• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best Classic Fusion on a Rubber Strap?

sandman42

Horology Curious
29/6/20
Hi everyone,

I am looking to get my dad a Hublot Classic Fusion 42mm on a Rubber Strap and have a few questions for the experts!

1. Is the best version of the rep made on a leather strap at this time?
2. Would it be better to buy it on a leather strap and then buy the gen rubber strap from Hublot.com for $230?
3. Is there a good blue dial version or is it only good on a black dial?
4. Is there a good version already on a good strap?

I have looked through the threads and it seems like JJF has a good mod but is this the best factory for this?

Thank you in advance for helping me make this decision for this important gift!

altaylar1

Known Member
23/9/20
I am not an expert really, but I had spent quite a bit of time on the forum, reading thousands of messages. What I understood is, the watch itself is quite close to the gen, but the strap is not. But then, most of the straps on reps are sort of poor quality, and basically the first things to be replaced with the gen. So if you want gen like strap, you need to go for the gen itself.

Best reps are on leather, thats correct. If you want to for a rubber, I think it's best to buy it gen. I have ordered my blue cf, has not arrived yet but when it does, I am looking to get a gen rubber.
Good luck

Blackcalf

Known Member
5/6/17
Madrid
Hi
Can you tell me please if the mix rubber /leather strap from JJF factory 42mm will fit well in Gen watch?

Enviado desde mi LIO-L29 mediante Tapatalk

altaylar1

Known Member
23/9/20
Hi
Can you tell me please if the mix rubber /leather strap from JJF factory 42mm will fit well in Gen watch?

Enviado desde mi LIO-L29 mediante Tapatalk

I havent tried that, so not completely sure. But I have been reading people buying the rep and replacing the strap with gen, so I am pretty sure that should be possible to use the rep strap on the gen as well.

But be aware that there are a lot of complaints on the rep bracelet. Some of the people on the forum replaced it completely with a gen one, some just kept the rubber on the strap, and changed the leather above it

logan37eb

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/11/20
Anything other than a steel bracelet is usually quite hard to replicate as they are expensive rubbers with complex formation and the factories aren't willing to put that much development into it.