• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Thoughts on 16233 36mm DJ Offer?

MrHEPennypacker

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/5/20
Stopped in to a local AD on my lunch break to admire a birth-year two-tone DateJust that I’d seen in there a couple weeks ago. Not my grail, but pretty close to it. For something a few decades old, it’s in great condition. Black tapestry dial that looks practically new, original hollow-link jubilee that was looked after well (minimal-to-no stretching), and pristine crystal. No box and papers, but the AD offers a two-year warranty and they’re probably the most reputable jeweler in this part of the state. I figured I’d stop on here to get your thoughts on the price and overall deal before I go and do something potentially stupid.

List is 5,300 and we negotiated down to approximately 4,300. I then got down to an offer of 4,150 plus tax if I pay in cash, which would come to a grand total of 4,440 out the door. From the research I’ve done so far, this is pretty competitive. I saw a 16013 with the same dial go on r/watchexchange for $3550 yesterday. It had the papers, although it didn’t come with the bracelet. Otherwise, I see them going largely in the $5,000-$6,000 range from reputable dealers online. Interested to hear what y’all have to think.