• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First high tier rep order

alphazone

Horology Curious
4/10/21
AT
Hello guys, I've finally decided to pull the trigger on the IWC Portugieser IW503502 with blue dial and annual calendar. I will update this post regularly as soon as there are new updates.

Payment made (via Wise) and received confirmation from Hont on 16/12/2021

Now waiting for the QC pics to come :)

Cheers!

Last edited:

alphazone

Horology Curious
4/10/21
AT
Received QC pictures on 22/12/2021, literally just now.
First of all: As I see, the sticker is from YL Factory (I may be wrong) even though I ordered the ZF Factory version. Do I assume that correctly?

Also it seems like the index at 6 o'clock position is a bit off.

Finally, the timegrapher shows that the movement goes +/- 11s/d. I read that until 12s/d is acceptable.

Should I RL because of those flaws?

Cheers!

Last edited:

alphazone

Horology Curious
4/10/21
AT
Related to the last post, I RL the watch he sent me. Received new QC pics yesterday (27/12/2021). This time the watch was from the correct factory and everything was fine in general. The only thing was that on the timegrapher it showed that the watch goes +/- 86s/d which is quite a lot so I asked Hont whether it's possible to adjust the watch somehow. Now waiting for his response.

40mm

19/10/21
GreatWhiteNorth
+86 seconds a day is a huge error that is almost certainly out of spec for that movement. That would indicate to me that there is something wrong with the movement.

alphazone

Horology Curious
4/10/21
AT
+86 seconds a day is a huge error that is almost certainly out of spec for that movement. That would indicate to me that there is something wrong with the movement.

Yeah I also was quite surprised when I saw +86s/d. Then I guess I'll RL the watch and ask Hont to source a new one. Thanks for your help! :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
Amplitude and beat error are both great. My guess is that it needs to be demagnetized and/or regulated. It’s not hard to do If you have the right tools.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
ZF is definitely the right choice for these IWC models. And those movements run quite accurate under normal circumstances. Like has been said, +86 s/d is way out.

alphazone

Horology Curious
4/10/21
AT
Yeah, the watch itself and everything else on the timegrapher was just fine, only the +86s/d made me quite insecure. I also don't want to take the risk of receiving a faulty watch so I RL the watch some minutes ago.

Also, Hont hasn't answered to my messages from 1 1/2 ago. Has anyone had the same experience with Hont's answers?

Plaasbaas

Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
I have never dealt with Hont myself but am sure he is a fine gent, if one deals with him in an adult and respectful manner (I am not insinuating that you don't).

Personally I think your RL's were justified. It could have been only magnetism, but it could've also been something more severe that would make a thorough cleansing of the hairspring necessary for example or even worse. But that's only my 2 cents of course.

alphazone

Horology Curious
4/10/21
AT
I'm also sure that Hont is a good guy, if he wasn't he wouldn't have the TD status and the good reputation he has, so I'm not worried because of that at all. I just got a bit worried that he may be upset because I also RLed the second watch he sent me. But I'm sure he has a lot to do and that I'm obviously not the only customer he has to serve, so I'm alright with the time he is taking for his response. As long as he responds at all I'm happy haha. Thanks anyway, I'll let y'all know as soon as there is something new to tell.

Cheers!

Reactions: Plaasbaas

alphazone

Horology Curious
4/10/21
AT
Hey guys, I got some news for you: Hont sent me the timegrapher pics of the fixed watch yesterday. +8s/d is okay for me so I GL the watch. I'm now waiting for him to confirm shipment and send me the tracking number. I'll update as soon as there is new information.

Cheers!
90183d55f8c762e8c179401a69c7fa5e.jpg

Last edited:

Plaasbaas

Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
Hey guys, I got some news for you: Hont sent me the timegrapher pics of the fixed watch yesterday. +8s/d is okay for me so I GL the watch. I'm now waiting for him to confirm shipment and send me the tracking number. I'll update as soon as there is new information.

Cheers!
90183d55f8c762e8c179401a69c7fa5e.jpg

Sounds great! I hope you will hold your IWC Portuguese in your hands very soon. Awesome watch, I love mine.

Reactions: alphazone

alphazone

Horology Curious
4/10/21
AT
Sounds great! I hope you will hold your IWC Portuguese in your hands very soon. Awesome watch, I love mine.

Thanks mate, really appreciate it! Received the tracking number some minutes ago. Now waiting for it to update.

I received a DHL Paket tracking number. Do some of you already have experience with the DHL Paket shipment and if yes, what have your experiences been like?

Plaasbaas

Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
Thanks mate, really appreciate it! Received the tracking number some minutes ago. Now waiting for it to update.

I received a DHL Paket tracking number. Do some of you already have experience with the DHL Paket shipment and if yes, what have your experiences been like?

Cool. :thumbsup:

I know that the following advice might not be to everybodies liking, but if you can - just sit back and relax now.
Put your mind at ease and forget about the watch until it suddenly arrives on your doorstep. :)
Trust on the TD's experience. And should something go wrong, monitoring the tracking every day would not
have prevented that. At least that is how I myself deal with this business. :)

alphazone

Horology Curious
4/10/21
AT
Sooo guys, the watch arrived today, 9 days after the watch was shipped. I'm just amazed how professional Hont handled my order and I definitely recommend him! The watch itself looks just astonishing and everything's great, just the leather band is a bit stiff but I know that it needs some time to become a bit softer, so that's no problem at all.

Finally, here are some shots of my new beauty *-*
9a43c9a436f29111d13ad72f1718a148.jpg

d6bf97a5d9e974ea588380ae4ba8fd30.jpg

a19af7b9c5e793fdb3ff4b933106ae84.jpg

Plaasbaas

Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
Sooo guys, the watch arrived today, 9 days after the watch was shipped. I'm just amazed how professional Hont handled my order and I definitely recommend him! The watch itself looks just astonishing and everything's great, just the leather band is a bit stiff but I know that it needs some time to become a bit softer, so that's no problem at all.

Finally, here are some shots of my new beauty *-*
9a43c9a436f29111d13ad72f1718a148.jpg

d6bf97a5d9e974ea588380ae4ba8fd30.jpg

a19af7b9c5e793fdb3ff4b933106ae84.jpg

Enjoy every bit of it. I am a big fan of them Portugiesers myself :)

Clasp sits almost right for your wrist size imo. If the short end of the strap was a wee bit shorter it would probably be even more comfortable. Just adding this out of my experience, don't want to talk you into anything. But maybe worth giving a try should you ever upgrade the strap (which catapults these watches into new dimensions).

Reactions: alphazone

alphazone

Horology Curious
4/10/21
AT
Enjoy every bit of it. I am a big fan of them Portugiesers myself :)

Clasp sits almost right for your wrist size imo. If the short end of the strap was a wee bit shorter it would probably be even more comfortable. Just adding this out of my experience, don't want to talk you into anything. But maybe worth giving a try should you ever upgrade the strap (which catapults these watches into new dimensions).

Thanks mate, I really appreciate it! I definitely will haha! :)
Yeah, due to the fact that the band is quite stiff, I'm also thinking about changing the strap, only thing is that I'm not sure how to "transfer" the clasp to the new band - do you maybe have some advice for me at this point? Anyway, I'm really happy with my new watch and as many people on RWI already said: Once you start buying reps, it becomes an addiction hahaha

Plaasbaas

Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
I'm not sure how to "transfer" the clasp to the new band - do you maybe have some advice for me at this point?

Sure, it's really quite straight forward:

I tried to picture it, but haven't found the best software to do so, therefore excuse my attempt to "write" with the computer mouse lol.

Just push the longer end of the strap through and fix it with the PIN (left hand side in the pic).
The shorter end is being held by a springbar. Note that the strap is tapered, so it's 22mm between the lugs and 18mm at the clasp.

If the clasp is not tight enough you can gently bend it a bit (more).

Best of luck and congrats again! Nice purchase :)

alphazone

Horology Curious
4/10/21
AT
Gorgeous, I didn’t know they were still produced. Might pick up exactly the same watch to join my gen 500106 and rep 387802

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You wouldn't make a wrong decision, the watch is great! Hopefully one day I may also own a gen, in the meantime I'll stick to the recent one lol