• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V6 Hublot Big Bang 2013 Ferrari Ceramic

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
Wow nice, that's the one I was hoping they'd do with the forged carbon bezel!

Same , can't wait to see wrist pics

BTW There are two variations of Carbon bezels made by V6 factory.... The checkered carbon bezel and this one (carbon with molten Titanium)... Which one of them?

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Same , can't wait to see wrist pics

BTW There are two variations of Carbon bezels made by V6 factory.... The checkered carbon bezel and this one (carbon with molten Titanium)... Which one of them?

I like the forged carbon version over the carbon fiber version. I was prepared to buy the carbon fiber bezel, but now that the forged version is out that's my jam. I think they could do a ton of variants of this specific model just like the older Big Bangs.

Reactions: Miguel Piguet

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
Ok.. hands down this will be my next purchase!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
The HD video on Puretime makes this new Ferrari model look quite impressive. Not all the gears are for show by the way, as some of the gears actually move.

https://puretimewatch.io/big-bang-f...eleton-dial-on-black-gummy-strap-hub1288.html

This is very valuable, thank you for sharing.

I haven't followed up about QC photos. When I asked JTime on 06/29, he said another two weeks, so I'll follow up on 07/15.

baba3.png

That nick that was present on the TS Watch photos is also present in the PureTime video. Anyway, to my eye, these are just some very apparent flaws I noticed. If they appear on my QC, I dunno. In the spirit of the rep game, I've only ever rejected one watch at QC. I was going to stay away from this watch, or at least order it from JTime who I trust to find a decent copy, but if you've read my previous post about TS Watch, you know my story.

baba.png

baba2.png

Reactions: Miguel Piguet

Rustknuckle

Horology Curious
10/8/18
My dealer mistakenly thought I wanted the carbon one and i ended up getting QC photos. Told him it was the ceramic I wanted and was told I might need to wait until late august for that one.

I will not post the QC photos of the carbon as I dont want to hurt my relationship with this dealer, but I will say there were massive workmanship errors in the one I got photos of. I call these errors workmanship errors as they are not the "woops, one slipped thru the QC cracks" type errors. They are the "Someone damaged this part and still decided to use the damaged part" type errors.

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
My dealer mistakenly thought I wanted the carbon one and i ended up getting QC photos. Told him it was the ceramic I wanted and was told I might need to wait until late august for that one.

I will not post the QC photos of the carbon as I dont want to hurt my relationship with this dealer, but I will say there were massive workmanship errors in the one I got photos of. I call these errors workmanship errors as they are not the "woops, one slipped thru the QC cracks" type errors. They are the "Someone damaged this part and still decided to use the damaged part" type errors.

The problem with so many bad QC of the HB Ferrari's is because there is hardly any proper quality control, the target is just to produce a certain amount of pieces in the shortest time possible also as cost effective as possible also not under the best conditions. Which is one of the major differences between how reps and gens are produced. Considering the price difference, quite understandable.

Considering it is a skeleton dial, parts which would have been hidden inside the watch can be seen through the dial so more likely to find imperfections (part damages/scratches,marks) that were made during the production process. I think none of these would be perfect as we would be lucky to get a bunch with no factory imperfections at all.

Good luck with your QC's guys , fingers crossed haha.

Let you see wrist shots when they finally land :)

Rustknuckle

Horology Curious
10/8/18
The problem with so many bad QC of the HB Ferrari's is because there is hardly any proper quality control, the target is just to produce a certain amount of pieces in the shortest time possible also as cost effective as possible also not under the best conditions. Which is one of the major differences between how reps and gens are produced. Considering the price difference, quite understandable.

Considering it is a skeleton dial, parts which would have been hidden inside the watch can be seen through the dial so more likely to find imperfections (part damages/scratches,marks) that were made during the production process. I think none of these would be perfect as we would be lucky to get a bunch with no factory imperfections at all.

Good luck with your QC's guys , fingers crossed haha.

Let you see wrist shots when they finally land :)

This is not your typical QC issues as I said. Like on mine the pin that sits between the 10 and 11 markers has been hit so hard its deformed and looks peened. I feel striking an unenclosed movement so hard with a hammer that it deforms metal goes somewhat beyond what we normally expect in reps. I feel that I should not have to specify that I dont want a movement that has been beaten to deformity with a hammer made from a metal harder than the part it was beating on. What I tried and obviously failed at as to convey to that these are not the normal errors we have come to expect and that I am not a expecting gen perfect replicas. No other replica I have ordered has had violent tool marks in the dial or anywhere for that matter.

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
The forged carbon one looks sick I’m def in!!!

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDI3MD...9244a029eaa547

What do ya'll think ?? The bezel needs work ?? Don't think they used similar procedure for the Forged Carbon (molten Titanium blend). Hmm looks more "Splash paint" on carbon for the rep . Seems like they often make reps literally based on Poster pics and not actual/real life pics of Gen . Still looks okay tho for a V1 LOOOOL

Gen Below for Reference

VYQacG.jpg

VYCKVU.jpg

Last edited:

jembediah

Renowned Member
20/5/14
TBH the forged carbon bezel looks nothing like the gen,and i'm a bit skeptical about the finishing of this reps,great breakthrough but still too many flaws to be a great reps.
Hope they would fix it.

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
Corvax The first pic on top is a poster pic/Pre release pics which doesn't always turn out to be as exact product after release as there are often changes/ minor alterations during the production process so rep factories should never base it on that.

The second pic below seems Gen?? But looks literally like a "carbon copy" of poster pic so maybe there are variations in the bezels as to be honest looks quite different from some gens and the gen pics I posted previously.

With Forged Carbon the patterns never turn out the same , patterns are quite distinctive, random and untidy that's why I wonder how they were able to get the gen you posted to have similar straight lines as pre production poster pics instead of random patterns if that's really a gen.

Well, we see how they look in person and on the wrist :)

Last edited:

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
Corvax The first pic on top is a poster pic/Pre release pics which doesn't always turn out to be as exact product after release as there are often changes/ minor alterations during the production process so rep factories should never base it on that.

The second pic below seems Gen?? But looks literally like a "carbon copy" of poster pic so maybe there are variations in the bezels as to be honest looks quite different from some gens and the gen pics I posted previously. In most gens I've seen the forged Carbon has more of a rusty steel look to it not a spilled paint look ...

With Forged Carbon the patterns never turn out the same , patterns are quite distinctive, random and untidy that's why I wonder how they were able to get the gen you posted to have similar straight lines as pre production poster pics instead of random patterns if that's really a gen.

Well, we see how they look in person and on the wrist :)

Last edited:

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17
The price is not the price it will really cost :D trusty always states his new watches with a crazy high price at first but changes them when price is fix on the market :)

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
The price is not the price it will really cost :D trusty always states his new watches with a crazy high price at first but changes them when price is fix on the market :)

Yeah true it's been changed haha. If it was actually a real tourbillion movement would have been sold ..... Till then just waiting on the Ferrari lol

Last edited:

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17
Yeah true it's been changed haha. If it was actually a real tourbillion movement would have been sold ..... Till then just waiting on the Ferrari lol

I thought that too half a year ago I don't know what watch that was :D I thought: man that is almost gen price :D