• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The slow grueling month of madness with InTime

CaptainSeamaster831

Horology Curious
23/8/18
Howdy fellow watch lovers,

wow where do I begin? I have had quite the experience with InTime and am at the least very dissatisfied.

It all started with my quest to get the best looking Omega seamaster 300M professional. after months of reading by reviews on this forum I decided to go with InTime because they seemed very reputable. I decided to email them February 17th about purchasing just the movement of the vsf Omega seamaster 300M professional. Ryan was quick to respond and stated that it would be $201 including shippingand he could get it to me pretty soon. I was very happy and decided to make the purchase, but this is where things went wrong. I was told to make a custom order in purchase through transferwise (the correspondence between back and forth between Ryan and I took about a week, a bit longer than I would have liked but I thought it isn't too bad he is busy and there is a large time difference). The transferwisepayment did not go through because they had reach their maximum amount of transfers for the month, so we switched to just using a credit card. This whole situation took about another week. after finally placing an order for just the movement I waited a week without receiving QC images or an email from anyone about the order. I enquired to ask about the QC images and didn't hear back for 3 days.

At this point I was getting irritated so I wanted to cancel the order and just order the vsf watch out right because the dealer situation with my case had fallen through. Ryan was quick to respond to my inquiry about changing the order to the whole watch and said he would send me the payment information through PayPal instructions. after this it took about half of a week just to get the payment to go through because of the correspondence it would take one to two days for Ryan to reply regarding my questions. well I may seem impatient I made it clear that I wanted to have the watch in stock and get it as soon as possible because I am moving soon in my address will be changing meaning that it would be more likely to get lost in the mail. Ryan assured me that it would get out as soon as possible so I sent him another $211 including fees. I paid this last week and ask when I should expect to receive QC images. I was referred to the QC department so I sent them an email which I received a response within 2 days. The response however, was not to my liking as he informed me that the watch was out of stock and would not be in stock for another 2 weeks.

at this point I am just upset because it is taking so long to get anything done with two to three day replies as well as confusing payment methods and me paying $415 for a $348 watch. I have asked for a refund and not heard back yet. Overall a disappointing experience.

After I received the refund I'll be purchasing the vsf seamaster from somewhere else.
​​​​​

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
You are new here with 3 posts and 1 is this rant....

Talk to a mod before blasting away on a TD in public, it might help

Reactions: DaleM

CaptainSeamaster831

Horology Curious
23/8/18
Understandable, I'm sorry wasn't sure of the procedure so I'm sorry for not talking to a mod before hand. I am new just thought I would give my honest review of the service. Many apologies I will delete the post if it is better that I talk to a mod about it instead?
​​​​​​

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
Understandable, I'm sorry wasn't sure of the procedure so I'm sorry for not talking to a mod before hand. I am new just thought I would give my honest review of the service. Many apologies I will delete the post if it is better that I talk to a mod about it instead?
​​​​​​

One of the first things I did when I started browsing the forms was read all the , "Read First" threads. I learned a lot but two things stand out.
1. Be patient
2. Resolve TD and member issues thru the mods.

I honestly think some people see these TDs as a fully staffed Wall Street business office.

Likely some guy coming home from his welding job, helping his kids with home work, doing normal father and husband things on top of trying to satisfy 100s of daily inquiries. Supply issues, shipping issues, stocks issues, staying off the radar of the police.

Reactions: CaptainSeamaster831

CaptainSeamaster831

Horology Curious
23/8/18
I have ourchased from other TDs before so I understand that they can't get back right away and that it isn't an Amazon like business, but I was a bit frustrated with how it was handled. Understandable though thanks for the information.
​​​​​​