• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JK factory Graham Chronofighter Superlight

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
I just learned this rep was released! I own several gen Grahams and several of the classic reps from 10+ years ago. The gen quality is stunning and theyre a bargain at the closeout prices. The gen Superlight cannot be had right now for under $5k. Once they discontinue the line, however they will probably be almost half that.

Nevertheless, I'm in for one of these. Which dealer did you use? I'm going to start with Hont and see if he can offer a better price.

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
watchchris, how does the quality of the Superlight compared to your old reps?

Is the trigger mechasm less rickety on the Superlight?

watchchris

7/7/06
Conus
The quality of my old Graham's was great. Just too heavy for everyday wear.

The new SL version has a titanium case instead of plastic for the Genuine. I like titanium better than plastic.

I think only the Carbotech on Panerai reps is okay for everyday wear on a carbon / plastic composite case.

I saw a video of the genuine Super light Graham on youtube and there was a small gouge in the plastic case on a new one!

The trigger on the rep is great and even the buckle is carbon. Just a fantastic piece. Very underrated here on the Forum. Everyone thinks $700 is too much to pay. But the Materials and quality of the build are fantastic. So I think it is worth it. Yeah some will bitch about the price when they remember what one cost 10 years ago. But that was then and this is now. The watch wears like a small one with regard to it's weight. So it is comfortable all day long. I used Puretime and they got it shipped out fast.

If you pull the trigger on one ( pun intended ) you will be happy you did.

Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: shinynewbling25

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
Thanks Chris. I'm a bit disappointed about the Ti case. I believe the gen is compressed carbon or carbon laced resin?

What about the strap quality? The gen Graham rubber is outstanding but nearly $200. I may buy a bunch of the rep straps if quality is good and price reasonable.

watchchris

7/7/06
Conus
The strap quality is good. Very comfortable.
I see the titanium cas as a plus since the genuine is mostly plastic resin and very prone to scratches.
I think it is funny that swatch pioneered a plastic case a long time ago and the G-Shock makes a great rugged watch but only charges a very reasonable price. While Graham must think their plastic is worth a lot more.

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
It's confusing but there are different Superlight cases. The clear ones are resin, which may be quite fragile. The black ones are carbon that should be more durable. However, I'm told they all can break and that Gen replacement parts prices are beyond outrageous.

watchchris

7/7/06
Conus
I bet the Carbon case is just plastic with some graphite to make the black color. Even a rep will not make that kind of junk.

titanium will not crack or chip like plastic.
Even the Carbon case of Audemars Piguet are somewhat fragile. Only panerai makes a strong Carbon case.
So I think it is quite funny that the rep is better than the genuine in this case.

In the end, watches are only man jewelry. Wear what you like.

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
Apparently, the factory wants $100 for an extra strap! That's insane considering the gen strap is $220 and of impeccable quality. It's a shame because if they charged $50 each, I'd buy one in each color.

As tempted as I am to buy the rep watch, I have a feeling these will sell poorly at $700 and they'll ultimately be closed out cheap.

watchchris

7/7/06
Conus
Maybe. I think there is a huge market in Asia for these watches. Be interesting to ask a dealer how they are selling.
As soon as I saw it, I listed both of my old Graham’s.
I love this one 100 times as much as those.
And if they do get discounted, I will get a couple more of them

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
I'm probably going to go for the orange now, and buy a couple more during the inevitable clearance sale.

Would you say the quality of the trigger housing is better than the old reps? If you handle a gen, there was no comparison to the old reps. The gen housing is solid as a rock. The reps were always a bit rickety, and the hex bolt on the top of the housing is a faux screw. That was the weak point on the reps. Many of the reps were also uncomfortable on the wrist. Any comfort issues with this one?

Also, how is the AR holding up? I just hate it when AR wears off!

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
Hi everyone, is the carbon real carbon fiber or just a printed material???

I just received mine and everything appears to be genuine carbon fiber, but how exactly would you tell the difference? From what I can see, the only real issue with the watch is that rep's main case is made from titanium rather than the carbon nanotube composite used in the gen, and I'm not sure how you'd tell the difference there either.

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
I just received mine and everything appears to be genuine carbon fiber, but how exactly would you tell the difference? From what I can see, the only real issue with the watch is that rep's main case is made from titanium rather than the carbon nanotube composite used in the gen, and I'm not sure how you'd tell the difference there either.

Pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Great looking watches and I’ve been eyeballing them for quite some time. Love the unique design and hoping they fall in price a bit. Still at $700 USD which is over $1000 AUD for this rep.

Patience grasshopper….

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
Where did you get the gen Graham movement? Or do you mean gen ETA movement?

silkmeister

Horology Curious
5/12/12
I absolutely love Graham watches and have 2 older reps. Obviously we are limited to the options available but this is certainly on my radar for when I can justify the price.

Reactions: shinynewbling25