• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hublot Big Bang V6.5 is really a super rep?

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
hi all, I am new to this forum and REP watches. Any advice where to buy a Big Bang v6.5? I am located in Europe (Germany) .

Look at the Trusted Dealers section.
I ordered mine from intime and I am from Germany, too.

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
Generally, 7750s has a sunken datewheel issue if the date wheel is in the 4/5 o’clock position. I like the Big Bang but this is holding me back. How does this compares to gen? Is it too noticeable?

A few weeks ago I was at a TD and had a gen Big Bang from 2018 in my hands and the date wheel was very sunken. I could see the next days date from some angles. After that I ordered my V6.5 HBB because the sunken date wheel is absolutely no issue.

Reactions: legend

canariasproducts

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/7/18
Keylog74 How do you mean that exactly? Most Hublots have standard 100m water resistance so don't really get you?

Lliu31 Really!! How do you know? Did you owned one? Not even wash your hands with it, thats sad.
Quickest tell in the future will be.. is this a rep or gen? Wait let's give it a bath and see what is does:confused:

dantoh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/11/17
Because of the bezel teeth. Look at a gen bezel and you will see it.
But there are rep bezels with the right teeth, just ask your TD.

do you think the teeth are smaller in the rep than in the gen?

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
do you think the teeth are smaller in the rep than in the gen?

Not only that they are smaller.
On the gen there are only 4,5 lines of teeth.
On the rep you have 6 or 7 lines of teeth.
So yes they have to be smaller to make so many lines of teeth :)

rayz20

Renowned Member
29/6/17
isnt there alsot he issue on the not ceramic one with the polished sides? or brushed? idk something is different on Gen i heard

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
isnt there alsot he issue on the not ceramic one with the polished sides? or brushed? idk something is different on Gen i heard
Yes, it's brushed instead of polished.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Because someone mentioned it, the ceramic steel which got copied is the original from 2005, there were no polished indices (between the numbers like now) and the outer parts of the midlinks were not polished too.

After 2010 they changed that and now they even removed the "Geneva" Part, so the replica is indeed correct as it is the 2005 Version.

Reactions: vcappp

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
Because someone mentioned it, the ceramic steel which got copied is the original from 2005, there were no polished indices (between the numbers like now) and the outer parts of the midlinks were not polished too.

After 2010 they changed that and now they even removed the "Geneva" Part, so the replica is indeed correct as it is the 2005 Version.
Interesting, thanks

kaddy

Known Member
14/7/18
With the steel version has the thickness of the silver chronograph subdials been fixed? In gen pics they look thinner compared to TD photos

RickC137

Horology Curious
25/10/18
I can confirm the quality of this super rep. My coworker (huge watch fan) who knows I have a rep Rolex told me to check my manual when I asked him a question about the chronograph :)

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
I had one, the build quality is excellent, very well finished from the dial to the case. The bezel brushing can be improved (may differ) which i DIY-ed with some sandpaper.

The movement as it is a 7750 based movement its very well decorated, rotor has some minor flaws, you can get a better one from trusty (non-TD). Its not visible when worn so not a big issue.

Advice is to get it serviced asap, mine had problems after 3 months, the rotor screw fell off (screw lining was worn out and couldnt be screwed back in) and the chronograph sub dials didnt reset to 12 position (don't touch it, my fault for doing so). And get yourself a H screw and tighten all the screws as some members have screws falling out (mainly case back).

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
I forgot to add, the clasp can get a little poke-y and irritating.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: csthe

MrOptional

8/10/18
Is there a review comparing v6.5 to genuine? I wonder what are some differences aside from the number of lines with teeth.

I am mostly on the AP forum and know most of the flaws with ROO, but haven't had a chance to educate myself on HBB yet.