• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First time purchase Rolex Explorer 1 Ref.214270 39mm Ult SS/SS Black BP A2836

BluuDuu

MULTI ACCOUNT
11/2/19
Hello! After much browsing through the forums. I finally decided to pull the trigger on a Rolex Explorer BP. There was a lot of back and forth in my mind whether or not I wanted to spend the extra money on the 901L model from either JF or ARF. I came to conclusion that I wanted to get the regular 916L version and the BP version had the best dial for my eyes with a reliable movement I thought what the heck and finally shot for it.

Timeline:
(3/18/19 @ 7:38PM PST)
Inquired whether Explorer BP A2836 was still available via WhatApp.
(3/18/19 @ 11:33PM)
TD Hont responds confirming that they still have this specific model.
(3/19/19 @ 5:25AM PST)
I inquire how to handle payment and whether QC pictures would be sent.
(3/19/19 @ 7:42PM PST)
TD Hont responds: Western Union or Moneygram... gives information to receive payment and states to email him my information (shipping address & phone number)
(3/19/19 @ 8:44PM PST)
I provide TD information for shipping and pay via Moneygram.

More to come...QC pics are hopefully on the way! So far my experience has been good.

BluuDuu

MULTI ACCOUNT
11/2/19
Timeline (cont.)
(3/20/19)
I ended up cancelling Moneygram because the money transfer was too slow. Resent payment via Western Union and money was instantly available. TD Hont stated that he was able to pick up the money and confirmed my info + stated QC pictures will follow.

BluuDuu

MULTI ACCOUNT
11/2/19
As of today (3/25/19) no movement or any news from Hont. Will reach out to him tomorrow (3/26/19) for any updates.

BluuDuu

MULTI ACCOUNT
11/2/19
Received email in the morning (3/26/19 @ 4:19AM PST) providing tracking number via DHL. QC pictures are absent.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

BluuDuu

MULTI ACCOUNT
11/2/19
It's finally here! I have finally got the watch. (4/1/2019 @ ~3:00PM PST) Honestly on the regular bracelet I don't care for it much, but on a nice leather strap I feel like it really pops! Then again I'm not a huge fan of bracelets on any of my watches and almost all of them have some sort of strap.

Overall experience with Hont ~Not bad~
Reasoning:
1. Hont replies moderately quickly and is moderately helpful. I believe there is some language barriers which is why not all the messages/questions were fully understood. His communication is not bad, but I've talked to other TDs and their response times seems a bit quicker. I only went with Hont for this particular watch because he had the model I was looking for specifically.
2. I'm not sure if translation was lost somewhere but I specifically asked for QC pictures when order and Hont confirmed he would send them, but almost a week later after the order was placed Hont just gave me a tracking number with no QC pics. This was bit sad, but honestly not too big of a deal as I came in with somewhat low expectations.
3. Processing time took a while it look Hont around 6 days to provide tracking number and then another 2 days before the watch was picked up.
4. Shipping as with DHL is always nice and fast so that was greatly appreciated. As this was my first time purchasing a rep watch like this overseas I was a bit worried due to customs, but once it passed through customs I was relieved.
5. Upon receiving the watch it was quite beautiful after unwrapping all the plastics. I'll let the pictures do the talking.

BluuDuu

MULTI ACCOUNT
11/2/19

BluuDuu

MULTI ACCOUNT
11/2/19
V1NQZ8.jpg

Faj

10/3/19
It’s a beauty, if they only had that quality in an updated 36 mm ????

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

Reactions: BluuDuu

BluuDuu

MULTI ACCOUNT
11/2/19
It’s a beauty, if they only had that quality in an updated 36 mm ????

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

36mm! Now that's what i"m talking about! Haha. Odd though since this is supposed to have the wrong caseback which is polished and not brushed, but the one I received actually has the correct caseback to my knowledge...so perhaps I got a mixture of some parts.

Overall if you're looking for an explorer the BP 316L has my vote. Runs and keeps time beautifully so far and the simple design is just fantastically versatile!

Reactions: Faj

Faj

10/3/19
Can’t find a 36 mm - and the clone movement worries me too...

Reactions: BluuDuu

BluuDuu

MULTI ACCOUNT
11/2/19
Can’t find a 36 mm - and the clone movement worries me too...

Yeah I think the clone movement for the 39mm in the other models scared me off too just for reliability reasons. The A2824 just seemed like a safer bet.

Sent from the RWI App

hokim

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/19
This was a helpful thread. I am also planning to buy the Explorer I BP A2836 316L from Hont.

Hont is one of the few (if not only) TDs that I found that carries this older version. The newer version is 904L with A2824, but I don't need the 904L and the A2836 should be as reliable as the A2824.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. It is interesting to hear that he said he would send you QC pics but he ultimately didn't. I will ask him about QC pics.

Reactions: lambo79