• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Introducing myself + Spirit of Big Bang

mchiech

Looking Around
11/6/20
Hello everyone,
i am following the forum for various months but i just decided to sign up. Mainly to be an active member and to bring some ideas / requests.
I am living in France. 40 years old now. So apologies if my english is poor from time to time.
I am a fan of watches. I started like many with a Rolex. Turn o graph, rose gold.Then i got bitten by the virus: being a watch addict, as i consider them almost the solely jewelery a man can wear with proud. I am not a big fan of rings or earings on mens for eg.

So my current collection is made of reals (not replica): rolex GMT Submariner black ceramic, Rolex Turn O Graph Rose Gold with red watch hands, Cartier Tank Francaise, Chopard Luc 1860 Yellow Gold, Rolex Classic Cellini White Gold, Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Grande Sun Moon.

I thought i would be interested only in genuine watches. But last year, i traveled to Philippines and i entered a store selling replicas. My eyes were wide opened when i visited this local market in Manila: i saw a window full of patek philippe, richard mille, audemars piguet, rolex daytona, hublot, Cartier, etc. Some watches that i could never afford if authentic, but here they were sold from 30 to 400 US dollars.
So i bought a Patek Philippe Nautilus that i brought back to France. First sight, it looks appealing: the box was there, it was heavy and we could see the automatic movement on the back, like the original one.

But To be fair, after a couple of weeks, i noted i bought a poor replica quality, despite being similar to the original one when looking from far and by not being a professional. I was disappointed as the automatic movement cannot keep the proper time: i had to re-set up the time every 4 hours otherwise it was getting 5 min ahead per hour. And the automatic movement used to stop if my wrist was not moving only after 2-3 hours.

I decided to make some research on how to buy high quality replicas and i found this forum. A lot are discussing big bang models. However, I am more interested in a watch that is rarely discussed in this forum: the spirit of big bang (that looks like Richard Mille, but still with Hublot DNA). I put below some photos.

Is anyone managed to get good Replicas of the Spirit Big Bang?
Have you experienced some issues?

Thanks and sorry for being a bit long.
4wh2P.png
4wHfJ.png
4w3lo.png
4wzWk.png

Last edited:

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
Trusty time had it with fake tourbillon

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

HG 2000

Supporter
22/7/20
I have seen a few of the forged carbon Tourbillon Spirit of Big Bangs, but none of the ones you pictured. I am also looking for the Blue/Titanium version. Only ones I can seem to find are the cheap versions from untrusted sites.

Ben_Stokes

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/4/20
I don't think there is a decent rep and I think it's unlikely there will be one, as these are skeletonised and reps rarely do a good job.

I'm in the same boat as you, I have looked at these watches in the Hublot boutique numerous times & have studied if any decent reps are available. I have even considered Frank Muller v45, some better reps exist or even going Gen with those. If you really like the Spirit line, I would say you can get 40-50% off the retail for secondhand, you may consider thinning out your collection. And nice Gen collection you have also! I mainly collect Gens as well, Cartier de Santos, Piaget polo 45, AP 15400 and a Rollie DJ41 in my collection.

HG 2000

Supporter
22/7/20
I don't think there is a decent rep and I think it's unlikely there will be one, as these are skeletonised and reps rarely do a good job.

I'm in the same boat as you, I have looked at these watches in the Hublot boutique numerous times & have studied if any decent reps are available. I have even considered Frank Muller v45, some better reps exist or even going Gen with those. If you really like the Spirit line, I would say you can get 40-50% off the retail for secondhand, you may consider thinning out your collection. And nice Gen collection you have also! I mainly collect Gens as well, Cartier de Santos, Piaget polo 45, AP 15400 and a Rollie DJ41 in my collection.

That’s a fair point. I have seen a few cheap reps and the skeletons look atrocious.
However, many have been able to make the RM work, but I guess there has to be enough demand for it.

I found a gen for 14, which isn’t terrible. I’m just concerned with where the real value will bottom out. That’s a big depreciation from new as is.

Ben_Stokes

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/4/20
That’s a fair point. I have seen a few cheap reps and the skeletons look atrocious.
However, many have been able to make the RM work, but I guess there has to be enough demand for it.

I found a gen for 14, which isn’t terrible. I’m just concerned with where the real value will bottom out. That’s a big depreciation from new as is.

What you could do is ask a dealer how much would he buy it for, if secondhand then you get a v good idea of the residual value if you decide to part with it. Not the main consideration when buying a watch you like but no one wants to be rinsed on the resale value. I would just pretend I've already got the watch rather than telling the full story