• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hubolt Big Bang Ice - Mini Review

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
As a newbie in this forum, I want to introduce myself with a little "review" of a Hublot-Rep, that seems to be not so common here. It´s a Rep of the Hublot Big Bang Ice (aka Ice Bang II) Ref. 301.CK.1140.RX. I bought it in January from Joshua at Perfect Clones (not a TD) for 378 US$ and two weeks later it arrived at my home in Germany.

The watch is made of Ceranium and has a Titanium bezel. The inner housing is made of steel though. Allthoug the materials are supposed to be a little bit ligther, the whole watch has a decent weight, but is nice to wear. Because of the clever design of the lugs the watch is quite comfortable, even if you a medium size wrist like me (17,5cm). The only disadvantage is the rubber-strap. Here you have the choice between to lesser evil. Either you wear the strap tight, than the quite cheap and sharp clasp leave marks on your inner wrist. Or you wear the strap a little bit loose, than the whole watch doesn´t fit comfortable, because the rubber strap is quite stiff. My solution was to deburr the clasp with fine sandpaper (see pictures). It´s ok now, but I think, I´m gonna buy a better after market strap soon ;-)

Now the techincal features: Inside works a solid 7750-Movement. The rotor is a little bit noisy, but it must be very quite around you to hear it. The movement itself works very good but you can notice a slight difference in the accuracy, depending of the position - it´s +10s/d with bottom up and -3s/d with bottom down. On the wrist or the watch mover it´s a nearly perfect +2s/d.

For me the build quality seems (beside strap and clasp) to be very good. But I´m neather an expert nor have ever had the Gen in my hands. Compared with the pictures of the Gen the Dial-Markings (3, 6 and 9 o´clock) seems to be a little bit to light - but that´s very hard to say, becaus the whole dial is tone in tone and very much depends on the viewing angle and the light conditions. Because the watch has no lume (like the Gen too), it´s not easy to read in a dark surrounding.

I like the neutral grey and black tones of the watch. For me it´s a very subtle and versatile watch, matching perfect to a dark outfit (i like dark outfits ;-)). So the Hublot will definately have some wrist-time ... escapally when the lockdown is over and the pubs and clubs will open again.

Hope you like my Mini-Review. When I searched for this special Rep, I couldn´t find much info about it. It´s definately worth a closer look, if you like the design. And here are the photos ...

altaylar1

Known Member
23/9/20
Thank you for the review, it looks very good.

I was also looking for this watch, but finding v6.5 was impossible. A probationary TD here told me that they could find it, but the watch they sent for QC was more a dhgate cheapie, so I rejected.
Do you know about the factory of your watch? It is very interesting that your bezel seems to have the right number of teeth, whereas even the best icebangs in the recent past seem to have it wrong

Reactions: JayBee0815

altaylar1

Known Member
23/9/20
It is a beauty regardless.
Btw I was not sure if I should bring this up or not, but it has a little tell on the dial, the indices at 6 and 9 placed tangent to the dial, rather than perpendicular. Does not take anything away from the amazing looks though

Reactions: JayBee0815

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
It is a beauty regardless.
Btw I was not sure if I should bring this up or not, but it has a little tell on the dial, the indices at 6 and 9 placed tangent to the dial, rather than perpendicular. Does not take anything away from the amazing looks though
Yes, that's a flaw.

Gesendet von meinem BV9900Pro mit Tapatalk