• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hublot Big Bang Sang Bleu II - Black Magic 45mm by ZF

passedaway

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/20
New release by ZF - here are the first real pictures from my QC. Overall am super impressed by it. Available at most TDs for around $800.

Last edited:

Pipicu

Supporter
Certified
2/6/22
Germany
Not really a fan of Hublot, but it looks quite nice. Not sure if the 800$ price tag would be worth for me tho.

Reactions: tent5000

Alficious

Horology Curious
23/9/21
Looks really nice! Do you have any other Hublots (Big Bang/Unico) so you could take a side-by-side picture for comparison?

Alficious

Horology Curious
23/9/21
That looks amazing! Where did you manage to get BB Ferrari Ceramic? I actually tried the gen couple of months ago in Florence - it was so much lighter than I expected. A really nice piece.

I am trying to get a very similar version in full ceramic. I firstly tried Hont, but he told me after two weeks that he will not be able to get it. After refunding my money I ordered it with Steve (Theonewatches) and am still waiting for QC. It has been two months since I started my adventure but Steve said that V6 factory had already taken his money so it should not be long now.

75096-550329887-jpg-quality-55-w-1600.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tamomota

repzf

Looking Around
8/10/20
LOOKS GREAT!!
CAN U TELL ME THICKNESS?
IS IT 14MM OR 16.5MM?
AND STRAP SIZE WILL IT FIT FOR 21CM WRIST?
THANKS FOR THE POST

Last edited:

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
I'm tempted to cancel my Patek 5712 order for this (hate the new purple looking dial).

Looks stunning but it may just be too big for my 17cm wrist.

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
LOOKS GREAT!!
CAN U TELL ME THICKNESS?
IS IT 14MM OR 16.5MM?
AND STRAP SIZE WILL IT FIT FOR 21CM WRIST?
THANKS FOR THE POST

The puretime website says 16.5mm whereas Jtime and Trustytime say 14mm. I'm guessing 16.5mm. The Royal Oak offshores which used the same movement were all 16mm.

passedaway

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/20
That looks amazing! Where did you manage to get BB Ferrari Ceramic? I actually tried the gen couple of months ago in Florence - it was so much lighter than I expected. A really nice piece.

I am trying to get a very similar version in full ceramic. I firstly tried Hont, but he told me after two weeks that he will not be able to get it. After refunding my money I ordered it with Steve (Theonewatches) and am still waiting for QC. It has been two months since I started my adventure but Steve said that V6 factory had already taken his money so it should not be long now.

75096-550329887-jpg-quality-55-w-1600.jpg

V6F closed down last year right after I bought the first one, so this one so far is the only ceramic ferrari i have seen outside China. But saw on other thread that they are back so best of luck. I like the one without the cage better than mine.

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
it is 17mm.

Thanks for the reply, the gen is a similar size so this is great.

Are there any major differences between this and the gen? Also do you think it would be too big for a 17mm wrist?

Pipicu

Supporter
Certified
2/6/22
Germany
I'm tempted to cancel my Patek 5712 order for this (hate the new purple looking dial).

Looks stunning but it may just be too big for my 17cm wrist.

I mean they both are completely different watches. I couldnt compare them. I'd prefer the 5712 because it is now fully functional. Did you check the new qc's? https://imgur.com/a/FpIg9VL

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
I mean they both are completely different watches. I couldnt compare them. I'd prefer the 5712 because it is now fully functional. Did you check the new qc's? https://imgur.com/a/FpIg9VL

Yes I already accepted my 5712, the QC pictures looked good.
I already have a ceramic Royal Oak but it's with a modder so I'm tempted by this Hublot. However I have sold every big watch (greater than 42mm) that I've ever owned. The design is very unique.

Reactions: j2rep

Pipicu

Supporter
Certified
2/6/22
Germany
Yes I already accepted my 5712, the QC pictures looked good.
I already have a ceramic Royal Oak but it's with a modder so I'm tempted by this Hublot. However I have sold every big watch (greater than 42mm) that I've ever owned. The design is very unique.

Imo you need a hand diameter greater than atleast 19cm to rock a 45mm watch. I own 44mm watches with a hand diamter of 18.5cm and don't feal really comfortable wearing them anymore, because they feel so chunky and unprortional on my wrist.

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
Imo you need a hand diameter greater than atleast 19cm to rock a 45mm watch. I own 44mm watches with a hand diamter of 18.5cm and don't feal really comfortable wearing them anymore, because they feel so chunky and unprortional on my wrist.

You are right, and you've probably saved me $200 - $300. I would buy it for $800 and lose quite a bit on resale. Even the ceramic Royal Oak is on the big side but not clownish looking. I've owned the Royal Oak Diver, Planet Ocean Ceramic, IWC Aquatimer, IWC Big Pilot and sold them all after a few months.

Reactions: Pipicu

Pipicu

Supporter
Certified
2/6/22
Germany
You are right, and you've probably saved me $200 - $300. I would buy it for $800 and lose quite a bit on resale. Even the ceramic Royal Oak is on the big side but not clownish looking. I've owned the Royal Oak Diver, Planet Ocean Ceramic, IWC Aquatimer, IWC Big Pilot and sold them all after a few months.

Glad I could help you deciding. I think you will be more than happy with the updated 5712 :)