• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hublot still have sunken date wheels?

votoms

Known Member
1/9/12
I've always wanted a hublot chrono but can't stand the sunken date wheel. Has this problem been fixed in the latest iterations? I see pictures of the newest updates and it doesn't appear as bad as before where you can see tomorrows date if you peek through the date window.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
I've always wanted a hublot chrono but can't stand the sunken date wheel. Has this problem been fixed in the latest iterations? I see pictures of the newest updates and it doesn't appear as bad as before where you can see tomorrows date if you peek through the date window.
Pretty sure the earlier model gen big bangs had a sunken date. I've seen gens where I can see other days date on a certain angle. Maybe they fixed this with the newer inhouse movements of the gens

Jk1886

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/11/16
Pretty sure the earlier model gen big bangs had a sunken date. I've seen gens where I can see other days date on a certain angle. Maybe they fixed this with the newer inhouse movements of the gens

This!! I have seen older hublot with sunken date wheels as well and I’m pretty sure those were before they had their in-house movements

Sent from the RWI App

redrising

I'm Pretty Popular
23/4/12
is it possible for reps to not have this sunken date wheel issue? This issue is keeping me from getting one.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
is it possible for reps to not have this sunken date wheel issue? This issue is keeping me from getting one.

Yes technically it is possible by raising the dw ring by placing a thin ring below it.
Bu for what it is worth, the gen Hublots have this same issue too. I have seen varying dw depth on gen Hublots, and this could be attributed to the different dial thickness of the different models.

Reactions: stoyania

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
2 weeks ago at an AD I had a HBB SS in my hands and I could see tomorrows date easily.
The date was sunken af.
Also on another steel ceramic HBB I saw the same day.
So this is no tell for being a rep.