• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to Gunny Straps - introduction

petergunny

Trusted Dealer
9/6/08
Hi, nice meeting you all n thanx for visiting my site.

Strapmaking story started view months ago when reading posts in many forums about PAM strap. I always interested in 24/24 or 26/26 straps and I really admire the looks, my desire to buy always come up everytime I saw it. Few days later I accidentally met my old friend that doin leather business, traditionally processed. Talked to her about leathery makes me think to try to make my own strap n actualize my ideas on strap. Through some exercises n tutor from some strapmakers in another forum finally it's done, n I post some pictures of it on another forum and the response was good, then some of senior members talked to me about strap business. Shortly, after some long process then finally management here was very kind to give me section here. Many thanks to RWI management team for this opportunity.

Back to strap business. Gunny straps is hand made & hand stitched, it's all made by hand, so you might found some minor imperfection. From cutting, glueing, punching stitch holes, stitching, punching tang holes was done by me myself with help of small manual tools. So, every strap is unique, n have their own character, especially for manually distressed/vintaged one.

Sizing. Size is fully customized, you can order 70/115, 75/115, 80/120, 80/125, even 80/140, there's no limitation on this. Just give me your size when ordering, like: 24/24/75/115 or 26/26/80/120, etc. Also pls note that there's tolerance +/-2mm for length and +/-1mm for width since my vintagizing process can alter the size a bit.

Pricing. Pricing is flat rate $89.99, includes shipping with standard registered airmail to all countries. Price is without buckle, at this moment I don't have buckles in stock, in the future if I have it in stock continuously I will sell it as 1 package. Special premium price might applied for limited edition leather material.

Working time. I dont have finished strap in stock, all will be made based on your order, so give me approx. 7 working days to make one strap for you (from receiving the payment till send it to post/courier to be shipped).

Shipping. Shipping is by standard registered airmail to all countries (no tracking), and that includes in the price. Normally it will takes 10-14 working days to arrive for std reg airmail. For faster delivery I can use EMS for extra $15, will take 4-7 working days to arrive, but not every countries can be served by EMS in my place. Other couriers also works well, but please email me for the rate.

Payment method. I receive Paypal/Moneybookers to [email protected]. I also accept bank transfer, Moneygram, & Western Union. Your order will be proceed after I receive the payment.

Lost in custom/mail policy. Gunny straps's intended to have a good long-term strap business and will maintan it, but lost in mail or custom after we handed-over the package to post office/courier to be shipped is beyond our control. That's not only bad for you but it's also bad for us because for us each of our strap is a unique piece of art, and we will do our best to keep it from being lost. Just in case it happened, we will re-make it for you for half price after I receive the payment, or I will refund your money 100%, it's up to you which one do you prefer. But this replacement policy only valid once (1 times) for every order.

Taking order. Please email me at [email protected] for ordering.
I prefer to do all communication regarding your order via email.

You can check to gunnystraps.blogspot.com also, since that is the most update things of any Gunny Straps matter.

Please check back often since I'm gonna add new series periodically, enjoy.

img6170kg1.jpg

Best regards,
Peter.

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
Welcome to the forum mate! :)

Looking forward to see those awesome straps! :mrgreen:

BTW love what's for supper today, custom straps and wine, hold the Panerai please! :mrgreen:

petergunny

Trusted Dealer
9/6/08
:mrgreen: Nice meeting you Guanaco! cheers!

guanaco said:
Welcome to the forum mate! :)

Looking forward to see those awesome straps! :mrgreen:

BTW love what's for supper today, custom straps and wine, hold the Panerai please! :mrgreen:

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
welcome, i look forward to seeing your straps.

hk

petergunny

Trusted Dealer
9/6/08
Nice meeting you HK! I'll make more variant of Gunny straps n post it in this forum, hopefully it can satisfy any PAM-addict's passion for straps, I'd love to contribute somethin to this community.

hk45ca said:
welcome, i look forward to seeing your straps.

hk

lan61t

Renowned Member
7/4/08
Your straps are sooooo good, they are so inspirational for me :)

pupus

Horology Curious
11/4/08
i oso order straps from peter dis morning...cant wait to see it :shock:

petergunny

Trusted Dealer
9/6/08
pupus said:
i oso order straps from peter dis morning...cant wait to see it :shock:

in the process of making... :) shipping to your place shud be quite fast from mine, so ur waiting time shud be shorter :mrgreen:

pupus

Horology Curious
11/4/08
how long it takes from you country to mine Peter...becoz i want to stay put waiting for the straps coming to my house :roll:

petergunny

Trusted Dealer
9/6/08
Hi Pupus, pls give me maximum of 7 working days to make the strap, usually shorter than that. For the shipment, I've never been shipped to your country but by looking to the close distance between your's & mind my assumption it shud be shorter time. From my place to Europe/USA usually will take 9-10 working days based on recent shipment.

Cheers.

pupus said:
how long it takes from you country to mine Peter...becoz i want to stay put waiting for the straps coming to my house :roll:

lan61t

Renowned Member
7/4/08
I'm in the process of discussing my order with Peter, he's a great guy to talk to, and willing to go extra mile for the customer :)
I hope we can finalize everything soon Peter :) Cant wait to see the straps in my hand :)

pupus

Horology Curious
11/4/08
lan61t said:
I'm in the process of discussing my order with Peter, he's a great guy to talk to, and willing to go extra mile for the customer :)
I hope we can finalize everything soon Peter :) Cant wait to see the straps in my hand :)[

me too....olso order 2nd straps with peter...nice dealer :D

lan61t

Renowned Member
7/4/08
Congrats to Gunny Strap no longer in probation :)

Can not wait to get mine :)

petergunny

Trusted Dealer
9/6/08
He he.. thanx Lan61t, btw, your orders is highly customized, he he... give me headache :D but, glad to serves you anyway :D

This guy had placed order 5 highly customized straps at once! and we're still talking on sixth order for his B&R, still finding right leather for it.

[smilie=alien.gif] [smilie=alien.gif] [smilie=alien.gif]

lan61t said:

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
just what we need

nice to know

is available!

Life is Good!

Klink

:D

lan61t

Renowned Member
7/4/08
Peter is a fantastic guy, not only capable of making great looking strap - because i hvnt feel it - but i believe it will feel fantastic, he's also a great guy to talk to.

Is there any chance that you can bump me up in your production line? :twisted: hehehehe

petergunny said:
He he.. thanx Lan61t, btw, your orders is highly customized, he he... give me headache :D but, glad to serves you anyway :D

This guy had placed order 5 highly customized straps at once! and we're still talking on sixth order for his B&R, still finding right leather for it.

[smilie=alien.gif] [smilie=alien.gif] [smilie=alien.gif]

lan61t said:

poorboyny

Looking Around
27/9/08
Any pictures of your straps on a B&R? Beautiful work, by the way...

petergunny said: