• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Very disappointed with Intime.

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
Look, I am not one to gripe and complain but I think I have to let people know the experience i had with Intime and I hope they will agree to make good if things doesn't go my way as promised.

I bought a Noob Daytone V2.2 but I found after wearing the watch that the clasp has a manufacturing fault. Basically the pin that resides within the spring and locking mechanism is misaligned due to the hole that was drilled was offset slightly making it impossible for the pin to sit level causing the spring mechanism to come out of its position. It was ok at the start but gotten worse and you can see a gap where the locking mechanism won't sit flat anymore. This is obviously a fault in the manufacturing and as much as I wanted to fix this myself, it is impossible without the right tool.

I highlighted this to Ryan and he agreed to have me send the bracelet back for him to check. But I decided against this and requested for Ryan to sell me another clasp mechanism but I guess they don't sell just the clasp so he offered the whole bracelet. He gave me a very good offer on the new bracelet. But I insisted on having it shipped DHL because as I have experienced many time, stuff gets lost or take months to get to me from China or Hong Kong. (So its a 50/50 thing and believe me I have items never arriving before) I have no idea where the part is coming from so I didn't want to take the chance. Then Ryan offered DHL shipping at a price and I agreed to it.

After deciding to get the part, the flooding incident occurred and my order was KIV'ed until just last month when Ryan informed me I could order. So I sent the payment and waited for the part. When QC pics were presented, I confirmed a few things and gave the confirmation. However, when I informed that they should DHL out the part, I got a message back saying it was unfortunately shipped by Airmail. I asked if airmail maybe they meant EMS which was acceptable. Ryan informed it was but then later on in another email said it was shipped by Airmail. I obviously wasn't too happy and said this was unacceptable because they should have followed my order and shipped out accordingly. That's when I received an email from their QC dept informing me that they have given me a very good discount on the bracelet and that was it. In another word, telling their customer to shove it where it belongs.

I wrote a very strong email back to them saying just because they have given me a good price on the bracelet doesn't mean they can ship the item out however they like and the fact that I paid for DHL did not matter to them at all. Now I was going to wait for the part to arrive first before making a hoohaa but I am still kinda pissed this happened. So here I am. So if Ryan is reading this, please do your part as a TD and accept the fault that was obviously not mine and offer me a solution should the part never arrive. What happened has happened and I am willing to wait for the part to get here. But should the unthinkable happened, are you willing to have another one shipped DHL to me? You can't expect me to wait months for the part. All communications are via email so if you forget what you wrote I am willing to refresh your memory.

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
Well at the expense of me waiting for weeks or maybe months. But if it does arrive, I am fine with it. However I know for a fact parts from HK and China takes forever to get here (via airmail) and half of the time they don't arrive. Lost in transit. Plus I paid for DHL. Ryan earlier said he will refund some for the shipping but its not about the money. Its about me actually getting the part. DHL will guarantee that for me. The 4 reps I got from Ryan have all been shipped by DHL. I am willing to pay for DHL just so the items get to me. And it helps Intime as well. Its a guaranteed delivery. So why would his QC dept ship airmail if not to save cost because as his QC team said

"how much was the bracelet We quoted for you? I remember this is a special price, the original price of the bracelet is $168 + shipping and We cover the cost." Yes and you gave the price. I only ask for the best price to settle the faulty bracelet. And no, the shipping I paid for.

Anyway if Ryan is willing to compensate with a replacement if the item got lost then I am ok to wait even without getting the refund. But I need him to commit to this if that happens cos the fault of the delivery was from his side. Actually from his not so tactful QC team. All I am looking for is a mutual resolution of the item getting to me whether its this current shipment or the next.

Can I open a ticket with the MOD if this happens and we can't resolve this issue? I would like to get my bracelet replacement.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
So basically this is a complaint about something that hasn't gone wrong, but that you feel could potentially go wrong, and you're putting pre-emptive pressure on the TD to make things right so that you can have 'your own way' ?

OmegaFan10

Horology Curious
14/10/19
I bought the
Planet Ocean GMT 43.5mm BP 1:1 Best Edition Black Bezel Sliver Numbers on Rubber Strap A8605.
The watch is superb quality but the clasp on the bracelet doesn't close. I've tried to adjust with a plier, no luck.
I sent them a video and they promised to look into it, it was two days ago.
I will keep you posted.

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
You are citing that half the orders from China get lost in transit or take forever to arrive. Thats some claim from someone with less than twelve months on the forum ranting at Ryan. I have been here longer and experienced many many orders without issue (patience is key in this game) and from all those orders only one needed to be returned to Ryan who sorted the issue as quickly as possible.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
You are citing that half the orders from China get lost in transit or take forever to arrive. Thats some claim from someone with less than twelve months on the forum ranting at Ryan. I have been here longer and experienced many many orders without issue (patience is key in this game) and from all those orders only one needed to be returned to Ryan who sorted the issue as quickly as possible.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

That's my experience so far and that is why I ask for DHL delivery. I was alright until the QC dept wrote me a message the way they did. I am not trying to flame Ryan and maybe in the heated moment I may have acted rashly. Anyway I will just settle this with Ryan via email. Honestly the amount isn't big and not worth to argue over. I did after all enter into this hobby without anyone pointing a gun at my head.

So if the MOD would like to delete the posts I started, please do so by all mean. Or maybe I should put on a flame suit just in case. I have a feeling more comments will flood in over time. :)

Last edited:

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
I bought the
Planet Ocean GMT 43.5mm BP 1:1 Best Edition Black Bezel Sliver Numbers on Rubber Strap A8605.
The watch is superb quality but the clasp on the bracelet doesn't close. I've tried to adjust with a plier, no luck.
I sent them a video and they promised to look into it, it was two days ago.
I will keep you posted.

I guess it was missed by the QC dept? Or damaged in transit?

Last edited:

Robert Harwood

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/1/17
I have to say I have purchased many watches from Ryan at InTime and I have never had a problem. He is my preferred TD.

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
I am flooding your post here. lol

In your opinion: “This is way below the western standard of business practice. I paid a lot for a 2 day DHL delivery but got a 30 day snail mail delivery instead. I should take my business elsewhere like Etsy or Ebay.”

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: DD60

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
I have to say I have purchased many watches from Ryan at InTime and I have never had a problem. He is my preferred TD.

I bought 4 watches from Ryan. Isn't that alot? Haha....

Its not Ryan, Its his QC dept staff. Unless they are one and the same. But my feeling is they don't come across as that willing to be thorough about QC.

The first time I got my watch from Ryan was a YM 2016 Baselworld. Great watch. one of my favorite one to wear. Kinda disappointed when the bezel was misaligned when I (many time) ask their QC dept to make sure its aligned. That episode got me to be brave enough to work on the bezel alignment after some advice from some good folks here. Scratched the watch case in the process. Would have been nice if I got a perfectly aligned bezel and didn't have to work on it.

I guess all these little things kinda build up overtime. Maybe the snail mail was the last straw for me and I popped. But I have to admit, sometimes its good to vent our frustration and where else can we do this if if not in this forum? :) even if it come across as being childish.

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
I am flooding your post here. lol

In your opinion: “This is way below the western standard of business practice. I paid a lot for a 2 day DHL delivery but got a 30 day snail mail delivery instead. I should take my business elsewhere like Etsy or Ebay.”

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

I will still buy from a TD if I decided to get another Rep. One thing is for sure though, I have not lost an item delivered by DHL. I have with China Mail or even Hong Kong Mail. I bought all my stuffs even from Aliexpress and delivery with DHL or any good courier services. Its guaranteed the item will get to where its suppose to go. As a merchant, I prefer if DHL is the only way to deliver goods. No hassle and less stress for both buyer and seller.

Reactions: efajri

MAX66

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/8/19
italy
guys try to smile, for charity I don't allow myself to alter anyone but with pleasure I follow various discussions and I must admit that efajri is always very direct and pungent in his posts and in his replies, I like it.
as for the experience shown by Alexccmeister, I think that perhaps in a slightly convoluted way he wanted to highlight the details of the transaction that he experienced in a negative way.
It is also true that it is important for all members of the forum to know and judge every positive or negative experience that can be the supporters and PATRON beau7816.
only time can teach.
Good Sunday to all RWI
MAX66

Reactions: Fernz

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
Randomly found this thread so let me drop y 2 cents about different shipping methods. As someone might know i'm manufacturing straps and therefore i have to use shipping companies to deliver the strap to the customers.

In 6-7 years that i'm in this business and easily past 1000, maybe even 1500 instances of shipping something somewhere i have used various services.

Based on my experience i can say that your good old snail mail (registered airmail) is the best if you consider price to reliability to speed of delivery to potential customs risks.

If you want something to fly under the radar, there is nothing better than airmail.

Want your stuff to be of interest for the customs go for DHL. DHL gets a cut from any potential customs duties fees, so i would not use it for any replica related stuff shipped to Europe.

When i'm buying a watch from the TD, i always ask for registered airmail, yes it takes 2 weeks to arrive but it is cheap as peanuts and zero customs related risks.

Bob L

Looking Around
1/9/18
Add me to the disapponted crowd. Bought a "clone" Yachtmaster, 40mm first version. Looks ok...but it is a manual wind, not automatic. Clearly not a replica of the orginal Rolex.

Mav2000

10/1/19
Add me to the disapponted crowd. Bought a "clone" Yachtmaster, 40mm first version. Looks ok...but it is a manual wind, not automatic. Clearly not a replica of the orginal Rolex.

I don't think a manual wind version was ever made. Get it checked, and it may just be possible that it is a simple fix

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
Randomly found this thread so let me drop y 2 cents about different shipping methods. As someone might know i'm manufacturing straps and therefore i have to use shipping companies to deliver the strap to the customers.

In 6-7 years that i'm in this business and easily past 1000, maybe even 1500 instances of shipping something somewhere i have used various services.

Based on my experience i can say that your good old snail mail (registered airmail) is the best if you consider price to reliability to speed of delivery to potential customs risks.

If you want something to fly under the radar, there is nothing better than airmail.

Want your stuff to be of interest for the customs go for DHL. DHL gets a cut from any potential customs duties fees, so i would not use it for any replica related stuff shipped to Europe.

When i'm buying a watch from the TD, i always ask for registered airmail, yes it takes 2 weeks to arrive but it is cheap as peanuts and zero customs related risks.

I agree on most of what you said. China or Hong Kong to the States is surprisingly fast even with normal airmail or registered airmail. From China or Hong Kong to where I am at (South East Asia), it is surprisingly slow. Even their shipping notes states 35-45 days to arrive. And they normally get to where I am maybe 2 months after purchase. Its that slow. And sometimes never. DHL or any courier service for me is best because unless the item is say car parts, custom don't even bother to tax for watches or electronic stuff. Its my preferred shipping even if it slightly more expensive.

Its like the part will go round the world twice before it drops by my place. And get lost in the process half the time. I gave up on free shipping or airmail shipping from China long ago.

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
I agree on most of what you said. China or Hong Kong to the States is surprisingly fast even with normal airmail or registered airmail. From China or Hong Kong to where I am at (South East Asia), it is surprisingly slow. Even their shipping notes states 35-45 days to arrive. And they normally get to where I am maybe 2 months after purchase. Its that slow. And sometimes never. DHL or any courier service for me is best because unless the item is say car parts, custom don't even bother to tax for watches or electronic stuff. Its my preferred shipping even if it slightly more expensive.

Its like the part will go round the world twice before it drops by my place. And get lost in the process half the time. I gave up on free shipping or airmail shipping from China long ago.

Good to know. Thanks !

OmegaFan10

Horology Curious
14/10/19
Bought three watches from InTime. First order was an Omega, the clasp on the watch was not able to lock, complained, they sent me a replacement clasp. Second order was for three watches. After I paid the full amount, it turned out one of the watches was not available. The other two arrived. One is not exactly looking like the pictures, can be my fault not to factor in the lighting of those pics. Other watch broke the first time I wanted to set the time. The crown doesn't catch on the tread when I want to screw it back, basically it just turns freely in both directions, rendering the water resistance of the watch to zero. I told Ryan, his response, verbatim, "can you fix the issue".

I also wanted a refund for the watch that was out of stock, he said he refunded I should check my account. Needless to say, there's no refund.

If he refunds, I will update this post.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Bought three watches from InTime. First order was an Omega, the clasp on the watch was not able to lock, complained, they sent me a replacement clasp. Second order was for three watches. After I paid the full amount, it turned out one of the watches was not available. The other two arrived. One is not exactly looking like the pictures, can be my fault not to factor in the lighting of those pics. Other watch broke the first time I wanted to set the time. The crown doesn't catch on the tread when I want to screw it back, basically it just turns freely in both directions, rendering the water resistance of the watch to zero. I told Ryan, his response, verbatim, "can you fix the issue".
I also wanted a refund for the watch that was out of stock, he said he refunded I should check my account. Needless to say, there's no refund.
If he refunds, I will update this post.

I see you're spamming the forum with this excrement - let me post the same reply to you in every one of your posts.

So the first problem (the clasp) was sorted out by the dealer - ergo, it's not a problem.

The second order, one of the watches wasn't available - this actually does happen, even in the real world - And one of the watches doesn't, IYDSO, look like the pics . . . And another watch had a problem with the crown, and the dealer asked if you were able to fix it.

If he says he's refunded you, then he's refunded you, but it's not going to be an immediate refund - it may take a couple of weeks - yes, really, a couple of weeks.

The only problem I can see here, IMNSFHFO, is that you seem to be over dramatizing the whole experience.

When the TD asked if you were able to sort out the problem with the crown (what he actually meant was, were you able to find a solution on your own to the problem), did it occur to you to reply ?

Did you look on the forum to see if anybody else had the same problem, if they found a solution ? Did you make a thread asking opinions on what the problem with the crown could be, if it is an easy fix, or if it should be returned to the TD ?

Last edited: