• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jjf vs wwf for the classic fusion

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Sizes aside, has anyone handled both and can attest to one being higher quality than the other?

newonboard

Omega&IWC
Supporter
Certified
5/5/19
EU
1234 post - congrats;p
I'm waiting for WWF - should arrive in few days. Then i can write something about quality.

TidusKun

Renowned Member
28/9/19
R Factory
Sizes aside, has anyone handled both and can attest to one being higher quality than the other?

I've not held WWF myself but have seen plenty of QC pics from others - it's not as close to gen as JJF was but still a very good rep (though you can get very good WWF-level reps for less from dhgate/aliexpress if you find a good seller).

I've had black, grey and blue 42mm JJF, and all I would consider NWBIG. Actually, the only reason (imo) it's not on the NWBIG list is because Hublot is not very popular here.

juanjo1000

Horology Curious
29/7/21
I've not held WWF myself but have seen plenty of QC pics from others - it's not as close to gen as JJF was but still a very good rep (though you can get very good WWF-level reps for less from dhgate/aliexpress if you find a good seller).

I've had black, grey and blue 42mm JJF, and all I would consider NWBIG. Actually, the only reason (imo) it's not on the NWBIG list is because Hublot is not very popular here.

Hi Tidus, I am looking to buy the 42mm JJF Classic fusion. I noticed that in the consensus list the JJF version is listed as First class NWBIG but with the black dial. You mention that you had also grey and blue,. does it make a difference vs black in terms of quality? thanks

TidusKun

Renowned Member
28/9/19
R Factory
Hi Tidus, I am looking to buy the 42mm JJF Classic fusion. I noticed that in the consensus list the JJF version is listed as First class NWBIG but with the black dial. You mention that you had also grey and blue,. does it make a difference vs black in terms of quality? thanks

The dials are excellent for both, with a nice sunburst effect as per gen. My only complaint would probably be that the strap isn't as comfortable as gen around the buckle

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
Gen strap more soft and hug the wrist better. The only flaw with JjF and WFF, is JJF dw thinner and WWF little bit thicker than Gen. I think the new factory call b50f had better gw and close to gen. The WWF buckle is gen like! Perfect clasp! JJF kinda loose!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Frankit

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/9/21
Lebanon
Handsdown WWF!!!! The only issue is u have to change the strap. They include a rubber strap with a croco embossing. Hublot either has a gen croco leather strap or a lined rubber one. Its easy i ordered on ebay a rubber strap. I even went into the boutique with it, and the guy didnt notice what so ever. It is simply perfect and a no brainer. The best rep almost i can say Gen!! I never felt i had a rep on with it.

QUOTE=Duckber;n10125245]Sizes aside, has anyone handled both and can attest to one being higher quality than the other?[/QUOTE]

Code:

JuicyLifter

Looking Around
22/6/22
Handsdown WWF!!!! The only issue is u have to change the strap. They include a rubber strap with a croco embossing. Hublot either has a gen croco leather strap or a lined rubber one. Its easy i ordered on ebay a rubber strap. I even went into the boutique with it, and the guy didnt notice what so ever. It is simply perfect and a no brainer. The best rep almost i can say Gen!! I never felt i had a rep on with it.

QUOTE=Duckber;n10125245]Sizes aside, has anyone handled both and can attest to one being higher quality than the other?

Code:
[/QUOTE]

Bump. Do you mind if I ask which strap you purchased? Got 42 mm Hublot Classic Fusion WWF but trying to look for a strap replacement because this Croc Embossing is an instant call out.

Frankit

Banned
5/9/21
Lebanon
exactly, the strap they include is an instant tell off. I got mine from Ebay (sorry i really dont remember the seller, its been ages) look for them on ebay, after market straps. Just make sure you get one, which is the same distance between the screw holes of the strap, because the gen has difference space size.

cheers,

Bump. Do you mind if I ask which strap you purchased? Got 42 mm Hublot Classic Fusion WWF but trying to look for a strap replacement because this Croc Embossing is an instant call out.
[/QUOTE]

JuicyLifter

Looking Around
22/6/22
exactly, the strap they include is an instant tell off. I got mine from Ebay (sorry i really dont remember the seller, its been ages) look for them on ebay, after market straps. Just make sure you get one, which is the same distance between the screw holes of the strap, because the gen has difference space size.

cheers,

[/QUOTE]

I ended up just biting the bullet in the last week and buying a Gen Classic Fusion 42 mm Rubber Striped Strap for $240. Replaced it, it fit well, I'm happy. Honestly, all in all, getting a Hublot CF Rep for $550 total as opposed to $8k for an ETA movement is so worth it.

Reactions: Frankit

Frankit

Banned
5/9/21
Lebanon
totally agreed. If at least it was an in house movement, but a modified ETA is just not worth it!

I ended up just biting the bullet in the last week and buying a Gen Classic Fusion 42 mm Rubber Striped Strap for $240. Replaced it, it fit well, I'm happy. Honestly, all in all, getting a Hublot CF Rep for $550 total as opposed to $8k for an ETA movement is so worth it. [/QUOTE]