• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Sea Dweller ARF V3 Gone Wrong

mattsrs

Horology Curious
7/7/19
Finally got the watch today. It's repaired and have not noticed a problem with the bezel. The process was long mostly due to mail and 2-3 weeks repair time but overall happy with InTime customer service. Ryan and his team were responsive throughout the process and paid for both way shipping for repair.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kurtrevheim

mattsrs

Horology Curious
7/7/19
Spoke too soon! Wore it for two days the watch stopped working. The crown is now too stiff to wind and clearly the movement has issues. I have been unlucky with this watch. Emailed Ryan to ask what he'd do. So disappointed!

mattsrs

Horology Curious
7/7/19
Any update on the situation?

last update is what I mentioned above. Got the watch back and bezel is now fine but the movement stopped working after 2 days and it doesnt wind at all. The winding action is so stiff that its hard to wind! Emailed them but got out of office email back due do Chinese new year. This is by far my worst experience with a replica

EC1009

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/1/20
last update is what I mentioned above. Got the watch back and bezel is now fine but the movement stopped working after 2 days and it doesnt wind at all. The winding action is so stiff that its hard to wind! Emailed them but got out of office email back due do Chinese new year. This is by far my worst experience with a replica

So disappointing indeed, one problem after another. Have you tried bringing it to a watch technician?

mattsrs

Horology Curious
7/7/19
So disappointing indeed, one problem after another. Have you tried bringing it to a watch technician?
Not yet. Thinking about replacing the movement with an ETA. Are there recommended/trusted watchsmiths on the forum I can send to?

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Not yet. Thinking about replacing the movement with an ETA. Are there recommended/trusted watchsmiths on the forum I can send to?

Definitely my recommended route. I may have missed it but where are you located?

Reactions: EC1009

EC1009

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/1/20

I’m sure there are, although I am
not familiar with watchsmiths in this forum.

In our country there are many watchsmiths who fix watches for a very cheap price. They can do almost everything for 10-20 USD.

skils4sale

Horology Curious
21/4/18
I dont get why intime couldn't just replace the watch with a brand new one. It seems like you hardly even enjoyed the watch

P996

Horology Curious
1/4/18
My experience with Ryan has always been excellent BUT from 18 (I think) watches I bought from them, seven had issues, one had to be sent back but was returned repaired and is still working fine. The issues were mostly minor (wristband, winding mechanism, falling off glued(?) on ornaments and a loose screw in a Tourbillon). I was only able to repair the Tourbillon, tried to find a watch smith for the rest but nobody would want to touch these replicas, one guy even wanted to keep the watch when he realized it is a replica.
My advice: If you want quality, you really need to choose the latest and basically most expensive version. Even then, you could be out of luck and the watch has issues.
Overall, Ryan and intime are very reliable and honest but the products are what they are and there isn’t much you can do about it. The products are from the usual factories, so you cannot blame Ryan or intime for any issues.
I think the factories should do better with quality control and materials, especially for more expensive pieces. I would gladly pay 50% more if I can be sure that the watch I am receiving is in perfect order. Maybe a chance for Ryan and his friends to offer an additional “extra quality” check for a fee, which would include checking the watch properly if it has quality issues. Just a suggestion...

J_rwi

21/2/21
Canada
My experience with Ryan has always been excellent BUT from 18 (I think) watches I bought from them, seven had issues, one had to be sent back but was returned repaired and is still working fine. The issues were mostly minor (wristband, winding mechanism, falling off glued(?) on ornaments and a loose screw in a Tourbillon). I was only able to repair the Tourbillon, tried to find a watch smith for the rest but nobody would want to touch these replicas, one guy even wanted to keep the watch when he realized it is a replica.
My advice: If you want quality, you really need to choose the latest and basically most expensive version. Even then, you could be out of luck and the watch has issues.
Overall, Ryan and intime are very reliable and honest but the products are what they are and there isn’t much you can do about it. The products are from the usual factories, so you cannot blame Ryan or intime for any issues.
I think the factories should do better with quality control and materials, especially for more expensive pieces. I would gladly pay 50% more if I can be sure that the watch I am receiving is in perfect order. Maybe a chance for Ryan and his friends to offer an additional “extra quality” check for a fee, which would include checking the watch properly if it has quality issues. Just a suggestion...

One word "Lucy"

Reactions: RBB224