• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hublot Big Bang Steel Ceramic Review + Pics

D

d4m.test

Damn, I was considering getting the non carbon fibre version which comes with the regular black strap as opposed to the gummy strap simply due to reviews saying it feels heaps better, do you think that would be true because I don't have the budget to spend an extra 4-600 on a gen strap

Sent from the RWI App

Miyagi-san

16/3/17
There is a seller on ebay who sells a rep strap that is far superior to the included strap. If you use the search function, you will find it easily.

Post some pics of the strap and the buckle buddy!

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17
Hey miyagi-san,

I just posted some pics in another thread with a little comparison of gen and rep :)

ArranJames

Horology Curious
4/8/17
Watch looks fantastic. I'm about to pull the trigger on this one....can you please confirm if the chronograph is fully functional. Many thanks :)

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17
Thanks man !! :)
The chronograph works, BUT be carefully with it ! I would not recommend to use it frequently. Using the chronograph can damage your watch. You can be lucky and nothing happens but possible problems could be that the second hand or the small hands don't reset in the right position anymore.

You can service your watch and get the movement clean. There is a watchsmith mentioned in a previous thread who gives a warranty on the movement functions after his service.

I can highly recommend this watch, you will be happy with it even when don't using the chrono !! You won't regret the purchase !! This thing is awesome, even more in real life on your wrist ! Go for it :)

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17
I would not try to take it into water, some drops are okey but for swimming it is too risky I think :)

Yeah I would say they are both super reps :)

stoyania

15/4/16
There is a seller on ebay who sells a rep strap that is far superior to the included strap. If you use the search function, you will find it easily.

Post some pics of the strap and the buckle buddy!

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

there are a few options on ebay... Miyagi-san which one do you recommend?

pb7

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
21/7/18
Did you have any problems with the customs and did you have to pay any taxes? I am interrested because i just ordered the same watch :)

Poslano sa mog SM-G950F koristeći Tapatalk

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17
Did you have any problems with the customs and did you have to pay any taxes? I am interrested because i just ordered the same watch :)

Poslano sa mog SM-G950F koristeći Tapatalk

No Uk shipping is very safe :)

Reactions: pb7

MrOptional

8/10/18
Hublot1704
Did you by any chance see or have done a review of this rep vs. gen? I am trying to figure out what the differences are? One obvious one that I noticed is that gen doesn't say "Geneve" on it... So not sure how this could be a super rep? Perhaps in some older versions they had "Geneva"?

Reactions: ETAWatchlover

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17
Hublot1704
Did you by any chance see or have done a review of this rep vs. gen? I am trying to figure out what the differences are? One obvious one that I noticed is that gen doesn't say "Geneve" on it... So not sure how this could be a super rep? Perhaps in some older versions they had "Geneva"?

Here you can see my franken review :) https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...hublot-big-bang-steel-ceramic-franken-project
I installed gen dial an gen clasp, you see on the clasp that it is a newer clasp because they left the "geneve" :) on my gen dial it also has the "geneve" printed, on some newer dials they also left the "geneve" print :)

MrOptional

8/10/18
Hublot1704 thank you this is helpful!! I wish there also was some direct gen vs rep comparison like for so many AP models that forum members here have. I guess I have to save up, buy a gen, and then do a comparing myself! P.S. great looking watch you have ! :)

Reactions: Hublot1704

onewatch2018

Renowned Member
19/4/18
This review just made me order one. Thank you!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk