• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

And another first time buyer (Rolex Submariner Noob v9 or VRF?)

fsucrzy

17/5/18
Texas, USA
Any updates with the movement?
want to buy the submarine noob v9 but still don‘t know if i should pick the A2836 or the SA3135. Somebody out there with some experience?

I’d suggest the A2824. More reliable movement, doesn’t have to be serviced right out of the box and without opening your case, no one will ever know.

Sent from the RWI App

sergiofp94

11/2/19
Spain
I’d suggest the A2824. More reliable movement, doesn’t have to be serviced right out of the box and without opening your case, no one will ever know.

Sent from the RWI App

A2824 movement is a good option for reliability reassons, but you have to know that it will not look like the real thing. Crown "alignment" is wrong, and anyone knowing the submariner a little bit will notice right away. Notice the crown is not centered with the CG, it sits bellow the center, while i the SA3135 is perfect as the gen.

A2824:
pre-order-submariner-116610-lv-green-ceramic-904l-v9-noob-1-1-best-edition-green-dial-on-a2836.jpg

SA3135.
pre-order-submariner-116610-ln-black-ceramic-904l-v9-noob-1-1-best-edition-black-dial-on-sa3135.jpg

PS: I haven't serviced my SA3135 and works perfect. It does not have to be serviced right away, don't be so dramatic lol. Best would be swapping it for a Y3135, which I will very soon and let you know guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Auggiedog

Dannycany

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/7/17
If price doesn’t matter to you and you want a fantastic looking watch then why don’t you go for the real thing?

Sent from the RWI App

Haha, sorry for not being clear. I mean clone price... I see that most go up to £500 and that is ok for me. £8000 for the real thing is out of my league.

Thank you for your pointless reply!!

Sent from the RWI App

sergiofp94

11/2/19
Spain
Haha, sorry for not being clear. I mean clone price... I see that most go up to £500 and that is ok for me. £8000 for the real thing is out of my league.

Thank you for your pointless reply!!

Sent from the RWI App

Then I recommend going for the Noob brand (best to mod in my opinion) and install gen parts. Sky is the limit in terms of price when talking about gen parts. I don’t really know much about other rep brands, so I invite you to read a lot before buying, just for fun and to use your money the best way possible.

The problem about genuine watches for me is not the price but the waiting list, I have to wait for months, in the meantime I’ll enjoy my rep.

Sent from the RWI App

Yorgle

Horology Curious
1/6/18
A2824 movement is a good option for reliability reassons, but you have to know that it will not look like the real thing. Crown "alignment" is wrong, and anyone knowing the submariner a little bit will notice right away. Notice the crown is not centered with the CG, it sits bellow the center, while i the SA3135 is perfect as the gen.

A2824:
pre-order-submariner-116610-lv-green-ceramic-904l-v9-noob-1-1-best-edition-green-dial-on-a2836.jpg

SA3135.
pre-order-submariner-116610-ln-black-ceramic-904l-v9-noob-1-1-best-edition-black-dial-on-sa3135.jpg

PS: I haven't serviced my SA3135 and works perfect. It does not have to be serviced right away, don't be so dramatic lol. Best would be swapping it for a Y3135, which I will very soon and let you know guys.

No one is going to notice the difference in the crown position of a 2824 based 116610. The only way someone would possibly notice that is if they were very knowledgeable, and inspected the watch off of your wrist.

sergiofp94

11/2/19
Spain
No one is going to notice the difference in the crown position of a 2824 based 116610. The only way someone would possibly notice that is if they were very knowledgeable, and inspected the watch off of your wrist.

I do, in a daily basis actually (1 out of 5 or 6 subs I see in the airports are 2824 reps). It becomes very obvious once you are used to the real sub (or a 3135 rep version). I can guarantee, 99% of people interested in watches and that actually have a real sub will notice the 2824 is a rep. Of course, if someone is not interested into watches will not notice, but this person will not notice you are wearing a watch either lol.

Jtnz18

Horology Curious
18/3/19
Looking to make my second Rep purchase. Has anyone ever had any luck with making a purchase on DHGate? I'm looking at a V9 Swiss 2824 movement Submariner with 904L steel all around. Verified Seller is asking $850. I'm specifically looking at this 2824 movement as I believe it is the easiest to keep serviced as I intend to keep this watch for a very long time. All input is highly appreciated as this is my very first post on here. Thank you all.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Looking to make my second Rep purchase. Has anyone ever had any luck with making a purchase on DHGate? I'm looking at a V9 Swiss 2824 movement Submariner with 904L steel all around. Verified Seller is asking $850. I'm specifically looking at this 2824 movement as I believe it is the easiest to keep serviced as I intend to keep this watch for a very long time. All input is highly appreciated as this is my very first post on here. Thank you all.
Ask BK, he is a TD here and he do Swiss movements

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
I do, in a daily basis actually (1 out of 5 or 6 subs I see in the airports are 2824 reps). It becomes very obvious once you are used to the real sub (or a 3135 rep version). I can guarantee, 99% of people interested in watches and that actually have a real sub will notice the 2824 is a rep. Of course, if someone is not interested into watches will not notice, but this person will not notice you are wearing a watch either lol.
So the flush lugs and incorrect case shape (look at the right side of the case) of your noob v9 are better? Alone on the bezel I can spot any noob version because the color of the insert numbers look nothing like gen.

They are reps that's it don't make something special out of it the v9 has atleast so much flaws like the ARF version and even more problems because the bezel is not good and the magnification also has no black hole effect (the ARF has).

Don't want to bash the noob v9 but they are so much easy tells you don't need to look at the crown to see it's fake.

sergiofp94

11/2/19
Spain
So the flush lugs and incorrect case shape (look at the right side of the case) of your noob v9 are better? Alone on the bezel I can spot any noob version because the color of the insert numbers look nothing like gen.

They are reps that's it don't make something special out of it the v9 has atleast so much flaws like the ARF version and even more problems because the bezel is not good and the magnification also has no black hole effect (the ARF has).

Don't want to bash the noob v9 but they are so much easy tells you don't need to look at the crown to see it's fake.

We are not talking about the bezel inserts but the shape of the Noob case in each version of the movement. If a bezel looks crappy you can always change it, but the case...

Sent from the RWI App

Anakey

Known Member
25/8/15
Great review Sergio!

Ryan is the best TD I’ve used, good to hear you had an awesome first purchase.

Did you swap out the movement yet, and if so, notice much difference? I’ll be picking up a Noob V9 LV soon but I think I’ll keep the SA3135, so I’m curious on your experience with it there.

sergiofp94

11/2/19
Spain
Great review Sergio!

Ryan is the best TD I’ve used, good to hear you had an awesome first purchase.

Did you swap out the movement yet, and if so, notice much difference? I’ll be picking up a Noob V9 LV soon but I think I’ll keep the SA3135, so I’m curious on your experience with it there.

Hello and thanks!

I bought a Yuki 3135 form another user. Last week I sent my watch and the new movement to another watchsmith user for service and instal, so in a couple of weeks I'll have it back. I'll let you know more asap.

Anakey

Known Member
25/8/15
Hello and thanks!

I bought a Yuki 3135 form another user. Last week I sent my watch and the new movement to another watchsmith user for service and instal, so in a couple of weeks I'll have it back. I'll let you know more asap.

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing how you find it :)

Darkknight2019

Horology Curious
10/3/19
Hi guys I am new on this forum. I was stuck between VRF Max and V9. I got told the VRF Max is good if youre not into mod. And the bracelet plus the insert is better than noob V9. Please correct me if I am wrong sergiofp94

sergiofp94

11/2/19
Spain

Hello Tigerdragon, I just bought an ARF submariner with an A2824 (https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ew-purchaser-experience-pics-advice-for-noobs), from my point of view (and this is MY point of view, not the truth) the Noob is a bit better in therms of perceived quality. Of course, this is a very subjective matter, but it is what I think.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Because the new ARF batch with the new cases are pretty much crap like i said in the ARF thread. ARF/JF goes down the hill at the moment with mixxed parts and other shit.