• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First time buyer - DHL won't ship?

dharmachic

Looking Around
17/12/18
Hello everyone, I ordered a Breitling from Ryan which was supposedly shipped through DHL on April 17 after I approved the QC images. I received a tracking number and was scheduled to be delivered to my California address in 3 days.

Then I received an email from Ryan saying that DHL refused to deliver to my address which is strange since I have never had issues before. I offered my work address but he said they refused that too. I'm not sure why they are having DHL problems. I even asked if they could send via EMS. This watch is for my bf's anniversary and it's very important.

I did place a vacation hold since I am out of the country and won't be back until April 25. I have done that before and had no issues with DHL.

​Any advice?

dharmachic

Ozzy883

Horology Curious
10/9/17
I know they wont deliver to APO, PO boxes, etc. Assuming theyve delivered there before, I'd honestly just have em drop it off at a DHL center and pick it up rather than spend the days trying to figure out why. They still need an address for customs...but theyll deliver to their center for sure. not sure if Intime can do this, but ive done it with other stuff when they gave me crap about "not recognizing my address"

rys

Horology Curious
23/11/17
I've had this occur in New York. DHL service here is sometimes hit and miss and it comes down to which courier is assigned the package. Some DHL couriers here will say they cannot deliver and what they really mean is they don't want to deliver for some reason. (Bad weather, too busy, too far on a particular day, etc.)

If you are on a time constraint I'd agree with Ozzy and ask to pick it up at the DHL hub instead.

dharmachic

Looking Around
17/12/18
Thanks for the suggestions. I've emailed Ryan if he can drop it off at the DHL service point hub in Los Angeles, and I can pick it up.

dharmachic

Looking Around
17/12/18
Ryan just refunded me my funds, so I guess I'll have to find another dealer.

Thanks everyone for your help.

TheTaskbarSociety

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
11/5/19
Hello everyone, I ordered a Breitling from Ryan which was supposedly shipped through DHL on April 17 after I approved the QC images. I received a tracking number and was scheduled to be delivered to my California address in 3 days.

Then I received an email from Ryan saying that DHL refused to deliver to my address which is strange since I have never had issues before. I offered my work address but he said they refused that too. I'm not sure why they are having DHL problems. I even asked if they could send via EMS. This watch is for my bf's anniversary and it's very important.

I did place a vacation hold since I am out of the country and won't be back until April 25. I have done that before and had no issues with DHL.

​Any advice?

dharmachic

I'd pick it up at the hub. Sometimes DHL has problems that just make no sense