• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Linde Werdelin straps

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
I would like to officially confirm that i will be making an attempt at LW straps in the nearest future, with regular set of options to be offered: saffiano, alcantara, croc.

Thanks to Sharkey i will be receiving LW The One much much faster than i expected. I will be able to start the R&D process for the inserts already this weekend.

Stay tuned to find out the latest news.

-- Update October 1st 2014
Some straps to see

lkMLKL5.jpg

pN195Vt.jpg

OlG5cNh.jpg

5Lh7QOn.jpg

iTDB6N4.jpg

8eJnyFl.jpg

hiwwVDd.jpg

wolfwood

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/2/11
Can't wait. If it turns out as great as your AP straps, there'll be line up a mile long to buy the strap!

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
Can't wait. If it turns out as great as your AP straps, there'll be line up a mile long to buy the strap!

The quality will be top notch, and the fit OEM-ish as i will target the gen market too. Otherwise i won't release them.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Good news SMP.
One suggestion: Make the inserts out of titanium. They take a lot of beating and strain. Shame if they deform, then the strap is useless.

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
Good news SMP.
One suggestion: Make the inserts out of titanium. They take a lot of beating and strain. Shame if they deform, then the strap is useless.

I was contemplating the idea of composite/plastic inserts, but now i understand it is impossible as the thread goes trough the insert and not the case. But still my inserts will be of a more complex construction than this :

oCuKdKt.jpg

it would be more like the gen :

gpYIvw8.jpg

A metal part incorporated in plastic/rubber to give it better shape at the case, to avoid the horrors like this:

6ajfPmx.jpg

Wilazn

Renowned Member
21/12/11
Nice! Cant wait. Would love a brown Gator.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Holy crap. Who did the stitching on the white strap ? Stevie Wonder ? What an abortion. Can't wait to see your final product.

jpohl402

10/7/12
Damn Wolfwood, you have a boss number of sale transactions!

Anyway im looking forward to this strap.
BMW, do you have a LW now? I just bought one but havent received yet.

Cee

Renowned Member
1/6/11
Looking forward to this - please keep us updated! ;)

Looking for another black/brown leather strap for my LW.

wolfwood

4/2/11
Damn Wolfwood, you have a boss number of sale transactions!

Anyway im looking forward to this strap.
BMW, do you have a LW now? I just bought one but havent received yet.

LOL! Spending waaaay too much on this hobby! Btw, I've got a black dial one and it's awesome. Which one did you order?

ganlinia

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/1/13
almost bought that strap from wild, but the fitting stopped me at the end.

looking forward to your works!

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
No LW yet. Factory has halted their production. But as soon as the new batches are out , I'm buying one. Right now I'm waiting for the three 44 AP's I ordered.

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
i will have to get myself the black dial version too. My silver dial will be subject to pretty harsh treatment, as it will be used on a full time basis by the strapmaker, to fit the straps flush with case when i'm ready with inserts.

Or maybe it's just an excuse to buy one more LW for me

revhrd

5/2/11
Smp, also if you can source a higher grade screws and include them or sell them separately as the ones included are too soft and can snap in the case and strap holders.

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
Contacted Angus about the inserts, he said that he sold all the available pieces to that guy who made slaughterer's strap. I guess we will see lots of those straps flaunting the fora. What a waste of inserts and hides... and money of course.

I hoped i could reduce the r&d time by getting those metal inserts, but looks like no.