• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seiko Mod

Troklo

23/12/15
Eric replied 950 USD, yikes! 700-750 im OK with but 950 is be a bit too much.

potenza302

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/11/16
San Francisco Bay Area
Eric replied 950 USD, yikes! 700-750 im OK with but 950 is be a bit too much.

Yeah that’s too much. His labor is about 30% more than others. I bought all parts separately myself, and a solid builder in SoCal assembled it for $158 for the complete build.

if you know what exactly you want the piece to look like I can search around for the parts and send you a list

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
ok thanks for the direction, will give them a try.
I tried the direction of reddit but not coming up with dials for NH36 movement. I tried to prise some information from a mod seller on ebay and he states that he gets his supply direct from a factory but only bulk 100 units. He won't give up the factory or the location. I just keep coming up to closed doors.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

potenza302

18/11/16
San Francisco Bay Area
I tried the direction of reddit but not coming up with dials for NH36 movement. I tried to prise some information from a mod seller on ebay and he states that he gets his supply direct from a factory but only bulk 100 units. He won't give up the factory or the location. I just keep coming up to closed doors.

Any SKX/5KX dial works with the NH36. Of course the NH36 is day/date. Attach a pic of what dial you’re looking for and I’ll look around

Last edited:

beau7816

Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
A black dial with white markers.

Troklo

23/12/15
Yeah that’s too much. His labor is about 30% more than others. I bought all parts separately myself, and a solid builder in SoCal assembled it for $158 for the complete build.

if you know what exactly you want the piece to look like I can search around for the parts and send you a list

Hey man thanks a lot, was looking to get something like that watch Eric posted or a bronze one. Do you know if there are gmt movements that would fit the skx case?

potenza302

18/11/16
San Francisco Bay Area
Hey man thanks a lot, was looking to get something like that watch Eric posted or a bronze one. Do you know if there are gmt movements that would fit the skx case?

I’ll search around and put a list together. Check out the CT711 full bronze case from crystal times in the meantime.

As of now there aren’t any gmt movements that fit SKX cases. Recently modders have been buying homage watches, like a Parnis or Pagani, and changing the dial to a Seiko. Not sure what exactly is involved but it might be an option if you definitely want a GMT.

There’s a Seiko Mod Facebook page and members are big into the homage pieces. You should also sign up and ask questions there

Troklo

23/12/15
I’ll search around and put a list together. Check out the CT711 full bronze case from crystal times in the meantime.

As of now there aren’t any gmt movements that fit SKX cases. Recently modders have been buying homage watches, like a Parnis or Pagani, and changing the dial to a Seiko. Not sure what exactly is involved but it might be an option if you definitely want a GMT.

There’s a Seiko Mod Facebook page and members are big into the homage pieces. You should also sign up and ask questions there

I actually calculated how much it would cost to buy all the parts ant it's around 620 USD. He is overcharging but not too much when you take into account he come up with the mod and his work.
Anyway I think I might give a go and build it myself if I have questions about oils, tools where to source parts and such I'll ask you.

potenza302

18/11/16
San Francisco Bay Area
I actually calculated how much it would cost to buy all the parts ant it's around 620 USD. He is overcharging but not too much when you take into account he come up with the mod and his work.
Anyway I think I might give a go and build it myself if I have questions about oils, tools where to source parts and such I'll ask you.

That’s great! The specific dial he used is hard to find and pricey. If you’re in the US, I’d recommend Four Forty Four PM for the build. He’s in SoCal, built time is quick and the cost is very reasonable. Have fun!

Troklo

23/12/15
potenza302 do you know where I can source the parts to build something like this?

SSYx4.png

potenza302

18/11/16
San Francisco Bay Area
potenza302 do you know where I can source the parts to build something like this?

SSYx4.png

CrystalTimes now makes a full bronze SKX case. It looks like the dial movement and hands are stock SKX parts. The dial and hands have had a “patina” makeover, likely using coffee to stain the lume.

The crystal and bezel insert can also be bought from crystaltimes.

You could either
(1)purchase all parts individually and assemble the watch
(2) buy a new or used SKX and replace the case, crystal and bezel insert, and stain the markers.

Troklo

23/12/15
Hey man thanks for the reply, I guess I'll update this thread on how the work goes :)

Last edited:

beau7816

Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
These are two of my latest builds...
69922d683349a15536d50f15a5d9b300.jpg
23ab981e3b65dcfde8682855bb002280.jpg