• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hublot Big Bang V6.5 Ceramic or SS

Rickster1978

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/16
So I’m torn and turn to the fantastic members of this community to assist.

I’ve decided that a Big Bang will be my next watch. I see that the SS is listed in the list of Superreps but also see people mention the Ceramic one as another super rep.

I’ve messaged Ryan at InTime who has assured me that the bezel on the ceramic one has the correct number of teeth in comparison to the original but all original pics I’m seeing have less teeth. Has anyone bought one recently and can you assist.

Its now very much a toss up between these two. Where would your money go :)

https://www.intime05.co/hublot/2643...number-marker-dial-on-black-rubber-strap.html

or

https://www.intime05.co/hublot/954-...amic-bezel-ss-case-on-black-rubber-strap.html

Any assistance in narrowing down the choice would be greatly appreciated.

hibee999

20/10/15
Pick the one you like best, I prefer the ceramic myself.

You can always get an aftermarket bezel if your worried by the teeth

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
You easily switch the bezel like this:

​​​​​​
u6VF3.jpg

u8ZvD.jpg

u6g2s.jpg

u8D6Y.jpg

Big bang SS with ceramic bezel.

seagorilla

30/5/19
Where did you source the bezel swap?
is that an aftermarket xstal?

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
Where did you source the bezel swap?
is that an aftermarket xstal?

This one comes from my HBB RG. I've actually ordered two aftermarket bezels with correct 4.5 rows of teeth from Aliexpress. Haven't received them yet though.
​​​​​​
​​​​​​

Rickster1978

9/6/16
I’ve got my QC pics? I’m not sure if I’m ok to share them on the forum or not. Initial thoughts are all good but I would welcome a second opinion if it’s ok to post them

Rickster1978

9/6/16
Hi again
Double checked the rules and it seems ok for me to ask specific questions about QC pics so please can I get your opinion on the following. Should I be raising these with the TD or letting them go?

top pic

Is that a fairly obvious blemish on the steel or could it be a shadow or light? Should I ask

middle pic

The circled writing doesn’t seem straight? Am I being too picky?

bottom pic

the engraving on the clasp doesn’t look level to me. What’s your thoughts?

N3C6L.png
N3Xj8.png
N3PuR.png

Nensypower

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/7/20
I don’t know why, but I am indifferent to brands

Rickster1978

9/6/16
Any thoughts on the QC pics? Do you think I need to raise the points that I’ve mentioned or am I being overly picky?

Rickster1978

9/6/16
Thank you :) I thought I might be. Can’t wait to get it ordered. I’m got the 4.5 tooth bezel on my radar as well.

Taz71

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/6/16
Parts Unknown
Hi again
Double checked the rules and it seems ok for me to ask specific questions about QC pics so please can I get your opinion on the following. Should I be raising these with the TD or letting them go?

top pic

Is that a fairly obvious blemish on the steel or could it be a shadow or light? Should I ask

middle pic

The circled writing doesn’t seem straight? Am I being too picky?

bottom pic

the engraving on the clasp doesn’t look level to me. What’s your thoughts?

N3C6L.png
N3Xj8.png
N3PuR.png

These pictures are magnified, you would have never of noticed this stuff with the watch in hand.

logan37eb

12/11/20
Bezels are easily swappable with the screwdriver, don't sweat it. If you reach out to geektime, he may be able to let you buy bezels alone.