• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Sea Dweller ARF V3 Gone Wrong

mattsrs

Horology Curious
7/7/19
I ordered this watch a few weeks ago and InTime sent me QC photos about 3 days after payment. From photos bezel paint had issues so they sent me another one QC photos which looked good! Today I received the watch and was so excited. However after I unboxed , there was scratch on polished case side but wasn't too deep so easy to buff out with soft polishing cloth. Main issue is the moment I rotated the bezel it came off and fell down (see photos) looks like a spring and pin is missing and doesn't stay stable in place. Very disappointing quality by ARF! Just emailed InTime hoping they'll send a replacement to rectify this. It's my first order from InTime so I'm hoping they are good with customer service.

mattsrs

Horology Curious
7/7/19
More issues: tried to adjust time now the crown doesn't screw back all the way and it was very loose when I pulled it out
b4a60cc8eff28ed2fc082065dcf9961f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
The crown might not screw completely in because of the new gaskets. You want a little bit of give as the gasket compresses with use. The bezel, that's definitely a disappointment. Best of wishes. I'm sure it'll get sorted.

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
Mattsrs...This is a good case to keep and document your e-mail correspondence with InTime, and bring to RWI attention if not satisfied with their customer service. RWI will do their level best to help, but this is probably how this is going to go down. InTime is going to want you to ship the watch back at your expense, if there is a movement problem, as perhaps suggested by the loose crown (stem?) issue. This raises big Custom issues as getting past China Customs is problematic at best! Plus it will take a long time to get the watch back, and it may or may not be fixed properly if the movement/stem has issues. If l were you, save yourself some grief and find a local Watchsmith (they will work on reps, don’t worry about that), or someone on RWI that works on watches. As for the bezel, I hope they send a replacement, but chances are not good. Do some creative thinking and research on how it is assembled, and you will figure something out to repair it on your own. It won’t be perfect, and it’s disappointing, but preferable to the wait and risk of sending back. I know you paid good money, and it's frustrating, so I don’t mean to come across as callous, l’ve just played this game many times before.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rel

mattsrs

Horology Curious
7/7/19
Mattsrs...This is a good case to keep and document your e-mail correspondence with InTime, and bring to RWI attention if not satisfied with their customer service. RWI will do their level best to help, but this is probably how this is going to go down. InTime is going to want you to ship the watch back at your expense, if there is a movement problem, as perhaps suggested by the loose crown (stem?) issue. This raises big Custom issues as getting past China Customs is problematic at best! Plus it will take a long time to get the watch back, and it may or may not be fixed properly if the movement/stem has issues. If l were you, save yourself some grief and find a local Watchsmith (they will work on reps, don’t worry about that), or someone on RWI that works on watches. As for the bezel, I hope they send a replacement, but chances are not good. Do some creative thinking and research on how it is assembled, and you will figure something out to repair it on your own. It won’t be perfect, and it’s disappointing, but preferable to the wait and risk of sending back. I know you paid good money, and it's frustrating, so I don’t mean to come across as callous, l’ve just played this game many times before.
Thanks for the guidance. Gonna see what InTime says and will def share here. What brothers me is that the first QC photos had bezel paint problem. They told me they got me a new watch! Now with this messy bezel, I wonder if they just replaced the bezel not professionally and sent the watch? I got another replica from PureTime and got much better QC photos and no problem. Not saying InTime is inferior but how resolve this problem will show how good they are. Will keep everyone posted.

Reactions: Warrcraft

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
I’ve had a few problems with InTime as well, and personally don’t use them anymore. Your theory about replacing the bezel insert is possible, but I suspect it’s easier for them to just go get another watch and sent you this one. It doesn’t sound like they did a true quality control check, because the problem with the watch should’ve been obvious if they did. The last watch I got from them, the movement was bad, and I eventually had to sell it for $200 less than what I paid for it, that really hurt! Yes, please keep us informed on how this turns out it would be very interesting to know.

Reactions: mattsrs

mattsrs

Horology Curious
7/7/19
InTime says I can send them to repair! But given what you told above that I have to pay for return shipment and wait forever to get it back, I'm not sure that's what I'd do. Will ask them to send me new bezel and four set of spring and pin underneath the bezel so I can repair myself

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
The send in for repair reply is expected for a TD, so that's good. Now ask if they will assume seizure risk? Who pays for return shipping? If so, keep documentation. If it’s just your bezel, I would follow the course of action you’ve decided upon, assuming they will send you what you request. Regarding the crown, hopefully it’s only a fresh gasket issue much like RX mentioned as I’m a bit worried about the loose stem issue. You will have to decide if your watch is keeping good time, and there are no movement issues. If you suspect a movement issue, and the TD is willing to except Custom seizure issue, then you have a decision to make, fix here or send off, for the above reasons we wrote about earlier. Anyway, let us know what the reply and outcome is!

Last edited:

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
InTime says I can send them to repair! But given what you told above that I have to pay for return shipment and wait forever to get it back, I'm not sure that's what I'd do. Will ask them to send me new bezel and four set of spring and pin underneath the bezel so I can repair myself

Any updates? :)

Last edited:

mattsrs

Horology Curious
7/7/19
They are great so far. InTime said ARF don't have those pieces I asked for repair so it's likely they'd replace the case so need to ship it back. They said they'd reimburse me for shipping and they don't think they'll be issues with China customs and worst case they'd return to shipper and not seize. Going to ship on Monday and will keep you guys posted. I observed the watch the past few days and keeps ok time mostly +3sec/day which I think is ok for this movement. Isn't it? The stem looseness doesn't seem to be an issue. I meant the crown rotation feeling is not as refined as genuine which is expected. Let me know if +3 sec/day is an issue so I can ask them to repair movement too

bignicklaw

Horology Curious
11/8/17
NYC Born and Raised...
Excellent discourse so far. Ryan and his team have always been fair/reasonable on the multiple transactions I have had with them. Glad to see Intime is keeping it up!!!

mattsrs

Horology Curious
7/7/19
Update: my package tracking has been showing "held in custom" for the past 10 days. Hope it clears soon! It took 4 days to go from east coast to Guangzhou customs but 10 days stuck there

mattsrs

Horology Curious
7/7/19
Got cleared and delivered last Tuesday (16 days after shipped). Ryan said they have the watch and working on repair. Will report back again when I hear from them.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

mattsrs

Horology Curious
7/7/19
Still waiting! Last communication with Ryan was they are waiting for ARF to repair but it's been 17 days since they got the watch and not sure why repair is taking so long. I asked if they'd replace the watch instead of repair given this was a manufacturing defect

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Gokzilla

Horology Curious
6/11/19
Oh, i want to buy a Rolex Hulk for my Son. Better i buy it on Puretime.