• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bad Experience with InTime and Bad Magnification on an ARF Sea-Dweller 43 2017 Baselworld 126600 V3

calneva

Looking Around
3/9/19
InTime sent me the ARF QC pictures - the dial shot looked fine in isolation, so I OK'd it and they sent it:

ZWV38.jpg

But then I saw someone else's InTime QC pictures of the exact same ARF V3:

ZWcyK.jpg

Notice the different cyclops magnification?

Here are the emails that followed:

Me: Dear Sir, I am concerned that the watch I received was not an ARF V3 but an ARF V2 as the magnification on the cyclops is too strong.

InTime: the V2 has been stopped production for a very long time, they only have V3 now.

Me: OK, but I am just not happy with the magnification - somebody else posted their QC pictures of the exact same watch from you and the magnification was nothing like mine. [I attached the photos above]

InTime: Did you mean the datewheel or the cyclops? the cyclops must be the same.

Me: I believe the cyclop is over magnifying the size of the datewheel aperture.

InTime: I have asked the maker but they said they have only one kind of cyclops and crystal...

Me: Thank you for asking - did you show them the pictures below - they must see there is an obvious difference - can you let them know I am very unhappy. Maybe they could send me a new crystal/cyclops and I could send them back the old one

InTime: I have showed them the picture but they said probably it is the angle of the picture, they insist they have only one kind of crystal. they don't offer free crystal replacement...Would you accept a $20 voucher code for next purchase?

Me: No i will not accept “$20”, it is obviously wrong. Here is another picture of my watch with the same angle:

ZWgwv.jpg

InTime: I can confirm the cyclops and crystal must be the same version. the factory only has updated the date wheel fonts, the cyclops and crystal is the same. the $20 voucher just a gift, I didn't mean the cyclops is wrong.

Me: How do you or ARF explain the huge difference then? The date window is too big? The crystal is set away from the dial too much therefore increasing the magnifiying affect?

InTime: to be honest, I really think that is camera angle issue.

Me: I can take it from 100 angles and I promise it will be the same. Tell me the distance that you took the picture of the other guys watch and I will replicate the distance and angle

I have heard no more from InTime

Last edited:

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
The watch looks fine. It's the camera angle.
Other's people belonging is always nicer. You've got a buyer's remorse bug.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
InTime sent me the ARF QC pictures - the dial shot looked fine in isolation, so I OK'd it and they sent it:

ZWV38.jpg

But then I saw someone else's InTime QC pictures of the exact same ARF V3:

ZWcyK.jpg

Notice the different cyclops magnification?

Here are the emails that followed:

Me: Dear Sir, I am concerned that the watch I received was not an ARF V3 but an ARF V2 as the magnification on the cyclops is too strong.

InTime: the V2 has been stopped production for a very long time, they only have V3 now.

Me: OK, but I am just not happy with the magnification - somebody else posted their QC pictures of the exact same watch from you and the magnification was nothing like mine. [I attached the photos above]

InTime: Did you mean the datewheel or the cyclops? the cyclops must be the same.

Me: I believe the cyclop is over magnifying the size of the datewheel aperture.

InTime: I have asked the maker but they said they have only one kind of cyclops and crystal...

Me: Thank you for asking - did you show them the pictures below - they must see there is an obvious difference - can you let them know I am very unhappy. Maybe they could send me a new crystal/cyclops and I could send them back the old one

InTime: I have showed them the picture but they said probably it is the angle of the picture, they insist they have only one kind of crystal. they don't offer free crystal replacement...Would you accept a $20 voucher code for next purchase?

Me: No i will not accept “$20”, it is obviously wrong. Here is another picture of my watch with the same angle:

ZWgwv.jpg

InTime: I can confirm the cyclops and crystal must be the same version. the factory only has updated the date wheel fonts, the cyclops and crystal is the same. the $20 voucher just a gift, I didn't mean the cyclops is wrong.

Me: How do you or ARF explain the huge difference then? The date window is too big? The crystal is set away from the dial too much therefore increasing the magnifiying affect?

InTime: to be honest, I really think that is camera angle issue.

Me: I can take it from 100 angles and I promise it will be the same. Tell me the distance that you took the picture of the other guys watch and I will replicate the distance and angle

I have heard no more from InTime

I'm not the least bit surprised.

Have a safe trip back to Reddit.

DavidModic

13/9/15
EU
So, you are saying that date numbers in general, but also in your example, 20 specifically, appears to be different sizes? You do know, right, that the date window does not change in size, daily? Therefore, since number 20 is wider than 16, to get it into the date window it needs to be smaller on the date wheel, to retain proportions. Did you compare the same numbers between two watches?

Last edited:

Asmodeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/4/15
I'm not the least bit surprised.

Have a safe trip back to Reddit.

You're so mean, lol, I just died.

To OP:

The magnification varies on all watches slightly you might have picked 2 samples from each end. The gasket may not be as much pressed on yours or the tolerances being a bit different. Nothing bad. Enjoy your watch :)

Reactions: dayouri and Raddave

Knoidegdun

Horology Curious
10/10/19
What? I'm new to this as well and even I can tell this is a bullshit complaint. Firstly, you approved the QC. Its not the TDs fault at all after that. Secondly, wtf are you on about? Date window magnification? Sheesh. These are FAKE watches.

InTime was crazy nice to offer you that $20 for your whining.

Reactions: Tucker

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
calneva The "exact same" watch? Are you saying IT have used a stock photo and if so how can the mag be different?

I curse the day bloody Replica Make invented the "QC pic", singularly the worst decision of a dealer, ever.

Reactions: Tucker

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I guess my eyesight is no good. I don't see anything to be whining about with the date magnification. It looks fine to me. I feel sorry for the dealers whenever I see such a useless rant... You do know they don't make the watches, only sell them . It's like bitching at the local car dealership because your car was delivered with a burnt out light bulb.

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
I guess my eyesight is no good. I don't see anything to be whining about with the date magnification. It looks fine to me. I feel sorry for the dealers whenever I see such a useless rant... You do know they don't make the watches, only sell them . It's like bitching at the local car dealership because your car was delivered with a burnt out light bulb.

WHY IS MY MAKEUP MIRROR LIGHT SO DIM? Why did you not install 30000 lumen 5500K bulbs?

Bigcity777

31/7/19
US / Closing deals
It's a stock un modded watch to begin with .. both crystals are crap in both photos compared to gen . And there's only about 2% of the population that will know the difference in cyclops magnification on the rolex sea dweller anyway. If you want perfection get a gen crystal if you can even find one for that model or then go the next best route and contact PROF and get one of his black hole Crystal's .. I remember when the ARF dj41 came out I ordered one from a non trusted dealer and didnt go through my QC photos with a fine tooth comb and when I received it I realized that there was two dots instead of the solid line under the crown logo on the winding crown . So what did I do I just laughed as it was MY fault for not checking my QC photos good enough and then I ordered a GENUINE crown and tube assembly and sent it to my watch maker and now that part is now perfect..

:drinks_cheers:

Last edited: