• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buyer review. BUYER BEWARE

stegoosh

Horology Curious
27/12/18
I would NOT recommend using Hontwatch.
If you get a watch that is working as specified then the service is great.
But the returns service they state on their website simply does not exist.
My watch was received on time and packaged nicely. If Id got a watch that worked I would have been satisfied.
But the watch was broken (the chronographs did not reset and the top button fell off).

After days of chasing I finally got a return address to post it to. I posted it (recorded of course). The DHL updates showed it was stuck in chinese customs. When DHL invetigated further, it was because they wanted to contact Hontwatch. Hontwatch replied to me as per below:

They need us to provide proof of the value of the watch. I can't do it here. If I declare it according to the genuine watch, I will pay a lot of taxes, so I told them to go through the formalities of returning the goods.
HONTWATCH

So if you need to return a watch for whatever reason Hontwatch will simply refuse to pick it up.
Had I not had tracking on this parcel, the package would have simply been destroyed aand my watch would have vanished into thin air with no recourse for me. Because I have tracking I was able to intervene and establish the real reason behind a failed delivery.

Their website should be amended to say "Providing you with the best products and the best customer service has always been our goal." BUT WE DO NOT OFFER A RETURNS POLICY.

Im totally distraught. This is my first experience with replica watches and I spent weeks sourcing the dealers to find the one I thought was the best.
I am writing this review so that you are fully aware of the risks you face when buying from this dealer.

So if you feel confident enough that you will receive a working watch and it will be exactly as you want, go ahead and buy.
I cannot fault the process for getting a watch delivered and if it is not defective, you will be happy.

But if you receive a DEFECTIVE watch, Hontwatch has absolutely NO RETURNS POLICY whatsoever despite assurances that they do. It simply doesnt exist. You will have to accept that you have a defective watch. Hontwatch wont issue a replacement and you wont get your money back.

Overall, I rate this dealer 2/10. Those 2 are for the fast delivery. -8 for appaling returns process and disgraceful customer service.
This is now in the hands of RWI moderators to see if there is some way we can rescue something from this shambles.
This can all be massively turned around and confidence fully restored if Hontwatch will do the decent thing and replace the watch or give me a refund.

628 dollars.

lorenzo1910

I'm Pretty Popular
12/2/18
Tuscany - Italy
That's why nobody here would send back to China a defective watch...
Passing the customs once is risky... why let it pass thru for three times?

Hope you get it back... then let a watchsmith repair it...
I wouldn't comment on Hontwatch... (never had any business with them)

Last edited:

stegoosh

Horology Curious
27/12/18
agreed if I get it back thats the approach Im going to take. thanks bud

Ghostrider757

I'm the one who knocks.
Patron
Certified
9/8/17
Underground
When they contact hontwatch because they want him to prove the value of an illegal watch, and he will be forced to pay taxes on a gen, you really expect him to pick it up?? Would you pay taxes on a gen value of a rep for something you sold? I’m sure if he receives the watch from shipping without incident he would most certainly honor any kind of warranty.

For the record, in this instance, you would have the same issue at any TD not just this one. You spent weeks “sourcing TD’s” yet you didn’t spend any time looking into what to do if/when you have a problem with a rep.

In this game, you have to be willing to accept the risk of losing your investment. That’s the cost of buying reps.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: tohami1966

stegoosh

Horology Curious
27/12/18
Im not going to get into a keyboard spat with you - Im just pointing out that I followed the process as he instructed. If they cannot or will not accept watches back then this clearly needs to be stated. Rather than give me a postal address when he knew full well he wasnt going to accept it?

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Im not going to get into a keyboard spat with you - Im just pointing out that I followed the process as he instructed. If they cannot or will not accept watches back then this clearly needs to be stated. Rather than give me a postal address when he knew full well he wasnt going to accept it?
It appears you engaged in a return but forgot to disclose value on your customs form. It’s a common mistake that even a modder would face a tax to pay if you improperly filled out the form. I’ve returned once in the past for warranty and no issues. Gl

I've gotten burned over Cheryl Tiegs,
Blown up for Raquel Welch.
But when I wind up in the hay it's only hay, Hey Hey

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska

This is not Amazon, and you are buying an illegal counterfeit product. You have to be able to accept the potential issues and if you would have read through the forum more prior to purchasing, you would have known not to send a watch back to China for repair as it is a complete crap shoot to get it back.

The M2M section has awesome deals, and if you are CONUS which I suspect you are, then you will be able to find something you like and get it PDQ. If there are isssues in a M2M sale the seller is responsible for taking care of anything undisclosed, unlike what happened in your dealing with Hont.

Again, sending watches back to China that arrive DOA or with issues is something we highly discourage.

I understand you are upset, but you made a mistake sending the watch back without figuring out if it was a good move. You need to take ownership of that mistake and move on. If you can't then the rep hobby is probably not for you.

Reactions: macarone

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
Forgot to add that I have purchased from Hont and his communication is top notch and shipping is indeed very quick. Dealers do not make the reps, they merely sell them. Keep that in mind as well moving forward. The excitement to get a cool rep can be overwhelming, but you must slow down, temper your expectations, and be prepared to lose money. Losing money on this hobby is 100% going to happen and you must be ok with that.

stegoosh

Horology Curious
27/12/18
Ive taken on board all the comments. I will likely have to order another but I doubt I will use Hont again because I'm just not that pleased with the way things were handled once I said there was an issue. That is still part of the customer experience. He ought at least to have told me "sorry pal it wont get through customs if you send it back" because then I could have sought an alternate approach.
50 quid to post it as well. If I buy another that's over a grand and thats assuming I get the other one without any issues.
Now I'm just hoping I will get it back - a broken watch is better than no watch.

Reactions: Batoche

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Ive taken on board all the comments. I will likely have to order another but I doubt I will use Hont again because I'm just not that pleased with the way things were handled once I said there was an issue. That is still part of the customer experience. He ought at least to have told me "sorry pal it wont get through customs if you send it back" because then I could have sought an alternate approach.
50 quid to post it as well. If I buy another that's over a grand and thats assuming I get the other one without any issues.
Now I'm just hoping I will get it back - a broken watch is better than no watch.

you can still send it to a modder/ forum watchsmith to fix

lorenzo1910

I'm Pretty Popular
12/2/18
Tuscany - Italy
Ive taken on board all the comments. I will likely have to order another but I doubt I will use Hont again because I'm just not that pleased with the way things were handled once I said there was an issue.

Mate, that will be the same with any TD...

Ralphy1975
He's talking about "quid"... hence he's from UK... ;)

milzcastro

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/4/18
Hont SUCKS at replying and showing the slightest bit of good customer service.

I don’t care how many of you love him or how long he’s been around.

It takes him a month to reply to a fu**%king email.

I WILL NEVER USE HIM AGAIN

Reactions: Batoche