
"If there was a problem with the crystal...look at it as atleast there honest..."

-Or they did a big 'Oh Shit' when I asked for pictures of the internals. I payed a premium price the the Asian Superclone 3131 auto movement. Also asked for pictures of the incuse lettering in the inside edge -which I didn't see. Still no QC pictures. Order was placed a week ago.

Iceman_X

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/6/20
Just recvd a new set of QC pictures. Order was placed 6 days ago and I still do not have the pictures originally requested.

https://clickpix.org/album/air-king-latest-qc-pics.olFI

For whatever reason, Ryan's QC team refuses to show the following pictures (after multiple requests):

1. Internals. I want to see the Asian Super clone 3131 movement and rubber gasket
2. Clasp opened
3. Side angle showing incuse lettering. (Edit: Picture 2 shows a hint of this lettering, but you must struggle to see it)
4. Show a pic of the watch on a time graph (this was a new request made today)

I am starting to lose faith on this order. Perhaps this is just a language barrier. Hopefully, it is not an attempt to hide what I have been asking (several times) to see.

Ryan has not been responsive to my concerns on the lack of pictures of key areas.

I will keep everybody apprised on how this proceeds.

Last edited:

Iceman_X

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/6/20
Well, it has been two weeks since the final QC pictures were approved. I was given DHL tracking number, but it looks as though DHL has not even received the package.

'Shipment information received' is all DHL has to say about it.

I sent Ryan an email what was up yesterday, but have not heard back from him. Not sure what is going on, about ready to call my bank to dispute the payment.

Aston12

Horology Curious
23/6/20
Well, it has been two weeks since the final QC pictures were approved. I was given DHL tracking number, but it looks as though DHL has not even received the package.

'Shipment information received' is all DHL has to say about it.

I sent Ryan an email what was up yesterday, but have not heard back from him. Not sure what is going on, about ready to call my bank to dispute the payment.

To be completely honest, I wouldn’t suggest disputing the payment for sure. InTime/Ryan is a TD here, so he was “checked” a lot of times by admins, moderators and regular members like you and I, and obviously delivered what was expected from him. In case something is wrong it’s better to try and solve it with him, or to ask for help via “Help Desk”, definitely no dispute though.
As to the delivery - it definitely takes time now, due to COVID and cancellation of commercial flights. Just look at the threads of different TD’s, where heavy delays are mentioned. Also from what I understand they ship it to Hong Kong first, and afterwards it is shipped to you.
Anyways, I would just suggest to keep calm and wait for the watch.
Ryan is a TD here for a reason, he is trusted by many members.
I also heard stories of tracking number not being updated at all, and after some time the parcel just pops up in your local DHL branch.
So my best suggestion would be just to wait, and not to worry too much, it will eventually be delivered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Iceman_X

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/6/20
Just received an email from Ryan. Three days after complaining my order has not shipped (2+ wks after QC approved), he told me my order was being 'reshipped.' He offered no explanation of what happened to the first package and made no mention of new QC pictures. I guess he just shipped another one sight unseen. I have no desire to go through that QC process again and just want my money refunded.

QC was a needlessly tedious process since the bare minimum number of pictures were initially provided. Getting add'l pictures was like pulling teeth. Each picture request also had a 48 hr turn-around window. And then without explanation they put another watch in the mix b/c 'something was wrong with the crystal'. So, the whole process had to be restarted with minimum pics.

I am not sure who wrote the above. Maybe you are Ryan's brother-in-law here to run cover for him or maybe you are a real customer, I don't know, but my experience with Ryan has not been a positive one. I simply want a refund at this point and told him that.

Last edited:

Aston12

Horology Curious
23/6/20
I am not sure who wrote the above. Maybe you are Ryan's brother-in-law here to run cover for him or maybe you are a real customer, I don't know, but my experience with Ryan has not been a positive one. I simply want a refund at this point and told him that.

Well, I don’t really think one small thread will anyhow impact Ryan’s business, and doubt he would “run cover” here. He has tons of good reviews, and personally I have a positive experience with him as well.

When people usually post on forum, they are sharing their thought and also expecting some kind of reaction from other members, and well, mine is above. The fact that is differs from yours, doesn’t anyhow suggest I am his “affiliate”.

I believe the sight issue is within your expectations. This is not Amazon prime, and even more than that - you are buying counterfeit items from the other side of the globe. Yes, the delivery will take some time. Yes, misunderstandings can happen, but it is easy to figure everything out with the seller and/or with the help of mod here.

My best intention was to share some knowledge that I gained on this forum, with the help of other members and just browsing through this forum. In any case, I see that this is not really needed in this thread.

All the best

Reactions: loewenzahn

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Just received an email from Ryan. Three days after complaining my order has not shipped (2+ wks after QC approved), he told me my order was being 'reshipped.' He offered no explanation of what happened to the first package and made no mention of new QC pictures. I guess he just shipped another one sight unseen. I have no desire to go through that QC process again and just want my money refunded.

QC was a needlessly tedious process since the bare minimum number of pictures were initially provided. Getting add'l pictures was like pulling teeth. Each picture request also had a 48 hr turn-around window. And then without explanation they put another watch in the mix b/c 'something was wrong with the crystal'. So, the whole process had to be restarted with minimum pics.

This is how it works and you'll get your watch the same one which you approved in your QC. There's no turning back now as QC has been approved and watch shipped. This is not Amazon remember you are buying illegal counterfeit items from Chinese dealers which are sent to you illegally the best possible way to avoid customs detection. It was reshipped for a good reason which we just don't know (package was returned by Chinese customs or etc).

This is how this world works.

It will be a long wait but you'll be very happy once you receive it.

Iceman_X

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/6/20
No, the QC was not approved for this new shipment. Nor was an explanation given. What is the point of a nearly two week long QC process, if you are going to ship a completely different watch?

Mr Brooks Lex

30/6/20
I feel for you man, but I am sure you did all your research and due diligence on every TD who could source the watch you wanted.

I can also assume you sensibly chose the TD based on their reviews from other members. Remember what you are buying, an illegal counterfeit item which to be done properly, has to be hid from customs when sent.

I am sure you know how important the business of customers is to each and every TD right now, so it is in their interest to try to get it right. But don’t expect a dispute resolution centre like ebay or tracking service like Amazon, otherwise you would simply sound naive, which I am sure is not the case.

The replica watch market is a very specific place with rules of conduct that are adhered to rigorously. If the risks for you outweigh the benefits, and your nerves can’t handle it, which is fine, then perhaps this is not the best vehicle for you to seek a counterfeit item.

Try work this out with the TD would be my advice. They have hundreds of requests daily and a small team, so getting back to everyone in an hour isnt easy, remember, you dont have all the control in this transaction.

Iceman_X

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/6/20
No, there were no QC pictures offered/approved for the replacement.

Mr Brooks Lex

30/6/20
Sounds like you are gonna do what you are gonna do either way so not sure anyones advice here is really needed. Not really sure why you are posting in that case. But all the best sorting it out and maybe the gen market is better for you than the rep market.

robertchampagne

Horology Curious
17/6/20
No, there were no QC pictures offered/approved for the replacement.

Because it's likely your watch (just like mine) was sent back to him and NOT confiscated. Myself and a few others experienced this, but it's literally due to the fact that they are checking packages in HK to ensure that PPE isn't sent out of the country, but all it takes is one watch to be seen before they keep a close eye on things like this, which also seems to be the case. Ryan is going to send you the exact same watch you saw in the pictures he's sent unless he's specifically said they took the watch, in which case they would order you a new one and do the control pictures over again.

They are simply waiting for a safe time to send it through customs. Be patient.