• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Received non-working Richard Mille 11-03

1919A6

Horology Curious
22/6/17
This replica is gorgeous but doesn't keep time. The second hand sticks at the 7 o'clock position. It was sent to me in this non-working condition. The packaging was not damaged, which leads me to believe that there is either no quality control as to whether or not the watch functions, or they do not care, They have offered to take a look at the watch if I ship it back to them at my risk and cost.
How disappointing!! Does anyone know who may work on this replica in the Tampa/St. Petersburg, Florida area?
For $700 I would expect more.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
First of all welcome to RWI (i suppose you were lurking around as you have only 5 posts and are member since 2017)

I hope you have read the new members area before you ordered a watch from china.

If you did you will know that those reps are counterfeit products and not the real deal - what includes the service to be a bit different than on amazon or ebay.

So you have to deal with some circumstances that are not there when you buy legal things on the previous named platforms.

Ryan is not responsible for the watch itself as he is the seller not the manufacturer. I understand what you said about lacking quality control but you were given QC pics, right? And also a picture on the Time grapher, right? Did you mention anything wrong with the amplitude or the difference in seconds per day?

anyways - you expected a fully functional watch, yes. But Ryan cannot control the shipping and how the parcels were dropped and kicked around (even if it is not obviously damaged)

The watch you bought there is an illegal product that is not manufactured under the same setting like the bigger swiss idols - so you cannot expect something like this.

alright - so much said, now to the point: he offered you to fix your watch but says that you have to deal with the risk of the watch getting seized - yeah and that is the difference and you would know that risk if you would have been reading every information for new members and about the whole rep business.

My recommendation: don't send it back, you issue sounds so minor that a local watch smith will be easily abled to fix the problem for a few bucks. So i would say there is no real need for an unthinkingly thread like this.

hope that helped a bit.

Reactions: domiffm

domiffm

no, I have nothing for sale
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
First of all welcome to RWI (i suppose you were lurking around as you have only 5 posts and are member since 2017)

I hope you have read the new members area before you ordered a watch from china.

If you did you will know that those reps are counterfeit products and not the real deal - what includes the service to be a bit different than on amazon or ebay.

So you have to deal with some circumstances that are not there when you buy legal things on the previous named platforms.

Ryan is not responsible for the watch itself as he is the seller not the manufacturer. I understand what you said about lacking quality control but you were given QC pics, right? And also a picture on the Time grapher, right? Did you mention anything wrong with the amplitude or the difference in seconds per day?

anyways - you expected a fully functional watch, yes. But Ryan cannot control the shipping and how the parcels were dropped and kicked around (even if it is not obviously damaged)

The watch you bought there is an illegal product that is not manufactured under the same setting like the bigger swiss idols - so you cannot expect something like this.

alright - so much said, now to the point: he offered you to fix your watch but says that you have to deal with the risk of the watch getting seized - yeah and that is the difference and you would know that risk if you would have been reading every information for new members and about the whole rep business.

My recommendation: don't send it back, you issue sounds so minor that a local watch smith will be easily abled to fix the problem for a few bucks. So i would say there is no real need for an unthinkingly thread like this.

hope that helped a bit.

^^
absolutely this. nothing to add

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Oh i see your first post was about a Puretime bashing. Nice - so i assume you still haven't done your reading through the forum.

I would really recommend to read. And also use the search bar - it will be your best friend over here as it will help you to find a rep friendly watch smith in your area ;)

1919A6

Horology Curious
22/6/17
Thank you all for your insights. I understand these are illegal products. But for the money spent, I would expect a working product, and I would assume other members of this forum would like to know what to expect.
It is really beautiful and I woukl like to own a few more, but I would like WORKING models. If this is too much to expect. So be it.
I'm not trashing Ryan at all. Just stating my experience and facts.
If the mods don't want this kind of feedback, they can of course delete the thread.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
1919A6 couple of things. One, it's my guess that the hand is barely touching the crystal causing this issue. You could open the watch and loosing the movement,of if it keeps running and doesn't stop then this is the issue. You can try sightly repositioning the movement or less preferred, slightly bending the hand. Watchsmith in CONUS which are rep friendly include vac (also in Florida), Katt, strodda, misiekiped, 2fake4u. Any can help you sort it locally and thus is the preferred choice as return shipping lacks customs protection both directions.