• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Terrible Experience with Hont - Bait and Switch

Noob42069

Known Member
20/11/21
What did you do in the end? I would end up hating that I spent money on such a glaring issue coz TD was scummy

He wanted me to send it back to China for a refund qualifying that statement by saying it may not make it through customs and require 2 months to return to me.

I said fuck it and kept it. Im going to have the bezel aligned by oascom.

is it the worst thing in the world? No. I’m just annoyed the fucker intentionally aligned it in the QC knowing that it doesn’t naturally click.

Yeah I’ll pay $50-100 to get it realigned or whatever.
that and not buy from Hont again, buy from someone else who’s QC I can trust and customer service I appreciate.

this is a place to post feedback no? Here was my experience. Order cleans from Hont if you want to, I will not.

Noob42069

Known Member
20/11/21
It is irritating when a TD pulls a bit of a fast one to make a sale.

But on the other hand, it’s also increasingly evident that the original intention of QC pics - to ensure that the watch you’re getting is the one you ordered, and has no GLARING flaws - has been eroded/subverted to such an extent that these days I expect a TD is lucky if they can shift 50% of the watches they offer the fussy entitled sods of the internet, who have largely been educated in the new micro-critiquing methodology of QC approval by the sages on Reddit.

So, I can sort of sympathise with the TD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah it’s a two way street. I don’t RL watches typically.

I was just annoyed because I did it specifically this time for the bezel and he sent a fucked up one anyway.

instead of saying “no sorry I cannot red light this because of the bezel because all of CFs bezels suck and are like this” he faked the QC pic and sent it.

It’s apparently hard to communicate that above ^ and much easier to send it. Didn’t even apologize after. Just played stupid and said he has no idea what I’m talking about in terms of the bezel.

Reactions: Dirkjon

Dirkjon

Supporter
Certified
15/4/12
USA
Yeah I’ll pay $50-100 to get it realigned or whatever.
that and not buy from Hont again, buy from someone else who’s QC I can trust and customer service I appreciate.

:thumbsup:

Dirkjon

Supporter
Certified
15/4/12
USA
iI's a counterfeit chinese watch. If you want perfection what are you doing here ? Why not buy a gen ?

Are you saying that it's OK for an RWI TD to pull something like that because it's a "counterfeit chinese watch"? Is it similarly ok then for members to pull the same garbage in an M2M sale because the watch is a "counterfeit chinese watch"? Pretty sure that if that happened in an M2M sale our mods would expect the seller to correct the issue. I don't think it's unreasonable to hold our "trusted" dealers to the same standard.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Are you saying that it's OK for an RWI TD to pull something like that because it's a "counterfeit chinese watch"? Is it similarly ok then for members to pull the same garbage in an M2M sale because the watch is a "counterfeit chinese watch"? Pretty sure that if that happened in an M2M sale our mods would expect the seller to correct the issue. I don't think it's unreasonable to hold our "trusted" dealers to the same standard.

"Pull something ". Yeah, the TD is a wild conspiracy to make a couple of bucks off you has a crazy photoshop scheme going with QC pics to trick you out of your life savings in order to sell you a fake watch ! It's quite amazing if you think about it. Imagine how much sneakier they were back when QC pics didn't exist ! ????????????

Reactions: wubsub

Noob42069

Known Member
20/11/21
"Pull something ". Yeah, the TD is a wild conspiracy to make a couple of bucks off you has a crazy photoshop scheme going with QC pics to trick you out of your life savings in order to sell you a fake watch ! It's quite amazing if you think about it. Imagine how much sneakier they were back when QC pics didn't exist ! ????????????

????

you’re dense man.

instead of doing what he did all he had to say is no sorry, I cannot find a CF GMT with a properly aligned bezel.

I can get you another watch, refund you, or send you this one with a $50 discount for you to align the bezel yourself.

that’s the only statement he needed to say.
I would have preferred a refund and him sending me no watch.
I don’t think that’s too much to ask and is the reason for QCs.

if your opinion differs I respect it, enjoy ordering from Hont.

this is my experience. I am allowed to post it.

Unless this sub forum is only allowed to post glowing positive reviews of Hont? GTFO

Noob42069

Known Member
20/11/21

And yeah it’s not a crazy photoshop scheme. Whoever working for Hont, because obviously it’s not one person, intentionally aligned the bezel between clicks to make it seem like the pip was aligned.

not some crazy photoshop ya boomer

and no it’s not a wild conspiracy. He’d rather send as many watches as fast as he can instead of refunding people here and there. I get it from his perspective. But from the buyers perspective this is mine.

and yeah I will go buy a gen. In the meanwhile if I want a rep I will not buy from Hont. Enjoy your fake Chinese Swiss shitters from Hont

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
????

you’re dense man.

instead of doing what he did all he had to say is no sorry, I cannot find a CF GMT with a properly aligned bezel.

I can get you another watch, refund you, or send you this one with a $50 discount for you to align the bezel yourself.

that’s the only statement he needed to say.
I would have preferred a refund and him sending me no watch.
I don’t think that’s too much to ask and is the reason for QCs.

if your opinion differs I respect it, enjoy ordering from Hont.

this is my experience. I am allowed to post it.

Unless this sub forum is only allowed to post glowing positive reviews of Hont? GTFO

Dense ? Not sure what level of reading comprehension you have. I can tell you this. You're living up to every bit of your creative username.

Noob42069

Known Member
20/11/21
Dense ? Not sure what level of reading comprehension you have. I can tell you this. You're living up to every bit of your creative username.

Yes I just posted reasons for why I called you dense, for which you have no logical rebuttal for. So my reading comprehension is perfectly fine.

Apparently better than you.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
it’s the same watch buddy, same serials

jxgAAY.jpg

jxghFs.jpg

maybe hont just fractionally aligned the bezel cos he is tired of dummies like you that reject a watch cos the bezel doesn’t align perfectly, when practically zero of these CF GMTs perfectly align at 12

And if that is true you consider that acceptable? No way would I accept that watch. Also, we do not call fellow members "dummies", Mmkay?

All the rest of you have a go at this guy, would any of you really accept that bezel alignment? Good grief I'd be furious especially since those second QC pics are obviously an outright misrepresentation. Those of you sticking up for the dealer really think that being lied to is acceptable?

hontwatch, do you have an explanation for this? I certainly hope so . . .

Repowatch

Horology Curious
6/3/22
GER
I've had zero complains about Hont, he was responsive and everything went great.
I work in sales and its common that sometimes something went off. the majority had no issues with Hont, but as with other TD´s there are good days and bad days.

Reactions: wubsub

brendan777

Golfer
Banned
16/8/12
If I was the TD and the buyer is that pissed over that flaw, and assuming I didn't pull the aforementioned Photoshop stunt, I would have just offered him a partial refund, say maybe half my profit. Sadly, this TD was just thinking of his wallet, not for the long term.

Siesta Shrink

Known Member
Patron
Certified
12/6/21
As my brother and I age, and our parents and siblings have passed, our friendship becomes more and more precious. As Christmas 2021 approached, he had a great idea: we should buy each other identical (rep) Rolexes, to be reminded every time we wear them of our friendship. We settled on the 6542, and since I'm the one with the rep experience, I did the research, and selected Hont as the dealer. He was professional, cordial and meticulous. This is my brother's first rep, so he's thrilled with his watch, and we agree that they have the desired effect of a little bump of gratitude every time we look at them.

What fools we are. I should have checked the QC pics more carefully. And had I known there are RWI members who are skilled at mind reading, I would have consulted you before the sale. Oh, well. Live and learn.

JimmyD750

Renowned Member
Certified
18/3/15
St. Louis, MO
I too have had a recent bs experience with Hont. This post and the experiences of a few others confirms that lately, maybe the last few months, Hont has been off his game. I’ll make a post detailing what happened with my scenario later today. Just wanted to chime in and say you aren’t imagining things, and this is not ok. The other comments are true, but personally I don’t look at reps as a base watch that has to be sent out for a few hundred more dollars to be fixed before I can wear it. That applies to any model, not just this, and it is only my opinion.

Reactions: gvmelbrty

ProperGains

Supporter
Certified
18/5/22
ill buy it, hmu the shop down the street said they can align it for the low so lmk. $200 + shipping?

Ghostrider757

I'm the one who knocks.
Patron
Certified
9/8/17
Underground
i dont remember talking to you at all? im talking to the one who isn't happy with his watch that looks good to me.

I don’t care who you’re talking to. Other than the fact that no one asked you to inappropriately lowball someone, especially outside of a PM, this isn’t a sales thread. You flat out, are insulting with that nonsense. This is something the Op can work out with the TD he bought it from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: repreg123

ProperGains

Supporter
Certified
18/5/22
I don’t care who you’re talking to. Other than the fact that no one asked you to inappropriately lowball someone, especially outside of a PM, this isn’t a sales thread. You flat out, are insulting with that nonsense. This is something the Op can work out with the TD he bought it from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nobody asked you for your opinion kiddo.