• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC department is kind of rude and doesn't do a good job

bootlegboy

Renowned Member
14/6/18
So I ordered twice from InTime. First time I got a BLNR GMT MASTER II. I went in fully aware of the line between the 6 and 18 bezel marker. However, I'd thought I'd try my luck in finding one that doesn't have a line that's that bad. But the QC department was straight up rude and telling me, "sorry my English is bad. I don't understand." But two emails before that, he / she replied me in perfect English sentences. So what's the deal?

Cool. Fas forward two weeks. I got a MKF Seamaster 300 and QC photos were sent to me real quick. Again, I went in knowing about the Jewets issue and the bezel play issue. However, some members here have reported that they don't have such issues. So I made it a point to myself to ask the TD to get one for me that doesn't have the bezel play issue. To my glorious surprise, the damn QC person said,

"We just provide some videos to comfirm some 21600 Vph watches to confirm if the second hand working smooth.Others,we never provide video service.

Best Regards,"

Also, does this not prove that the QC department actually speaks and types proper English?? And is the QC department not in charge of QC? I only wanted to find out if my watch had the stupid bezel play issue and now I'm going to receive a watch that I don't know if it has the issue or not.

For me, based on these two Experiences, I will not be returning to InTime for my future purchases. I was gonna get an ARF Explorer 1 after the new year's but seems like it will not be the case.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
So with the BLNR you were going to reject the watches until you find one with an acceptable insert with a minimal line between the 6 and 18 markers? With the Seamaster you requested a video so you could check bezel play?
remix2040

Last edited:

reptime101

15/9/18
Instead of playing QC slot machine, you should have spoke up before they sourced the watch regarding what specifics you were looking for? just a suggestion

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Ok, so you order two watches with known flaws hoping you luck out and get one without the flaws present and are upset about the level of communication? you do realize that you probably are not always receiving replies from the same person and their English abilities can vary, right? It's a large organization with multiple people involved.

As far as your watch selection, the best option with the BNLR is to have a paint mod done to improve the color variation, a gen insert is rare and will cost upwards of $2k. Please don't tell me you bought a CHS movement. If so then read up on how to safely use it and never adjust the hours hand anticlockwise. The Omega, while I'm glad they sent you a video, I would not get upset if it develops a studder as it breaks in. It's a design issue with the 8215 and one of the reasons I will not buy a rep with this movement. The bezel play they probably honestly didn't understand the issue you referred to.

tenor196e66814e33acec.gif

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Instead of playing QC slot machine, you should have spoke up before they sourced the watch regarding what specifics you were looking for? just a suggestion

He is searching for a unicorn. The BNLR all have that color variation through the 6. Paint mod is only fix. The miyota 8215 is an indirect drive seconds hand and the seconds hand studder is due to play in the gears. There is no fix beyond swapping out the movement if it develops. This is similar to the studder you would see in a modified 7750 with seconds at 6 or 12 caused by the gear train moving the subdial placement.

Seamaster3459

28/11/18
Blnr is a tough one, for sure. Sorry your QC experience was rough. Honestly, I barely notice the lines on mine - the more glaring error is the depth of numeral engraving and and dark platinum paint color. Blue color isn’t bad but just difficult to replicate.

bootlegboy

Renowned Member
14/6/18
I'm new here and to the rep market. I have bought a few reps but never specifically gone through the QC stage like this. Yes I was trying my luck until i got one that wasn't that obvious. Yes I would be doing the paint mod down the line. Thank you for the suggestion. I'll keep that in mind.

And no, I bought the ICHS version. As for the Omega, they never sent me the video showing me the bezel play. As I said before, I am receiving it regardless if it has the bezel play or not. I'd just like to have one that doesn't.

Maybe I am too meticulous about these QC stuff because I read on the good and bad stories of QCs for these reps.

And I have the gen BLNR but not the Omega. I was going to compare them together.

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
You should reject all these QCs until they provide you with a gen!

Reactions: DT007

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
These intime folks are below par, true. I have ordered say 8 from them over time, and none have been a gen or better than the gen :mad:

But, what to do? I will still order from them as 1st preference, unless you instruct me of a better option.