• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Datejust 41 126334 - Gen or Rep ?

yao

Horology Curious
3/3/21
Hello,

I registered today and wanted to ask you guys a question about a recent purchase which went through Chrono24 but from a dealer outside of my country. I bought a Rolex Datejust 41 126334 Rhodium as a fullset (box, papers and everything else). It seems like a gen to me and I tried to compare it to gen watches online but still I'd like to hear some opinions of experienced users. The lume of my watch seems to be really bad because even after holding it under a uv lighter for 1-2 minutes it still stops shining after an hour or less. The date flips when changing the time manually sometimes exactly at 12:00 and sometimes a minute or so earlier. Is this normal?

Some pictures (just tell me if you need better or different ones):

https://ibb.co/album/rKLCk8

I want to thanks everyone in advance and wish you all the best. I feel bad because I just registered for this problem but maybe I can help someone else in the near future as well.
Best regards
yao

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Hello,

I registered today and wanted to ask you guys a question about a recent purchase which went through Chrono24 but from a dealer outside of my country. I bought a Rolex Datejust 41 126334 Rhodium as a fullset (box, papers and everything else). It seems like a gen to me and I tried to compare it to gen watches online but still I'd like to hear some opinions of experienced users. The lume of my watch seems to be really bad because even after holding it under a uv lighter for 1-2 minutes it still stops shining after an hour or less. The date flips when changing the time manually sometimes exactly at 12:00 and sometimes a minute or so earlier. Is this normal?

Some pictures (just tell me if you need better or different ones):

https://ibb.co/album/rKLCk8

I want to thanks everyone in advance and wish you all the best. I feel bad because I just registered for this problem but maybe I can help someone else in the near future as well.
Best regards
yao

Post a picture of the movement

yao

Horology Curious
3/3/21
Post a picture of the movement

I don't have the equipment and a watch maker I went to said he could not do it because there could be problems with Rolex when they see someone opened the watch.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I don't have the equipment and a watch maker I went to said he could not do it because there could be problems with Rolex when they see someone opened the watch.

No. There's no problem with you removing the case back. It looks gen and if you bought it from a reputable seller you should be fine. However, if you post a picture of the movement we can confirm it's gen.

yao

Horology Curious
3/3/21
No. There's no problem with you removing the case back. It looks gen and if you bought it from a reputable seller you should be fine. However, if you post a picture of the movement we can confirm it's gen.

Okay thank you. I will ask a watchmaker to open it for me to confirm if it is a gen and maybe take a picture so I can upload it here. I don't have the needed equipment here but I probably wouldn't trust myself to do it without any scratches. Thanks again for the answer.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Hi, thank you for the reply. I will bring it to a watchmaker as soon as possible to let him inspect the movement.

Take several pictures of the movement and post them here.

corbeau_

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/5/20
I also have a 126334 and this looks absolutely gen to me