• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

April 24 I ordered and payed a Noob v8 GMT from ryan and now he tells me that it is out of stock :(

Mattx

Horology Curious
19/2/19
milano
I am very sad that this happened to me but I am sure Ryan will reimburse me :(

After I get my money back I'll pull the trigger on the new ARF GMT CHS

I'll keep you updated ..

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
He will try and see if you can find another watch. Not sure how you paid but.sometimes.refunds are a loss process. The one thing to do is find a watch without being in a rush.

I rushed them once and got The worst set of watch that were literally falling apart in the watch winder. I have a shit load of watches,.mostly.from Ryan and he will.work to make you happy. Since they have your money they do try and convince you to buy with them. Not to be unexpected.

Last edited:

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
I'm pretty sure that the standard practice from dealers is to automatically answer watch is in stock, please pay, once paid for then they actually order the watch without checking previously whether it is available or not, it can be very frustrating and sort of make a mockery of the advice "email to check availability before ordering"
however if they're receiving dozens of enquiries a day it's kinda understandable that they could be spending most of the time doing this with a high percentage of timewasters without actually making any sales

Mattx

Horology Curious
19/2/19
milano
Not sure how you paid but.sometimes.refunds are a loss process
I paid by Mastecard so it is a simple credit back
however if they're receiving dozens of enquiries a day it's kinda understandable that they could be spending most of the time doing this with a high percentage of timewasters without actually making any sales
I sent an email personally to Ryan to his address and another one to the general one: both confirmed stock availability

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
I paid by Mastecard so it is a simple credit back

youll soon learn that regardless of the payment method nothing is simple when it comes to dealing with Chinese companies especially in this hobby

I sent an email personally to Ryan to his address and another one to the general one: both confirmed stock availability

Doesnt matter who you message, I stand by my statement

Wraithier

19/6/16
I'm pretty sure that the standard practice from dealers is to automatically answer watch is in stock, please pay, once paid for then they actually order the watch without checking previously whether it is available or not, it can be very frustrating and sort of make a mockery of the advice "email to check availability before ordering"
however if they're receiving dozens of enquiries a day it's kinda understandable that they could be spending most of the time doing this with a highest percentage of timewasters without actually making any sales

It’s not standard practice for InTime or any other TD I’ve used to just tell you something is in stock. Ryan has told me many times watches aren’t available or will be a wait. Sometimes when they check there may only be a few which wind up being sold before you complete your order. It’s happened to me a few times just be patient or pick out something else.

Xabo

Known Member
27/3/19
Germany
Can you please keep us informed how the refund worked and if everything went well?

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
It’s not standard practice for InTime or any other TD I’ve used to just tell you something is in stock. Ryan has told me many times watches aren’t available or will be a wait. Sometimes when they check there may only be a few which wind up being sold before you complete your order. It’s happened to me a few times just be patient or pick out something else.

Thats not my experience and I won't be convinced otherwise

Mattx

Horology Curious
19/2/19
milano
Many people here have no faith in Ryan ... big mistake!
"The credit card refund has been initiated, thank you! You can expect to receive it within 3-4 weeks due to the international nature of the transfer"

I was so sure about the correctness of InTime :)

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Many people here have no faith in Ryan ... big mistake!
"The credit card refund has been initiated, thank you! You can expect to receive it within 3-4 weeks due to the international nature of the transfer"

I was so sure about the correctness of InTime :)

its not about having faith in Ryan or any dealer here, I've bought from him many times and have and would recommend them to anyone, it's the reality of having financial dealings with a Chinese company trading in an illegal underground goods, it's not the dealers it's the financial institutions when having to deal with them,
ask yourself this why when making a payment it should go through in 1-2 days but takes 3-4weeks to get a refund, please report back when you get the refund and let us know how much you get back, hope it all goes well

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
As spitfire63 said, it's not the TDs you need to worry about, it's the CC processing companies. Expect them to take a chunk out of your cash for the effort of passing it back and forth between you and the TD. Hopefully not, but don't be surprised if that happens.