• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JAEGER LECOULTRE - Géographique Master Control - 142.2.57.S

meanmeech

Horology Curious
3/11/20

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Tough market for JLC's.

Going to need more info on that piece you've been offered. Probably needs a service in order to sell, that's an additional €1,500 on top. Now you're at €6k which is probably around true market value. Very hard to sell this piece.

meanmeech

Horology Curious
3/11/20
It's identical to the link I shared and I agree that the service has to be taken into consideration - as per the original comments. Out of interest, why is it a hard piece to sell?

Doc_Savage

Amor Fati
Supporter
Certified
18/3/19
Michigan
It's identical to the link I shared and I agree that the service has to be taken into consideration - as per the original comments. Out of interest, why is it a hard piece to sell?

Other than the Reverso, JLCs usually don't move very fast on the secondary market. Because of this, there is often a pretty steep discount for a used JLC. It's a shame, because they are very cool watches, and their movements power many high end watches from other brands.

time2watch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/4/20
I'd say if the price is good, it might be worth it but JLC's in general are soft in the secondary market from what I've heard as well. If you know a few people who'd be interested, then it'd be a smoother process. Dealers of course will try to low ball you on the price

BirkinTourbillon

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/14
Pricing is a tad too high IMHO, I suppose it’s something to do with getting from a dealer. My advice if you want to flip watches, always get it from a direct owner/user so it can increase your margin. Getting from direct owner will make it easier to negotiate, as the second hand market for JLCs worldwide is quite soft, especially on models made of fine materials (Au750, Pt950, etc.). Just my 2 cents. Goodluck!

“Tienes que correr riesgos, en esta vida”