• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen Tudor BBB

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
Just got this from Jomashop. I've purchased several watches from them. This one has a scratch. Was hard to take a picture, but it's noticeable. Would you send it back?

BirkinTourbillon

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/14
Congrats on your purchase! Well I would definitely seek a solution from Jomashop since such scratches must not exist on “Brand New” items. I’ll at least try to find out of Jomashop’s item return/exchange procedural. If they say that it will take more than 6 months to settle, then forget it, not worth all the fuss. Just my 2 cents, goodluck.

“Tienes que correr riesgos, en esta vida”

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
Congrats on your purchase! Well I would definitely seek a solution from Jomashop since such scratches must not exist on “Brand New” items. I’ll at least try to find out of Jomashop’s item return/exchange procedural. If they say that it will take more than 6 months to settle, then forget it, not worth all the fuss. Just my 2 cents, goodluck.

Thanks for the input. I'm in the process of returning it. Hopefully they will swap it out. I've sent them images of the scratch and such and they said they'll get back to me.... I wasn't going to bother, but as you said. It's a new watch, it should be flawless.... And my OCD started to kick in, the more I thought about it....

Reactions: BirkinTourbillon

BirkinTourbillon

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/14
Thanks for the input. I'm in the process of returning it. Hopefully they will swap it out. I've sent them images of the scratch and such and they said they'll get back to me.... I wasn't going to bother, but as you said. It's a new watch, it should be flawless.... And my OCD started to kick in, the more I thought about it....

Good choice! I can only imagine how to live with the scratch on your “BNIB” items, being an OCD myself, I can tell you it is going to drive you nuts. All in all, hopefully it works out quick and well for you, buddy!

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Congratulations on your new purchase. I'm sorry it arrived blemished. I agree if sold as new it should arrive pristine and I'd also be looking for some solution. Perhaps they will knock a couple of hundred off to avoid the headache of exchange. Considering it will be worn this would satisfy me personally. Ultimately it will be a personality mark which every watch I own, genuine and replica possess.

Reactions: bobo383

RT8906

Renowned Member
11/4/20
Canada
Congratulations on your new purchase. I'm sorry it arrived blemished. I agree if sold as new it should arrive pristine and I'd also be looking for some solution. Perhaps they will knock a couple of hundred off to avoid the headache of exchange. Considering it will be worn this would satisfy me personally. Ultimately it will be a personality mark which every watch I own, genuine and replica possess.

Whole heartedly agree, that blemish is easily removed in 5 mins. I hope they take good care of you.

Reactions: bobo383

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
Whole heartedly agree, that blemish is easily removed in 5 mins. I hope they take good care of you.

Thanks. If they tell me I'm SOL, can I send it to you for fixing? :cool: I asked the company that serviced and repaired my Breitling and they said that they would have to polish the WHOLE WATCH. I was like... And why? Anyway. Hopefully jomashop will honor their advertised agreements... They're certainly not in any hurry when communicating...

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
... And here's their response
We appreciate your patience.
We have already finished reviewing the photos you have sent and again we would like to apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.
We would like to offer a refund of $100 as compensation for the issue in the hopes for you to keep the item instead.
So, who wants to make $100 to "fix" the blemish? I will gladly pay it.

drummerkid1990

9/7/11
... And here's their response
We appreciate your patience.
We have already finished reviewing the photos you have sent and again we would like to apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.
We would like to offer a refund of $100 as compensation for the issue in the hopes for you to keep the item instead.
So, who wants to make $100 to "fix" the blemish? I will gladly pay it.

Tell them that is not acceptable, they are basically giving you shipping costs as a refund.

Sent from the RWI App

RT8906

Renowned Member
11/4/20
Canada
Thanks. If they tell me I'm SOL, can I send it to you for fixing? :cool: I asked the company that serviced and repaired my Breitling and they said that they would have to polish the WHOLE WATCH. I was like... And why? Anyway. Hopefully jomashop will honor their advertised agreements... They're certainly not in any hurry when communicating...

All you need is this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32981057497.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4d4BlO3V

Brush watch with the green side along the grain of the machine marks of the metal case. It will take only three careful strokes like that. Happy to help but ANY watch expert can help for one and you should learn this because it will happen again. I can return a beat up watch to good in short order with this pad. Good luck and enjoy.

Reactions: Copterguy

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
All you need is this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32981057497.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4d4BlO3V

Brush watch with the green side along the grain of the machine marks of the metal case. It will take only three careful strokes like that. Happy to help but ANY watch expert can help for one and you should learn this because it will happen again. I can return a beat up watch to good in short order with this pad. Good luck and enjoy.

Wow, thanks for the advise. Is there something similar in smaller quantities... Like on Amazon that you'd recommend? Otherwise, I'll buy this and try.

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida

... Nevermind.. I just ordered it. Lol. Hopefully doesn't take 3 months to deliver. Ha ha

RT8906

Renowned Member
11/4/20
Canada
Wow, thanks for the advise. Is there something similar in smaller quantities... Like on Amazon that you'd recommend? Otherwise, I'll buy this and try.

HA, when you get it you'll laugh at yourself. I order these like candy cause they wear out fast.

RT8906

Renowned Member
11/4/20
Canada
Copterguy One more thing, try it on a shit watch first to get used to it. White side is for mirror finish, green for satin finish. The green side will polish away satin finishes so learn the thresholds on a Timex.

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
Copterguy One more thing, try it on a shit watch first to get used to it. White side is for mirror finish, green for satin finish. The green side will polish away satin finishes so learn the thresholds on a Timex.

Thanks. I got a daily beater Breitling that's in need of help. I'll play on it first.