• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Terrible Experience with Hont - Bait and Switch

Noob42069

Known Member
20/11/21
Terrible experience from Hont and a “trusted” dealer.
Will never buy a watch from him ever again.

Bought a CF Pepsi, paid 2/19
Received first QC on 2/21 - Red lighted this one specifically due to a misaligned bezel.

Received second QC 3 weeks later on 3/15
the QC pics looked like this:

Confirmed by QC video here: https://a202111041317341460003592.s...1041317341460003592/I202203160037199830001827

Bezel on second QC Looked perfectly aligned. No issues.

received watch 4/6
but actual watch had a terribly aligned bezel:

And no, it is not simply 1 click misaligned, as you can see on the video here:
https://imgur.com/a/26DzdZm

Bottom line Hont or whoever working for him knew the bezel was misaligned, intentionally deceived me by forcing the bezel to be aligned only for QC pics/video, and sent it to me anyway.

He REFUSES to acknowledge the issue.
Don’t bother getting QC pics from Hont because you can’t trust them apparently.

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
it’s the same watch buddy, same serials

jxgAAY.jpg

jxghFs.jpg

maybe hont just fractionally aligned the bezel cos he is tired of dummies like you that reject a watch cos the bezel doesn’t align perfectly, when practically zero of these CF GMTs perfectly align at 12

Noob42069

Known Member
20/11/21

jxgAAY.jpg

jxghFs.jpg

maybe hont just fractionally aligned the bezel cos he is tired of dummies like you that reject a watch cos the bezel doesn’t align perfectly, when practically zero of these CF GMTs perfectly align at 12

same watch fine, not a bait in switch.

but still misrepresented on QC by forcing the bezel to look perfectly aligned.

would you accept this watch on QC with this bezel??

the bezel is terrible. It’s not even close or within a hood tolerance. It’s very very off. And he forced it for the QC pics.

Noob42069

Known Member
20/11/21

jxgAAY.jpg

jxghFs.jpg

Also I’ve seen tons of QCs with aligned bezels from other TDs. I will never buy from Hont again

your opinion sucks

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
same watch fine, not a bait in switch.

but still misrepresented on QC by forcing the bezel to look perfectly aligned.

would you accept this watch on QC with this bezel??

the bezel is terrible. It’s not even close or within a hood tolerance. It’s very very off. And he forced it for the QC pics.

yes i still would have accepted, because yours has a great 18 transition, literally zero speed bumps, perfectly aligned markers and datewheel - these are the important things and not the bezel alignment.

all of these CF GMTs have crap alignment, cos the assembly is so low grade and covered in grease. you can easily solve this alignment issue by buying a gen click spring and sending it over to a modder to clean and align the bezel. then you will have a gen like rotation and alignment, not at all comparable to how they roll off from CF as stock.

Noob42069

Known Member
20/11/21
yes i still would have accepted, because yours has a great 18 transition, literally zero speed bumps, perfectly aligned markers and datewheel - these are the important things and not the bezel alignment.

all of these CF GMTs have crap alignment, cos the assembly is so low grade and covered in grease. you can easily solve this alignment issue by buying a gen click spring and sending it over to a modder to clean and align the bezel. then you will have a gen like rotation and alignment, not at all comparable to how they roll off from CF as stock.

I have sent it to a modder to align the bezel and see how it looks then. However, I would have rather have accurate QC pictures, instead of being sent intentionally misrepresented QC pics from a "trusted dealer."

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Agree
QC pics are supposed to be the “trust” we have for GL or RL.
we have no way of handling the piece prior to purchase so you go on good faith that the pic you see is the product you will get. It’s a dicey hobby we have but let’s not forget that trusted dealers feed their families from people like us. Trust works both ways and it can be a burning bridge.

Noob42069

Known Member
20/11/21
Yeah thank you guys. Thought I was being unreasonable. Although I’ve worn it now and although the bezels fucked up im just going to send to a modder to adjust.

in the future I’ll just go with a different TD and ask for bezel action.

Reactions: JimmyD750

Keeda

Looking Around
8/5/22
What did you do in the end? I would end up hating that I spent money on such a glaring issue coz TD was scummy

Last edited:
Reactions: Noob42069

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
iI's a counterfeit chinese watch. If you want perfection what are you doing here ? Why not buy a gen ?

Why not buy DHGate shitters for $50 then? There are degrees of what's acceptable to query, I agree, and in OP's case this qualifies. Given it looks like he got the same watch he had already red lighted for alignment issues, I wouldn't be impressed either. Jesus, people red light watches for less than this all the time. I remember one guy red lighting an AP because it didn't have the "small dots on the balance wheel like gen". :p

type0010

Horology Curious
2/4/22
When you decide to purchase the watch, you have given trust to the TD. i would feel cheated when i get that kind of watch. those are QC fail and they should aware of the issue and get it fix before ship it out to customers. not because this is a rep. and those watch are not cheap as well.

Reactions: Noob42069

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
It is irritating when a TD pulls a bit of a fast one to make a sale.

But on the other hand, it’s also increasingly evident that the original intention of QC pics - to ensure that the watch you’re getting is the one you ordered, and has no GLARING flaws - has been eroded/subverted to such an extent that these days I expect a TD is lucky if they can shift 50% of the watches they offer the fussy entitled sods of the internet, who have largely been educated in the new micro-critiquing methodology of QC approval by the sages on Reddit.

So, I can sort of sympathise with the TD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro