• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Time Purchase - Issues with Asian 2824-2 movement (Tudor Black Bay 58 V2 from ZF)

cheeky_panduh

Horology Curious
8/11/19
Hi there,

I bought a watch from Ryan (InTime) after a long period of consideration.
It is my first replica watch and before I ordered it I had some doubts about the quality.
After the QC process, the watch was shipped very quickly.
I was very happy with the whole process and communication was pretty good!

Yesterday the watch arrived... visually it looks great, everything is neatly finished, even the bezel is good.
The watch also works but unfortunately setting the time is not possible.
It is an Asian ETA-2824-2 movement. If I pull out the crown (as far as possible) and it doesn't move clockwise or counterclockwise, i.e. the hands don't move.
The movement is also noisy... when you shake the watch a bit it sounds like the movement lays "loosely" inside the case... maybe it's the rotor?!

Does it make sense to send the watch back to China?
I'm thinking of customs problems and the waiting time in general and afaik the shipping costs are not covered by Ryan...
Can I repair it myself or give it to a watchmaker for repair? Maybe it's a good idea to replace the "Asian 2824-2" movement with a genuine one?
Don't get me wrong but honestly I only want to spend as less as possible to get the watch running...

I'm very disappointed because I don't get why they don't check the functionality before shipping ... can you estimate what the replacement will cost?

I appreciate any help!

Last edited:

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
Did you get timegrapher photos during qc? It could be something was damaged in transit.

I would suggest emailing Ryan in the first instance (if you've not done so already). He will likely accept a return but as mentioned above I would try to avoid sending back to China and instead find a local watchsmith to look at it .

cheeky_panduh

Horology Curious
8/11/19
Yeah, timegrapher results looked pretty solid: https://imgur.com/a/WpnNUPG

I think there are no good chances to find a local watchsmith because it's a rep and they'll refuse to take a look at it.
Do you have any other suggestions?

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Where are you located? There's a number of watchsmiths on the forum that can look at it and see what's wrong.

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
Sometimes TD's are reasonable to deal with. I would contact TD and ask for a credit for your next purchase..

fakteam33

Looking Around
31/8/20
Hello,

I have the same problem with my Asian 2824-2 movement Tudor Black Bay 58..

I am also located in Germany, what did you finally do to solve this issue ?

Thank you in advance for your answer.