• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO HBB REPS (A work in progress)

stxtf

Renowned Member
4/4/11
I have a v1 (Ultimate) which needs servicing (it now loses several minutes per day), but I've been seeing this v6 version online. It seems to have many improvements over the v1. One thing I couldn't see was the height of the crystal, is it accurate? Is there a better version?

Thanks for your help.

yes and no...

V6 has far better decorated movement, and nice raised crystal height. I can't speak for all v1 but my version had an uneven height while my 4 V6s all have nice even raised crystals

V1 has much better double AR, bezel teeth, and rubber chrono pushers

flugel

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/12/06
I wish they would come out with a new "ultimate" by today's standards which has the best of both included!

carboncopy

4/12/14
Thanks for taking the time to write this... interesting for me as I know very little about Hublots

KingdomCome

Horology Curious
12/12/14
Thank you for a very informative post, JJ69. Hope you're still around.

Has anyone ordered a HBB from Tony @ Asian7750 ? I am about to make my first purchase and what I have gathered after reading through this post is; I need to get the high beat A7750 to avoid problems. Would appreciate any inputs, this will be the first time I will purchase a rep.

Reactions: C.gjinika

syed2433

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/3/15
great hublot write up, anyone know whats the smallest mens hublot diameter?

joshualow_

19/2/13
What's the difference between the Big Bang V6 and V6.5? The amount of information here is so limited :(

zenico

Known Member
18/4/15
What's the difference between the Big Bang V6 and V6.5? The amount of information here is so limited :(

Like I answered you on the other thread, both V6 and V6.5 are from the same maker, the V6 factory. The V6.5 is an update of the V6, replacing the crystal with blueish AR on the V6 with the colourless AR crystal in the V6.5. Other than this fact, all other specs are the same.

Besides, most dealers should be holding on to the most recent version which is the V6.5.

There's actually quite a lot of information around if you bother to read and research more.
:wink:

joshualow_

19/2/13
Maybe whatever info I have found is only relavant to V6 and not 6.5. But isn't there the flaw of the 4 ticks instead of 3 on the 6.5?
Like I answered you on the other thread, both V6 and V6.5 are from the same maker, the V6 factory. The V6.5 is an update of the V6, replacing the crystal with blueish AR on the V6 with the colourless AR crystal in the V6.5. Other than this fact, all other specs are the same.Besides, most dealers should be holding on to the most recent version which is the V6.5.There's actually quite a lot of information around if you bother to read and research more. :wink:

zenico

Known Member
18/4/15
Maybe whatever info I have found is only relavant to V6 and not 6.5. But isn't there the flaw of the 4 ticks instead of 3 on the 6.5?

Actually differences between V6 and V6.5 was already discussed quite a lot, but maybe not in this thread. And like I said, they are the same, just with an updated crystal. If the V6.5 models have 4 ticks, the V6 models would have them too.

Anyway, not all models have the 4 ticks instead of 3, only some models, which in this case also includes the one that I'm trying to get, the RG/RG matte black dial model. If you want the closest model to gen, look for the SS/SS one, it has the closest weight to the gen. Besides, I don't really care about this flaw :D

gplay123

18/6/15
The good thing about Hublot if that there are so may editions that small details may exist in the gen, or even if they don't 99.9% of the population wouldn't have a clue about it