• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Time Buyer-Pair of Omega Reps

Rico3

Looking Around
27/2/19
Greetings, thought I’d chronicle my buying experience, since reading others has been fun while I wait for my own to come through.

I ordered a pair of Omega Reps. One Planet Ocean Skyfall LE(Which looks gorgeous by all accounts) and an OMF Seamaster(something to take the place of my gen while traveling abroad)

CC payment Posted on 2/24

appears to have been a slight delay getting the watches out due to the Skyfall PO not being in stock but Ryan and the QC department have done a good job communicating. I’ve read enough threads to know patience is key. Let this serve as a reminder to other potential first time buyers. Email your TD prior to ordering to prevent unneeded anxiety.

Reactions: Sdent135

Rico3

Looking Around
27/2/19
3/11 finally got QC photos on one of the watches and got notified the other one should be in stock by the end of the week. Pics look good, couldn’t distinguish it from my gen based on pics alone. Getting giddy.

Rico3

Looking Around
27/2/19
3/16 Finally sourced the Skyfall CrPO only to find out something is wrong with the movement. Better to find these things out now then after they’ve shipped though. Back to waiting :(

Rico3

Looking Around
27/2/19
3/20 Final QC pics and timegrapher have been approved. Everything looks great. Going to post pics once they get here.

Rico3

Looking Around
27/2/19
3/21 Order shipped according to the intime record. Got a tracking number but hasn’t gone passed “Shipment Information Recieved”. Sincerely hoping it arrives before 3/28 as I’ll be away for a week ????

peniwan

Known Member
28/2/19
Switzerland
Think it‘s possible that it will arrive till 28th. Can you see any infos with the tracking nr on 17track.net?

Rico3

Looking Around
27/2/19
Think it‘s possible that it will arrive till 28th. Can you see any infos with the tracking nr on 17track.net?

Yeah it’s through DHL and has just said “Shipping Info Recieved” since i got the tracking number a few days ago.

Rico3

Looking Around
27/2/19
So there was a five day difference between when they told me it shipped and when the package was actually given to DHL. After spending nearly $100 on shipping that’s pretty disappointing, as it typically points to a poor choice in local courier.

Rico3

Looking Around
27/2/19
Well, recieved both watches today. Both look great, however it looks like the rotor on the Skyfall is stuck so the watch won’t wind automatically. Can still hand wind and the movement seems to work well. However took it a local jeweler and they couldn’t seem to resize the bracelet because the pins were such poor quality they kept getting stripped instead of coming out. Going to see if I can get this fixed locally and if I can’t, going to have to send it back to Ryan. Anybody got any experience with this?

Rico3

Looking Around
27/2/19
I promised you all some pictures I belive. Not the best quality, taken with my phone and in kind of a hurry
U0ZOMJG

Overall the experience was good, Ryan and his QC team were very communicative. Sucks I had issues with the PO, but thanks to an RWI watchsmith, I avoided having to send it back, though I spent a little more money.

Last edited: