• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Big Bang Unico Titanium by ZF just showed up

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
It’s good, but something more exotic in colour would be nice, sky blue ceramic or something

Reactions: molivio

Watchwarrior99

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/3/17

I ordered this watch and received the QC. There is an annoying gap between the case and the belt and case.
This is my second try with QC, the first time had worse gaps.

I don't think I would recommend buying it until the next version comes out.

What gap? I don't see any. Do you mean the gap between the strap and the watch case? or the bezel

Watchwarrior99

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/3/17
I ordered this big bang too. Hopefully I get QC pics asap.. they're telling me raids are causing delays at the moment, not sure when puretime will ship

TMTFM888

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
30/5/21
The finishing is nicer than v6 Ferrari unico. My rotor slightly noisy. But besides that.it is great

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
It’s good, but something more exotic in colour would be nice, sky blue ceramic or something

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
What gap? I don't see any. Do you mean the gap between the strap and the watch case? or the bezel

With most Hublot watches there is a point where the bezel meets the case. There is likely to be a gap on reps if dimensions and assembling case are not done properly. With the gen offcourse the likelyhood is low of there being gaps as dimensions are exact as case in properly set with precision equipment.

The gap will be more obvious from a close side angle as most of those pics and from top angle

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13

I ordered this watch and received the QC. There is an annoying gap between the case and the belt and case.
This is my second try with QC, the first time had worse gaps.

I don't think I would recommend buying it until the next version comes out.

Looks okay but looks more steel than Titanium.

It's decent in terms of build but materials can be improved upon especially little attention to detail of the decorated skeleton dial .

Reactions: minota98

Johnnydicky

Horology Curious
4/4/20
does anyone know if the strap is pulled out after pressing the button?

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą RWI

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
does anyone know if the strap is pulled out after pressing the button?

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą RWI

Yes it does, if not there would be no point . All recent Hublot Unicos have the fast release mechanism in the lug area. This rep as well as the recent Ferrari Unico rep have fast release lug straps

Johnnydicky

Horology Curious
4/4/20
it is suggested by the product, quality. it's the only site that has a movie. and if it's a Scam or not, I don't know.

minota98

RWI Supporter
30/12/21
MY
So I can see that ZF has started making some Hublots! Exciting times!

If anyone knows BB Unico, could you tell me how close is this to gen? Is it worth ordering? Price is a little on the high side but it does appear to be good!

Hublot Big Bang Unico Titanium ZF 1:1 Best Edition Skeleton Dial on Black Rubber Strap A1280 (puretimewatch.io)

Hublot Big Bang Unico Titanium Ceramic ZF 1:1 Best Edition Skeleton Dial on Black Rubber Strap A1280 (puretimewatch.io)

I think the ZF ones look great - much better than previous versions from other factories - the only two differences I can spot from the naked eye are:

- the HUBLOT logo on the sapphire glass on the case, the fonts look a bit off.
- the fast release strap buttons etching outwards, the gens do not (you can easilt

Attaching some pics of my gen 42mm full ceramic unico (which I am planning to sell in the near future)

Thanks for the post!

minota98

RWI Supporter
30/12/21
MY
I think the ZF ones look great - much better than previous versions from other factories - the only two differences I can spot from the naked eye are:

- the HUBLOT logo on the sapphire glass on the case, the fonts look a bit off.
- the fast release strap buttons etching outwards, the gens do not (you can easilt

Attaching some pics of my gen 42mm full ceramic unico (which I am planning to sell in the near future)

Thanks for the post!

Apologies, forgot to attach pics

Steve McGarrett

Known Member
Patron
Certified
8/3/18
It's a great watch, there's nothing like it! But... how can ZF manage not to make the metal parts of the interchangeable straps analogue gen?

I still have an older Ferrari (401.OQ.0123.VR), I don't know which manufacturer it's from, but all the gen straps fit perfectly!

Otherwise, the workmanship, feel, etc. is really really good! The case will also be titanium, and the total weight means it can't really be stainless steel. The only question is - why do they stamp "stainless steel" on the clasp? :picard2:

Here a quick first foto-

jsJZVn.jpg

Last edited: