• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A gen GMT Master II?

Sharp92

Horology Curious
2/11/20
So I’m in Berlin and a I got introduced to a private watch collector. One of his watches is this GMT Master II. The guy wants to sell it. Before talking numbers I told him that I have to think about it.

I’m leaving in two days and hope that someone can help me decide whether this is a gen. The “1” on the bezel looks funny to me, but not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me.

Sent from the RWI App

Last edited:

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Before talking numbers I told him that I have to think about it.

I bet you did panama red, more like let me snap a wristie and ask RWI!

Did you fly to Berlin to meet the seller or just stumbled upon it? Be careful over there, good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rx4Time

Sharp92

Horology Curious
2/11/20
Before talking numbers I told him that I have to think about it.

I bet you did panama red, more like let me snap a wristie and ask RWI!

Did you fly to Berlin to meet the seller or just stumbled upon it? Be careful over there, good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to Berlin to visit relatives and friends. Talked watches with friends who are locals. That's how I got introduced to this guy. They're no experts but know he is an enthusiast.

The seller told me he traded his old GMT Master II Black dial for this watch, but still doesn't feel the watch. This was his only Rolex, he mainly collects IWC's and Omega's.

I didn't sense a weird vibe talking to the guy tbh. If this happens to be a rep, chances are he's not even aware of it.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
You expect us to give you an assessment based off of one low light grainy picture?

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
lol, no way that's gen. There was never a ceramic Coke GMT Master II. Just look at the Rehaut engraving for example, pretty bad.

Noobwatchlover520

Looking Around
20/11/20
I don't know if it's the lighting, but the bezel colors look like black and red? If so, that's fake. There are no ceramic bezel cokes.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk