• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega restoration

Vysie

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/7/20
This is not mine it's my fathers, the story is my grandad bought this watch for my dad on his 9th birthday some 55 years ago. Omega seamaster 120 this watch is where my love of omega came from as a kid this never left my dads arm and now I'm older, I understand the connection. Can anyone recommend any one in the UK with a reputation for restoring watches back to a working nice condition as I'd love to hand it him back fixed up. Any help on it would be really appreciated

Kernow

Renowned Member
2/9/13
You probably need someone with access to Omega parts; a watchsmith with a parts account. I’d not restore the case etc, just have the movement overhauled, a new crown fitted and the bracelet fixed. All the scratches tell the life of the watch - the life of your dads watch - do you really want these erased?

Reactions: Vysie

Kingsman

Renowned Member
24/11/15
Savile Row
Try mitka.co.uk, this guy has done some fantastic restorations of vintage watches, and collabs with some other UK-based services in the field.