• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My first mod

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
Ok, so it's lame easy. The NWBIG 6.5 SS big bang has a few flaws. One I noticed that was an easy fix. The side of the ss bezel should be polished. It comes brushed. So, removed bezel, pulled out my dremel tool and polished it up. It's not totally "Fixed" as you can see with the close up, but at arms length, close enough! This is my second such watch. The first stopped ticking and I gave it to a fellow RWI brother in France while visiting. Even this one has a few "Miles" on it. One of my favorites...

Reactions: JayBee0815

altaylar1

Known Member
23/9/20
I am quite surprised, this model in rep is so highly regarded that I would not expect such flaw at all

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
Some of those found in the NWBIG have some pretty obvious flaws. IMO..... Example, any Omega, Breitling or IWC found there should have double anti reflective crystal added, because the gens do.

altaylar1

Known Member
23/9/20
Good points, I guess we should really not rely on that list too much.

cf-blue

Known Member
21/3/21
Ok, so it's lame easy. The NWBIG 6.5 SS big bang has a few flaws. One I noticed that was an easy fix. The side of the ss bezel should be polished. It comes brushed. So, removed bezel, pulled out my dremel tool and polished it up. It's not totally "Fixed" as you can see with the close up, but at arms length, close enough! This is my second such watch. The first stopped ticking and I gave it to a fellow RWI brother in France while visiting. Even this one has a few "Miles" on it. One of my favorites...
I bought a ceramic bezel and would like to replace the steel bezel with it. My question is: is it easy to remove the screws? And after installing the new bezel will I need to use something to be sure they don't unscrew?

I bought a few replacement screws in case I damage them so this is not a concern to me. I will probably replace the band too as I have a rubber and leather strap with red stitching.

Inviato dal mio SM-T719 utilizzando Tapatalk

cf-blue

Known Member
21/3/21
Than you. I have the tool and the screws on their way, I'll post the outcome when done.

Inviato dal mio SM-T719 utilizzando Tapatalk