• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I paid, Hont disappeared, DHL may initiates a customs procedure

Ksjp

Horology Curious
11/11/19
European Union
Hi, I'm new here and my first purchase from Hont (which I highly regret at the moment) looks pretty bad, if you have any suggestions, please let me know.
Sorry, English is not my native language. Long story short, I bought 2 subs in september. At the beginning of our lengthy email conversations, I advised him that only EU forwarded or triangle shipping was possible, because counterfeit watches were destroyed by the customs agency in my country. He wrote there will be no problem with it, asked 40 usd for shipping, and promised he will find a safe way. I made the payment via bank transfer and he confirmed it, but after a week or so he wrote that the selected models were out of stock. Hont promised a discount if I change my order to noobs (one with the entry level 2813 movement and one with 2836-2). We agreed on that, and I was waiting for two weeks, before asking him about the watches. He replied that one of the noobs is already in stock, but I have to wait a bit for the other. This is fine so far, but after another 2 weeks of silence, I wrote to him again. He replied that there was a problem with his website but we reconciled my address and I wrote him again to pay attention to Eu forwarded or triangle shipping. Two days later, DHL sent me a text message saying that he had sent me a parcel from Hong Kong. Again, not a word from Hont. Now DHL wants me to send them my email address so that they could send me the documentation needed for customs clearance... Well thanks. But I do not know what Hont stated as the content, nor the value, nothing. Still, he is ignoring my mails, so I can't contact DHL either. I really don't know what to do.

Mike116

I'm Pretty Popular
20/11/12
Back of beyond
If you bought the watches at the time you were a member here at RWI then its best to take out a help desk ticket and a mod will endeavour to help out. If you wernt a member when you purchased then then its unlikely they can help but worth asking. Im not sure that contacting DHL is a good idea but if you tell them is not for you and its miss addressed its likely they will send the pakage back to Hont

ps. Sead might be a better option for eu buyers as he has stock in the eu

Last edited:

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
You weren’t a member of this forum when you bought it; so I don’t think anyone can help it. Also, did you buy it from the right Hont site?

Good luck my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Ksjp

Horology Curious
11/11/19
European Union
If you bought the watches at the time you were a member here at RWI then its best to take out a help desk ticket and a mod will endeavour to help out. If you wernt a member when you purchased then then its unlikely they can help but worth asking. Im not sure that contacting DHL is a good idea but if you tell them is not for you and its miss addressed its likely they will send the pakage back to Hont

ps. Sead might be a better option for eu buyers as he has stock in the eu

Thank you so much, I will give it a try. The only reason I still trying to get my package so bad that I'm afraid Hont won't take the package. At least that's what I read about him.

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
We are not going to help you with a helpdesk ticket

You purchased before you decided to join.

Tough luck

Sent from my Noob v9.5

Ksjp

Horology Curious
11/11/19
European Union
In the end l was able to handle DHL by sending them a paypal receipt from a Seiko watch - which l purchased from ebay in the same month. I thought if they open up the package from Hont, at least I can say it’s a misunderstanding. They didn’t care about the content anymore, at all!! Once DHL realised they will be able to make a cut cause the Seiko came from China as well, they just sent me the package and their invoice. Lucky me. Hont sent me 2 submariners both with 2836-2 movement, one Noob which is flawless, and one with a misaligned dial.... I won’t use him in the future, ‘trusted‘ doesn’t mean so much to me after this experience. I had my first noob sub from Dhgate, the best from my sub collection.

hontwatch

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/12/06
Hi, I'm new here and my first purchase from Hont (which I highly regret at the moment) looks pretty bad, if you have any suggestions, please let me know.
Sorry, English is not my native language. Long story short, I bought 2 subs in september. At the beginning of our lengthy email conversations, I advised him that only EU forwarded or triangle shipping was possible, because counterfeit watches were destroyed by the customs agency in my country. He wrote there will be no problem with it, asked 40 usd for shipping, and promised he will find a safe way. I made the payment via bank transfer and he confirmed it, but after a week or so he wrote that the selected models were out of stock. Hont promised a discount if I change my order to noobs (one with the entry level 2813 movement and one with 2836-2). We agreed on that, and I was waiting for two weeks, before asking him about the watches. He replied that one of the noobs is already in stock, but I have to wait a bit for the other. This is fine so far, but after another 2 weeks of silence, I wrote to him again. He replied that there was a problem with his website but we reconciled my address and I wrote him again to pay attention to Eu forwarded or triangle shipping. Two days later, DHL sent me a text message saying that he had sent me a parcel from Hong Kong. Again, not a word from Hont. Now DHL wants me to send them my email address so that they could send me the documentation needed for customs clearance... Well thanks. But I do not know what Hont stated as the content, nor the value, nothing. Still, he is ignoring my mails, so I can't contact DHL either. I really don't know what to do.

WHO ARE YOU ? WHAT IS YOUR EMAIL ?

Reactions: RepR44