• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Repair debacle with InTime

Zormin

Horology Curious
17/1/19
Hi all,

In the thread https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ty-or-bad-luck I promised a review in the appropriate TD section when everything was solved. It has now been solved with InTme, but boy it was a rollercoaster. Sit your ass down, it's story time...

March 2019: I ordered a ZF Bathyscaphe from InTime. It made total sense since my purchase of an ARF DateJust a couple of months prior went totally smooth. The ZF Bathyscaphe was unfortunately DOA. Totally avoidable if the QC team had done ther job properly. About the same time as the new watch arrived, my ARF DateJust broke.
April 2019: After some back and forth discussing the issue in I sent both watches back in the same package (as per InTime's instructions). They arrived about 2 weeks after and was acknowledged by InTime.
May 2019: I knew that I was in for a long wait so I wasn't very shocked when I received an e-mail describing that "the factory" had to lay low for a month and my repair was delayed.
June 2019: I received a new mail saying the watch would be finished within two weeks.
July 2019: After three weeks I contacted InTime and asked how things were going. Now they said the ARF DateJust was lost "by the factory". I demanded a replacement and also asked how the repair went for the ZF Bathyscaphe. InTime accepted to get me a new ARF DateJust or give me a refund, but never mentioned the ZF Bathyscaphe. I had to remind them several times about the ZF Bathyscaphe. Now it dawned on me. From the first status e-mail in May it seemed like they thought I had sent back only the ARF DateJust, and my suspicion was confirmed when they eventually responded. I thought I was fucked, but after some back and forth they eventually accepted that they had made an mistake. But now the ZF Bathyscaphe apparently also was lost..."by the factory" I assumed. About this time I also had read on the forum about InTime switching location or whatever in June and that the business were down for a month. So it became apparent that it was due to InTime the repair was delayed and it was most likely also they who misplaced both my watches during their move.
August 2019: InTime sent me a new and working ZF Bathyscaphe, after quite some back and forth with their incompetent QC team I must say. The ARF DateJust was out of stock at the time so I had to wait a few more weeks for that. After about two weeks I got an update that the ARF DateJust would be in stock earliest mid September. By that time I was so fed up with everything I asked for a refund. They "processed" my refund and since I had paid using my VISA card they would send the money back to it. That would take 3-4 weeks. Fine.
October 2019: After 6 weeks I contacted them again because no money had reappeared on my VISA card. InTime accused my bank from blocking the repayment. I contacted my bank and they said they never block repayments and asked for a transaction id to investigare further. I asked InTime for the transaction id and got a totally fake and probably just made up sequence of numbers. My bank got serious and demanded that I filed for credit card fraud. I didn't want to go there because I sure as hell don't want to tell my bank I'm buying replicas over the Internet with my VISA card. InTime was in favor though, strangely enough. I guess since they didn't have to pay me back then, if that would have worked. The money would have comed from VISA's ensurance or something. I asked for a refund via PayPal instead. InTime agreed and a few days later the money was back on my bank account.

What journey! First I want to make it clear that I have no issue with waiting or trusting people. But I do have issues with people not telling the truth, straight up lying or being sloppy/incompetent at their job. InTime failed me several times:
  1. They sent me a watch that wasn't working properly
  2. They somehow forgot that I sent two watches for repair
  3. They were not honest about the reason for the repairs to take longer time than expected
  4. They misplaced both my watches
  5. They blamed the factories when misplacing my watches
  6. They straight up lied about refunding the VISA payment
  7. They tried to avoid the refund by asking me to file for credit card fraud
I will never buy from InTime again.

Last edited:
Reactions: rolexppapfan

OmegaFan10

Horology Curious
14/10/19
Bought three watches from InTime. First order was an Omega, the clasp on the watch was not able to lock, complained, they sent me a replacement clasp. Second order was for three watches. After I paid the full amount, it turned out one of the watches was not available. The other two arrived. One is not exactly looking like the pictures, can be my fault not to factor in the lighting of those pics. Other watch broke the first time I wanted to set the time. The crown doesn't catch on the tread when I want to screw it back, basically it just turns freely in both directions, rendering the water resistance of the watch to zero. I told Ryan, his response, verbatim, "can you fix the issue".

I also wanted a refund for the watch that was out of stock, he said he refunded I should check my account. Needless to say, there's no refund.

If he refunds, I will update this post.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Bought three watches from InTime. First order was an Omega, the clasp on the watch was not able to lock, complained, they sent me a replacement clasp. Second order was for three watches. After I paid the full amount, it turned out one of the watches was not available. The other two arrived. One is not exactly looking like the pictures, can be my fault not to factor in the lighting of those pics. Other watch broke the first time I wanted to set the time. The crown doesn't catch on the tread when I want to screw it back, basically it just turns freely in both directions, rendering the water resistance of the watch to zero. I told Ryan, his response, verbatim, "can you fix the issue".

I also wanted a refund for the watch that was out of stock, he said he refunded I should check my account. Needless to say, there's no refund.

If he refunds, I will update this post.

I see you're spamming the forum with this excrement - let me post the same reply to you in every one of your posts.

So the first problem (the clasp) was sorted out by the dealer - ergo, it's not a problem.

The second order, one of the watches wasn't available - this actually does happen, even in the real world - And one of the watches doesn't, IYDSO, look like the pics . . . And another watch had a problem with the crown, and the dealer asked if you were able to fix it.

If he says he's refunded you, then he's refunded you, but it's not going to be an immediate refund - it may take a couple of weeks - yes, really, a couple of weeks.

The only problem I can see here, IMNSFHFO, is that you seem to be over dramatizing the whole experience.

When the TD asked if you were able to sort out the problem with the crown (what he actually meant was, were you able to find a solution on your own to the problem), did it occur to you to reply ?

Did you look on the forum to see if anybody else had the same problem, if they found a solution ? Did you make a thread asking opinions on what the problem with the crown could be, if it is an easy fix, or if it should be returned to the TD ?