• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Disapointed....

benking

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/11/19
Hello,

My name is Ben. I am from Germany, so my English won't be perfect. ;)

I would like to hear what do you think about my experience with Ryan.

I ordered some time ago an omega seamaster 300 spectre
( https://www.intime05.co/omega/5029-...edition-black-dial-on-nylon-strap-a8400-.html )

In the description and on the photos were the black balance wheel. A reason why i bought the watch.

Description:

....MK maker spent 2 years to make this perfect, it uses A2824 movement with the blue spring and black wheel as the genuine movement, the modified movement h.. ...

So i ordered, payed and wait. I was so excited to receive the watch. You know the feeling when waiting long time for something. Then came the great day a week or 10 days ago. Post man ring my door. Yes!!!!! My omega!!!!!

Ran into the kitchen, open the package, see the watch. Happiness!
Turn the watch around, look at the bottom.......:

No black balance wheel! It is golden!

No happiness any longer. I was sad and absolutely disapointed. I felt like being muck around from Ryan.

I mean, i ordered and payed this watch like descriped in the shop and don't got what i payed for.

Ok, i calmed down and started to write an email with picture is sended it to him.

It's easier to post the emails here we wrote:

Me
Hello ryan,
Got the watch two minutes ago. I am a little disapointed. In the description and the pics in your shop it shows the black wheel. But the watch you send me has the not gen looking golden wheel. Pic is attached. The black wheel was the reason i bought it.....

Greetings

Him
Hello Ben,

I am sorry, I have asked the factory and they said the black balance wheel is stopped production, Would you like to have a voucher code $25 due to this imperfection?

Best Regards,
Ryan

Me
Hey Ryan,

Sorry but what will i do with this voucher?

Fact is, i payed for the watch with the black wheel. That was the main reason why i bought it from you.

It is like i order a new car with heated seats and the day i pick it up they are not heated. I can still sit on them but it is not the same and not what i ordered and payed for.

Sorry Ryan i am not ok with your offer.

In fact: i did not what i payed for!

So please have another idea for me. Because this watch is nothing for me now.

Greetz from Germany

Him (after 4 days)
Hello Ben,

how about if you resell the watch on the forum?

I will give you a discount for buying a new watch, I think that is easier and avoid the risk of the custom to return the watch back to us.

Best Regards,
Ryan

Me
That is your solution? Are you kidding?

I think without black wheel no one would buy it.

Here are my ideas

- you organize two or three of those wheels i need and i give it to a watch master who try to build them in the watch. Therefore two or three wheels, if one will broke.

- or the best solution is you send the money back include shipping cost and i send you the watch back

- or you pay some of the money back and i try to sell it or whatever....

When you talk about discount for a new order, about what we are talking? 20%, 40%, 60%?

I am afraid to get the next problems when i order another watch. Because this time it was not the best experience....

Greetings

Ben

What do you guys say to this?
I am very disapointed and feel like Ryan ripped me of.

​​​​​ Don't know how to react and what to do now. Sell the watch and lose but part of money is no option for me.

Greetz

Ben

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
Sorry to hear of your misfortune! Looking at his site, there are quite a few models of the Omega Seamasters that are offered for sale that have the "black balance wheel"... Maybe he can just source the wheel for you as you suggested, and you can have a local watchsmith put it in.

Reactions: lafiama

benking

22/11/19
Hope so, too. allegedly it is not produced anymore. Really, I don't believe this. I think that was a bad excuse.....

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
you didnt see it in the QC pics ?

sk9001

Looking Around
11/11/19
try selling it on the forum. i am sure you will get decent price and ryan should pay the difference plus voucher (not sure what that can be used for)... fair wouldn’t

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
try selling it on the forum. i am sure you will get decent price and ryan should pay the difference plus voucher (not sure what that can be used for)... fair wouldn’t

Why ?

Buyer received QC pics and approved them.

benking

22/11/19
Yes i did. On the pics the wheel wasnt shown. So you want to say that you have to controll every smallest littlest point if it is correct?

So otherwise the chinese will betray you? Never trust the chinese?

Sorry but this can't be ok. If i really will order another rep than definetely from Ryan. Because THIS is the worst support i ever had in my live.

Ok i learned from this. I think i i st on gen for the next time. :)
There is no one who betrays, and if there was a problem i ever got directly perfect support.

Greetz

Ben

benking

22/11/19
Sorry, auto correction. I meant

Definetely NOT from Ryan.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Yes i did. On the pics the wheel wasnt shown. So you want to say that you have to controll every smallest littlest point if it is correct?

So otherwise the chinese will betray you? Never trust the chinese?

Sorry but this can't be ok. If i really will order another rep than definetely from Ryan. Because THIS is the worst support i ever had in my live.

Ok i learned from this. I think i i st on gen for the next time. :)
There is no one who betrays, and if there was a problem i ever got directly perfect support.

Greetz

Ben

If a particular feature on a watch is important to you then it would make sense to check that the watch the TD intends to send you is the correct one.

Not sure why you've mentioned nationality here, but TDs sell hundreds of different models of watches - many models are made by several different factories, TDs can't be expected to keep track of every single detail of a specific model produced by a specific factory who may update their production from time to time - usually without informing the TDs.

The purpose of QC pics is not to compare the timing accuracy of your watch against the gen, nor is it to check that all 90° angles are true, that all parallel lines are parallel, that the molecular structure is 1:1 with the gen.
The purpose of QC pics is primarily to check that the TD has sourced the watch model and version that you want.

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
If this helps, my most recent order was with Li. Pam ceramic. It is supposed to have a black wheel (that springy thing which has the regulation lever). That is the identifier for the latest version. His first QCs didnt show it. So I asked him to take pics of it showing it. And additional exhaustive photos of QC performance and such.

Never mind that now that I am not fascinated with this model, it feels like a wrist strap weight strapped to one arm. To some extent a cast. What I am trying to advise, it is your responsibility to do proper QC. Ja, es liegt in Ihrer Verantwortung, alles zu überprüfen, was wichtig ist!

benking

22/11/19
I cant understand that the TDs are treated like gods?!

Hey, he is a dealer. I am the customer.
He offers things in his shop and the customer buys them. That's it.

And in case of faults, you have to give support as a dealer. In the whole world.

But not when the holy td sells something. Than we all have to shut up and double and triple check everything.

Because TDs are holy and nobody is allowed to doubt.

Are you all that same when you buy stuff on eBay or at Walmart or wherever?
The dream if every dealer!

I'm out......

benking

22/11/19
r0b9502 i understand what you mean. But i did not thought to check every little thing. First time i buy a rep.

I thought I could at least rely on the facts stated in the shop.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Because TDs are holy and nobody is allowed to doubt.

Are you all that same when you buy stuff on eBay or at Walmart or wherever?

You need to do some reading partner.

benking

22/11/19
Oh i forget to say that it dont have the moddet movement like it was said in the shop!
it has three modes of crown (include date setting. Without showing it on the dial. But you can set it and hear it changing).

come on guys, ryan just f***ed me.