• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Lets see you Seiko Samurai

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
I been watching and waiting to get a Seiko Samurai. Always loved the look and the price is good for me $280 now on Ebay and Amazon. So I went with the Orange dial which I was eyeing for a while now. Just recieved that its shipped. So wanted to start a thread show off your Samurai Seiko.

zeeps

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/9/20
I replaced my Samurai Save the Ocean bezel with a DLW Ceramic Aquaris lumed bezel insert. In daylight, the bezel is very shiny, which is not really shown in the photo.

It changes the look of the watch quite bit (the OEM blue two tone bezel -- 1970's look --I just felt was a little 'off'). The lack of the two tone blue makes this bezel a bit more legible and makes the watch a bit more masculine (imho). Now the focus when I look at the watch is on the awesome dial, the blue faded to black pops a bit more, it almost mimics the look of a Tissot Seastar (black bezel/blue dial), which is a bit of modern.

Because it is a Samurai compatible insert I retained the Seiko bezel rather than going the Turtle SRP route. Installed with G-S Hypo Cement which allowed for perfect alignment (as suggested by Damien at DLW-- instead of using tape that could also raise the bezel slightly).

This was my first watch modding, I watched Youtube videos and I used a cheap press and watchback opener off eBay and it took 30 minutes to replace the hardlex.

The sapphire was bought on eBay, cheapest I could find, I can't really tell if there is blue anti-glare coating like it should have. If I were to do it again I would buy the sapphire from Long Island Watch or a reputable vender ($10-15 more, but you know what you are getting). You can also find bezel inserts/sapphire from companies like LCBI.

If you want more selection for bezels/inserts you can buy a turtle SRP bezel and turtle SRP bezel insert and swap those to your Samurai, from what I have read those are compatible.

DD sapphire elevates any watch and is nearly impossible to scratch (same with a ceramic insert). Sapphire would be a must for me for any future Seiko. Watchuseek has a Seiko Samurai mod thread that has pictures of orange dial Samurai's with various mods, you should check that out.

Last edited:

Cowboy45

12/2/18
USA
Few i had on my phone. Love this watch
37ac073f1a44be9782234caee03b3567.jpg
a1ca5222450fa536747c2a274f5facec.jpg
fb7311f71d01e26ce53d22bcfe12d540.jpg
10462389ad8bd21358864d398d2131a3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: EuroTime25

zeeps

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/9/20
added a new look, swappable bezel and insert. From Watch and Style, Black Friday sale

Last edited:
Reactions: EuroTime25